The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Joining PS4 NA servers. Current faction balance?

Chelister
Chelister
✭✭✭
Just made a fresh new PSN and ESO account and looking to join the NA servers on PS4. What is the faction balance like? And is there anything I need to know beforehand?

• AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP is usually dominant due to having a night crew, 2nd place flip flops between AD and DC

Its not really “balanced” whomever stacks more people overnight wins
    Edited by AuraStorm43 on October 31, 2021 11:37PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP has had steady pop dominance for a few months now...

because of faction lock I no longer cross faction, so not sure how accurate this perspective is:

DC has the best farmers and most solo players, AD generally has the nicest group of people, EP are normally a tight bunch who focus on map play...

prior to EP's current dominance, DC was painting the map blue...

during the week I normally play late night west coast time and the fights are normally pretty even...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume you’re talking about Gray Host?

New campaign starts tomorrow sometime I think. We’ll see how many players have faction change tokens then I guess.

New campaigns start off with a bang but typically EP keeps zerging 24/7 until players in other factions start giving up and quit queueing up. As the campaign goes on my ranking keeps moving up despite playing the same number of hours each day, lol.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New campaign starts tomorrow sometime I think. We’ll see how many players have faction change tokens then I guess.

New campaigns start off with a bang but typically EP keeps zerging 24/7 until players in other factions start giving up and quit queueing up. As the campaign goes on my ranking keeps moving up despite playing the same number of hours each day, lol.

And it makes it frustrating to play, honestly they need to add deterents to prevent overnight zerging
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it makes it frustrating to play, honestly they need to add deterents to prevent overnight zerging

the whole concept of "overnight" is inaccurate with a global player base - hmmmmmm, maybe - "not primetime playtime" :)

the thought of limiting opportunities for people to play just because their alliance has more participants than the other two (combined in many cases) isn't really practical...

the low pop bonus needs to be consistent and functional...

maybe do something with the guard's strength, based on alliance pop...make it extremely difficult for an alliance with a crazy advantage in numbers to paint the whole map a single color...

even if your alliance does receive the hammer, if you're seriously outnumbered you can't even bring it out the gate...

cyrodiil needs some new rule sets to address the player population imbalances...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 2, 2021 2:24AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP stays on until there is no way for DC or AD to win the campaign. They take all the scrolls, emp, most of the keeps and outpost and than AD and DC play the rest of the campaign battling each other for 2nd place.
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

the whole concept of "overnight" is inaccurate with a global player base - hmmmmmm, maybe - "not primetime playtime" :)

the thought of limiting opportunities for people to play just because their alliance has more participants than the other two (combined in many cases) isn't really practical...

the low pop bonus needs to be consistent and functional...

maybe do something with the guard's strength, based on alliance pop...make it extremely difficult for an alliance with a crazy advantage in numbers to paint the whole map a single cover...

even if your alliance dies receive the hammer, if you're seriously outnumbered you can't even bring it out the gate...

cyrodiil needs some new rule sets to address the player population imbalances...

I’m not advocating for them not being to play i have some aussie guild mates, i’m advocating for something to discourage nightime zerg stacking

Something as simple as triggering low pop more frequently in off hours or resetting the map every day would go a long way i think
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to faction stack join EP
    If you want smaller faction stacks and taking resources join DC
    If you're a solo then join AD they dont group.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AuraStorm43 I agree with you...

i mean, if your in there day in, day out, for years on end now - you know...

cyrodiil isn't always such a great situation...

my solution, I have 10 cp1300 toons on the NA server and 7 cp1100 toons on the EU...they're all built for pvp...I've always played the "main" map...

usually when one server is dead, the other is still active...

I don't know, maybe more frequent mayhem events will help...the game has definitely shifted away from having a primary, secondary, tertiary, etc. focus on pvp activities...

to drum up the "noise" on eso pvp, zos introduces 3 pvp sets, one of which is obviously waaaaay overtuned...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 2, 2021 2:38AM