The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Plague Husk Horse - what a story

Oliviander
Oliviander
✭✭✭✭
This is the mount I was longing to have since it first came to the game in fall 2017 with the Reaper's harvest crown crates.

As it fits my main - a green Argonian perfectly.

I usually buy 45 crates per season and I'm normally buying Crowns at discount times only.

I was actually having great luck with the dwarven crates that had the first radiant apex mounts - as I got 2 of them.
But no such luck with the Reapers harvest crates then - i even didn't get a normal apex mount.
(If it would have been possible to buy the Plague Husk Horse with gems then,
im sure I would have bought enough crates to do that)

But without such an option I didn't want to push my luck (and my bank account).
But the longer the "availability" of this mount was history I often thought I should at least have tried a few more crates.

The first time when Crates returned to the crown store I was hoping for the Reaper's Harvest Crates.
But that took a long way till today.

When they made the Radiant Apex Mounts available thtough gems I began hoarding gems,
for the return of the Reaper's harvest Crates.
Hoping that it would be enough, I stopped hoarding when I had 1200 gems.

And today "Arrgh" I found out it is 2500.

But luckily I still had 20000 Crowns in reserve.

So I bought more Crates today.
But I could only make it to 2490 Gems with these 60 crates.

And now I had to make an exception and buy some more not discounted Crowns.

And while opening the next 15 Crates I couldn't believe my luck

I actually got the Plaque Husk Horse in a Crate !!

[img][/img]2021-10-21-PHH.jpg

What a day.

So now Im sitting on 2500 gems waitng for something else bveing worth to spend them.

• Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you got what you were looking for :)
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    May I partake in some of your disposable income please.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grats! :)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • VikkiVonTraxx
    VikkiVonTraxx
    ✭✭✭
    So you got absolutely no simple apex?? Did someone had one from that crates or the drop rate is broke? (If yes, how many you bought to have one?)
    Edited by VikkiVonTraxx on October 22, 2021 8:34PM
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you got absolutely no simple apex?? Did someone had one from that crates or the drop rate is broke? (If yes, how many you bought to have one?)

this time
    got no simple apex in the first 60 crates
    got a radiant apex in the next 15
    actually got 1 simple apex in the next 15

I don't remember how many crates I bught in 2017 but my guess is 45
    with no apex at all

And now no more Reaper's Harvest crates for me :-)
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome you managed to obtain the mount :) . Gem price for the plague horse is obscene. No mount is worth 2500 gems. :#
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Awesome you managed to obtain the mount :) . Gem price for the plague horse is obscene. No mount is worth 2500 gems. :#

May be this price is obscene - and I don't think I will ever again pay that much for a mount.
    (ok now I have 3000 gems sitting and waitin, who knows, but I never would have accumulated them
    If it wasn't for the plague husk horse)

But really obscene was the situation where you couldn't purchase the radiant apex mounts at all.
    Luring a few people to buy crates for massive cash just for the one mount they want.

And I guess even in the interest of moneymaking it was a bad decision.
    I think (hope) there are very few people going down that road spending k-Bucks for a mount.

I guess there are so much more willing to spend 200 Bucks in such a case that it should
    be the better way even in terms of moneymaking.

(Ok I read about a guy who went for every Radiant apex mount, even then)
    Edited by Oliviander on October 23, 2021 6:15AM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plague horse is a fantasy mount for me, wanted this mount for an age. I could buy 45 crates with crowns from monthly sub and try my luck, not going to though. Knows the odds are very low.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oliviander wrote: »
    This is the mount I was longing to have since it first came to the game in fall 2017 with the Reaper's harvest crown crates.

As it fits my main - a green Argonian perfectly.

I usually buy 45 crates per season and I'm normally buying Crowns at discount times only.

I was actually having great luck with the dwarven crates that had the first radiant apex mounts - as I got 2 of them.
    But no such luck with the Reapers harvest crates then - i even didn't get a normal apex mount.
    (If it would have been possible to buy the Plague Husk Horse with gems then,
    im sure I would have bought enough crates to do that)

But without such an option I didn't want to push my luck (and my bank account).
    But the longer the "availability" of this mount was history I often thought I should at least have tried a few more crates.

The first time when Crates returned to the crown store I was hoping for the Reaper's Harvest Crates.
    But that took a long way till today.

When they made the Radiant Apex Mounts available thtough gems I began hoarding gems,
    for the return of the Reaper's harvest Crates.
    Hoping that it would be enough, I stopped hoarding when I had 1200 gems.

And today "Arrgh" I found out it is 2500.

But luckily I still had 20000 Crowns in reserve.

So I bought more Crates today.
    But I could only make it to 2490 Gems with these 60 crates.

And now I had to make an exception and buy some more not discounted Crowns.

And while opening the next 15 Crates I couldn't believe my luck

I actually got the Plaque Husk Horse in a Crate !!

[img][/img]2021-10-21-PHH.jpg

What a day.

So now Im sitting on 2500 gems waitng for something else bveing worth to spend them.

Congrats. It can be a lot harder. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/374682/the-tale-of-1000-crates-and-the-missing-plague-husk-horse

• Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭