The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can we have an ETA on the BG test end?

• precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I reinstalled this game is because I can do deathmatch again,
    Nogawd wrote: »
    Great, now do a test completely removing DM.
    Perhaps you missed the last 2 years or whatever it has been since they took out queuing options, 1 dm a day was pretty standard if you play for multiple hours.

The difference also is, in modes other than DM games are ruined by the fact when you put people in them that don't want to be there or strictly do objectives it does not work. This is not possible in deathmatch, what are you going to do go pretend you are running relics away from all the PvP, ok lol. The removal of queue options ruined ALL the modes for ALL players, taking objective games out improved the game for most of the people who do Bgs. I hope they come back but there NEEDS to be a death match specific queue, the solo queue (which btw does anyone even use it?) only should exist for DM anyway nobody cares that much about premades hardcore pugstom ownage pvping in chaosball or annex the resource, the only time anyone every said anything at all about chaosball was when [REDACTED] was exploiting in 9 out of 10 games.

I realize though nobody seriously wants DM taken out, unless you actually want to only play with the handful of other people who only like objectives and only really play casually or infrequently. When people could choose games how many people were so into those modes that everyone knew their names, it was like 3 to 5 people, meanwhile the "BG community" of people who know everyones names and style of play is almost entirely composed of people who prefer deathmatch. removing DM is removing BGs just like how removing the option to queue removed countless players/customers but worse, nobody wants that?
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Can we, for god's sake, stop fighting against each other, and just demand the ability to queue whatever game mode we'd like to play? It's so easy ZOS, just do it already.

Disagreement isn't fighting. Different points of view isn't fighting. Having an opinion that *seems* to be neutral like you are suggesting here isn't a superior intellectual stance. It's a forum for people to voice their thoughts.

I think he just means that we can keep saying we want and love dm, and the objective crowd can keep saying they want objectives and dislike dm, but ultimately that won't go anywhere.
    But if we all say "let us choose" it could get us somewhere.

That's not what we're saying. We're saying this test is fundamentally biased at the detriment to deathmatch queue players. The test should be extended for another patch or until the next DLC release.

Yes, I agree

the test was biased against players who want to play anything apart from DM, i.e:

DM only fans - you go what you want.
    Players that like both - lost 80% of all content in test.
    Players that like objective BG only - lost 80% of all content in test.
    new players that would like to try both - lost any chance of trying objective based content

Thats obviously not good, but the end result is how the test should have been - offer both in a menu.

You're overlooking the broader point DM players have been making. You all lost content for a couple weeks. We lost it for two years. The least you could do is validate those feelings and understand our frustration. But you won't.

Neither should lose anything, its not DM lovers versus the world (and vice versa) that aside I thought they were adding an option to select DM?

DM players choose DM because it's more engaging combat. Ya'll have 4 modes to pick from, we have one. DM players lost their only content for two years and ZOS hasn't indicated it's going to do anything else. They've basically taken an "L" on Cyrodill.

So, yea, we are kinda vs everyone. Most of us left for New World, and permanently unless we get newer and more content.

Not quite, DM players prefer DM because its more engaging for them. ESO is primarily a PVE game, so that means hybrid PVP content. The world isn't against you btw, its just you are in a game that does not match your expectations and where you are not part of the majority player type.

As for New world, that game is just starting to come out of its honeymoon period now. Unfortunately the game copied bits of eve online without the complex systems or understanding of the social dynamics, and has no PVE or stable economic model to speak of so there is a big crash coming if it has not already started. Pity, it looked promising for a while, but will need years of work by the devs if they want to enrich that game properly before the PVE and casual PVP players abandons it. Look out for signs of prices collapsing or factions amalgamating with the map becoming static and well controlled, i will bet my bottom dollar that's how it will go to start, then later the powerful become more powerful etc.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on October 26, 2021 11:08PM
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Can we, for god's sake, stop fighting against each other, and just demand the ability to queue whatever game mode we'd like to play? It's so easy ZOS, just do it already.

Disagreement isn't fighting. Different points of view isn't fighting. Having an opinion that *seems* to be neutral like you are suggesting here isn't a superior intellectual stance. It's a forum for people to voice their thoughts.

I think he just means that we can keep saying we want and love dm, and the objective crowd can keep saying they want objectives and dislike dm, but ultimately that won't go anywhere.
    But if we all say "let us choose" it could get us somewhere.

That's not what we're saying. We're saying this test is fundamentally biased at the detriment to deathmatch queue players. The test should be extended for another patch or until the next DLC release.

Yes, I agree

the test was biased against players who want to play anything apart from DM, i.e:

DM only fans - you go what you want.
    Players that like both - lost 80% of all content in test.
    Players that like objective BG only - lost 80% of all content in test.
    new players that would like to try both - lost any chance of trying objective based content

Thats obviously not good, but the end result is how the test should have been - offer both in a menu.

You're overlooking the broader point DM players have been making. You all lost content for a couple weeks. We lost it for two years. The least you could do is validate those feelings and understand our frustration. But you won't.

Neither should lose anything, its not DM lovers versus the world (and vice versa) that aside I thought they were adding an option to select DM?

DM players choose DM because it's more engaging combat. Ya'll have 4 modes to pick from, we have one. DM players lost their only content for two years and ZOS hasn't indicated it's going to do anything else. They've basically taken an "L" on Cyrodill.

So, yea, we are kinda vs everyone. Most of us left for New World, and permanently unless we get newer and more content.

Not quite, DM players prefer DM because its more engaging for them. ESO is primarily a PVE game, so that means hybrid PVP content. The world isn't against you btw, its just you are in a game that does not match your expectations and where you are not part of the majority player type.

As for New world, that game is just starting to come out of its honeymoon period now. Unfortunately the game copied bits of eve online without the complex systems or understanding of the social dynamics, and has no PVE or stable economic model to speak of so there is a big crash coming if it has not already started. Pity, it looked promising for a while, but will need years of work by the devs if they want to enrich that game properly before the PVE and casual PVP players abandons it. Look out for signs of prices collapsing or factions amalgamating with the map becoming static and well controlled, i will bet my bottom dollar that's how it will go to start, then later the powerful become more powerful etc.

k
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭

Have you ever thought that maybe a game in the scope of an MMO shouldn't all be tailored to you? If you don't like actual PvP, don't play PvP. The entitlement is mind blowing.

Maybe make PvP engaging for PvPers and if PvErs don't like it, then can just not play it. Trying to appease PvErs with all the changes to BGs is why the people who enjoy PvP quit the game and what killed several of my guilds.

Majority of my close friends and guilds are gone. I don't care anymore. ZOS, you really want to keep the dead Solo Queue around, evidenced by the fact that you hemorrhaged the hardcore BG population and didn't care. Honestly, just pull the band-aid off ZOS. Give us Solo & Group Specific Queues. Let the dead queues be dead. This is what I don't understand: If people don't wanna play a mode, why keep it alive artificially? Even if it turns out to be Deathmatch because all my friends and guilds are gone cuz of the garbage changes to the queue over the last two years, I'll just move on from the ESO and everyone left will be happy being able to queue for what they want to play.
    Edited by Magio_ on November 1, 2021 5:19PM
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »

Have you ever thought that maybe a game in the scope of an MMO shouldn't all be tailored to you? If you don't like actual PvP, don't play PvP. The entitlement is mind blowing.

Maybe make PvP engaging for PvPers and if PvErs don't like it, then can just not play it. Trying to appease PvErs with all the changes to BGs is why the people who enjoy PvP quit the game and what killed several of my guilds.

Majority of my close friends and guilds are gone. I don't care anymore. ZOS, you really want to keep the dead Solo Queue around, evidenced by the fact that you hemorrhaged the hardcore BG population and didn't care. Honestly, just pull the band-aid off ZOS. Give us Solo & Group Specific Queues. Let the dead queues be dead. This is what I don't understand: If people don't wanna play a mode, why keep it alive artificially? Even if it turns out to be Deathmatch because all my friends and guilds are gone cuz of the garbage changes to the queue over the last two years, I'll just move on from the ESO and everyone left will be happy being able to queue for what they want to play.

your 'The entitlement is mind blowing.' comment above is rude and ill informed.

[snip] I love pvp, and I like all BG formats including DM, I just don't want to be forced to do 1 format. You can happily select DM now, and others can queue for what they want. PVErs are more likely to enjoy a broader spectrum of BG, not just endless DM...just like the other established AAA mmorpgs. in any case you can now select only DM, what's the problem now?

[edited for rude/insulting comment]
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on November 1, 2021 6:52PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip] I love pvp, and I like all BG formats including DM, I just don't want to be forced to do 1 format. You can happily select DM now, and others can queue for what they want. PVErs are more likely to enjoy a broader spectrum of BG, not just endless DM...just like the other established AAA mmorpgs. in any case you can now select only DM, what's the problem now?

It's pretty much a fact at this point that the non DM queues are going to be dead very soon like it was the case long before. Pvp'ers don't really care whether eso is a pvp or pve focused. It's all about whether the game can give you an experience worth playing

In a month or so, the non dm queues will most certainly lead to frustration due to endless queue times.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's pretty much a fact at this point that the non DM queues are going to be dead very soon like it was the case long before. Pvp'ers don't really care whether eso is a pvp or pve focused. It's all about whether the game can give you an experience worth playing

In a month or so, the non dm queues will most certainly lead to frustration due to endless queue times.

There are no non-DM queues. The random mode queue includes DM and players selecting that queue can get paired with players selecting DM only. Thus, if there's very few players selecting random queue, they're just going to be put into DM matches to fill those out with players selecting the DM queue.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why people are upset about the new que options. The only difference is that there is a random option now. But really, those who DM only will still be able to play DM only. It seemed like at the end of the test people had adjusted and the population was fairly healthy for DM only ques. Those who wanted DM only are satisfied and never have to play objective modes again. Therefore, now they can continue to que for it and they will do it often. Whereas those who enjoy the objective modes seem to be maybe more casual PVP players and therefore, have less of a chance of getting an into an objective mode. So, really, it's honestly the objective mode players that will be shafted because there won't be enough people queuing for randoms. The lack of population wasn't because of the ques, but because of other issues we all know of. And to be fair, the solo DM que today didn't seem at all impacted. I managed to get into a DM match within seconds every time. Perhaps it's because of the new patch, but only time will tell.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on November 1, 2021 11:59PM
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most players right now care about story, farm new sets and do pve content especially they add option to farm sets and not waste time.