The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

So what's going to be the BiS for PvE mag and stam DPS next patch?

CrashTest
CrashTest
✭✭✭✭✭
^ just wondering what the endgame meta is going to look like, so I can get a jump on farming before the patch drops.

Thanks
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been hearing bahsei/kinras for magicka a lot. For stam as well, it seems like a no brainer, but haven't heard anything specifically about what people would be running with bahsei... probably depends a lot on class.

If you don't already have death dealer's fete, def should farm that up. It is quite strong now, and parses close to the wading kilt, and is generally just useful for survivability, but with the crit cap, I'm unsure where things will stand. At least from the perspective of expecting high uptime on major force goes.

There is a lot to consider though, given the tremendous scope of these changes, so I'd expect it will take some time for 'the meta' to settle down fully for PvE, and for PvP its going to be wild ride.
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I understand this correctly.

The best sets of Mag and Stam... will still be the best sets, except where their purpose overlaps and we have to choose the stronger of them. So alot of us run Medusa for reasons. If MD set bonuses now apply for Stam then it would make sense for Medusa to actually replace certain Stam sets which were a work around for same bonuses (not quite the same).

This easily makes Medusa now one of the best sets in the game overall. And the proof of this is it was one of the absolute best sets to run for Magicka players, now that will transfer over to Stam players.

Which is going to be interesting because many players did that run just for the staves so now they'll have do it again for bows and daggers and such. An interesting side effect. This is also will kill variety, I should say the *existing* variety between sets because whichever set is stronger or perceived to be better will always win. So I figure this update you're looking at, of the sets used, at least half of them will become obsolete. It makes sense because a Stam person will go with Stam variety, mag does the same depending on similar purpose but now this reduces two separate choices made for their own reason, yet for same purpose, now down to one choice.

However I hope this doesn't go too far and fully bring down the lines between Mag and Stam. They are different in nature and are not intended to 'support' the same things. This would be very immersion breaking and players would no longer pay attention to differences between them. Just like how overland zone mobs/encounters have little immersion and virtually no progressive difficulty relative to the player makes them boring, forgettable and pointless to the actual story.
    Edited by Nagastani on October 23, 2021 8:17PM
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Medusa is any better than Tzogvin, especially for stam.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bahsei will probably stay for Magicka since it is a light set, and since critical damage cap is going to be introduced, the second set that you can use narrows down to two choice, first one is Kinras's Wrath and second one is Tzogvin's Warband set.

Well depending on your group buffs and other factors, you might just go with Kinras's Wrath set and you do not even need to use any skill that gives Minor Force since critical damage is going to be capped and with an optimized group it is very easy to reach.
  • ModernSilver1
    ModernSilver1
    Soul Shriven

I'd certainly argue the opposite. Since Tzogvin has the ability to be front bared and still carry over the minor force to the back bar, I feel like certain mag builds might look into utilizing it over Medusa. If I did the math correctly, then Tzogvins should get you more crit chance at max stacks. Medusa gives you 2,863 (657+657+657+892) while Tzogvins gives you 3,084 (177x10+657+657).
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Medusa is just one example but at some point next week I'll try to jump on PTS and see what they've done now lol

One of the selling points for Medusa has always been the 100% uptime for Minor Force. Although, I guess if you bar swap it doesn't stay active but I normally use a MD Destro Staff or Resto Staff if I use the set at all.

Then again for a Stam person they will probably want an arena weapon back bar'd, yet I normally do this for only PvP and 5/5/2 PvE.
    Edited by Nagastani on October 24, 2021 12:30AM
  • ZiggyTStardust
    ZiggyTStardust
    ✭✭✭
    I assume Single Target Stam will stay Rele/AY, unless one of the now critting proc sets actually manages to outpferform the not critting Relequen.

Mag might indeed be Bahsei/Tzogvin or Bahsei/Kinras, since only frontbarring Relequen can be tricky in aynthig but perfect situations (and you will lose some dps from not refreshing Rele while on the backbar.

Technically if the mag dd is using dw on the frontbar, they can also use Advancing Yokeda

It is of course also possible to see a proc set on magica, but I don't know how they will perform
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bahsei, Tzogvin's, Kinra's, Relequen, Medusa. Depending on your class there are some edge cases like Deadly Strike or War Maiden's on Templar, or the possible Frostbite on Warden. There's really not much diversity here, the changes mainly just phased out a couple sets for the better version from stam or mag for both. Monster helm sets are arguably in though, rather than doing 2 pieces of crit rate. Now that sets can crit again, some of them are worth running, not sure which ones though.
  • MECHA_STREISAND
    MECHA_STREISAND
    ✭✭✭
    Pillar of Nirn hits pretty hard and will be good for trash packs, for single target it's not too far off AY
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭
    Tzogvin will be used over Medusa for sure next patch. Alittle more crit plus penetration
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭
    Bahsei, Tzogvin's, Kinra's, Relequen, Medusa. Depending on your class there are some edge cases like Deadly Strike or War Maiden's on Templar, or the possible Frostbite on Warden. There's really not much diversity here, the changes mainly just phased out a couple sets for the better version from stam or mag for both. Monster helm sets are arguably in though, rather than doing 2 pieces of crit rate. Now that sets can crit again, some of them are worth running, not sure which ones though.

Theres alot of monster sets to use now and other DPS sets for both DPS Types like Yandir, Skoria, burning spellweave, Maw of Infernal, Domihaus, Ilambris, Kraghs, Stormfist, Balorgh ( great combo with Yandir ), Pillar of Nirn now, Widowmaker for DKs/Necros, Icy Conjuror especially for Wardens (can even combine it with Frostbite or Bahsei ), Vipers Sting, Aegis Caller and many more now.
    Edited by Bl4ckR3alm93 on October 24, 2021 1:00PM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are also good reasons to take the light armour version vs the medium armour version where sets are the "same". If you're looking for higher pen and sustain for example portals in vSS HM then you'll probably want 7 light where if you're looking at a pure burn like yolnah you'll no doubt want more medium.
    Don't forget, the other "minor force" option is just to run 5pc medium. Or kilt. That's your 10% crit damage.

here is some number crunching for you:

medusa gives you 2853 crit and 10% crit damage.
    kilt + 4pc medusa is 3221 crit and 10% crit damage.
    kilt + eagle eye is 3559 crit and 10% crit damage on your ranged DD abilities.

It's entirely up to you to decide which of these setups works best for your build and the content you're running. If you're already hitting crit damage cap then you probably would prefer to get rid minor force entirely, so maybe you're back to mothers sorrow.

EC is a dead set. unless it's sunspire and no one can run backstabber. Or maybe 8dps running NOT backstabber and one dps running EC is better? I don't know, we haven't had a chance to try it yet.

This update not only doubles everyones options when looking at the right set for the right content, but allows us to properly customise to the class, instead of just "as much crit and crit damage% as possible".

I think the crit damage cap is a very smart way to put a cap on end game power creep.
    I think 125% is exactly the right point to set it at.
    And I think khajiit should have their crit damage passive changed back to crit chance.
  • Rebiludo
    Rebiludo
    ✭✭✭
    1 EC > 8 backstabber :)
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nagastani wrote: »
    Which is going to be interesting because many players did that run just for the staves so now they'll have do it again for bows and daggers and such.

To be fair, with the inferno drop rate if you ran it for staves you've absolutely got all the rest of the gear already. :D
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    dont look for build advice on pts forums