The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crafting Furniture Materials

• Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    The drop rate on heartwood is abysmal-- I've been doing a lot of farming in Blackwood because of the event, and for a while I was finding so few that I was seriously wondering if someone was being trolly by grabbing only the heartwood from nodes. Then it happened over and over and over. Unless someone has been in Blackwood doing this literally 24/7, the drop rate is ungodly low. I'd say that I find heartwood maybe 5% of the time when I harvest wood nodes... I've been purchasing it from guild traders, but the prices are getting ridiculous.

I had similar thoughts during the last event, but when Blackwood continued with the world-wide double drops, that is just impossible to be exploited by players. The heartwood simply went way lower, while the mundane runes now are dropping decently. And no, they are not too many - there never will be, simply because they are only dropping from normal nodes and nothing else, and not every one of them either. But at least within an hour of farming for example, one can gather about enough to afford 2/3 pieces of furniture in a day. However heartwood - has been considerably decreased. So the problems originally stated in this thread persist - only the materials in need of being addressed have changed. If someone would find the time to look into things and bring some balance, things will be much appreciated - just as I have already mentioned above. Nothing passes unnoticed ( though I agree it would be nice for us to come and state the positive things - such as with the mundane runes case, just as we find apparently enough time to complain about so many other things).