The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daily rewards calendar: end of month entry disabled

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I viewed the daily rewards calendar earlier today, and the end of month entry (Oct 31) is disabled, and mouse over gives me a message saying the month's rewards will be locked out before I can claim that reward (or something like that). Has anyone seen this, and what does it mean?
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means you missed claiming your reward one day this month, and how you can only get the first 30 rewards before they reset.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It means you missed claiming your reward one day this month, and how you can only get the first 30 rewards before they reset.
    Thanks, but does that mean I can't claim the Oct 31 reward? It's grayed out in the calendar.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes.
    Thanks. You get an "Awesome" for the reply, but it's anything but, really. What kind of messed up system removes a daily reward just because you forgot to claim a different one? I just noticed in the "Anyone else booted from server" thread that someone else mentioned it also, wondering if many of us will miss the 5,000 gold reward at the end of this month.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's dumb and antiquated. I log in every single day and somehow always miss one or two rewards (probably time of day is the factor).
    PC NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Yes.
    Thanks. You get an "Awesome" for the reply, but it's anything but, really. What kind of messed up system removes a daily reward just because you forgot to claim a different one? I just noticed in the "Anyone else booted from server" thread that someone else mentioned it also, wondering if many of us will miss the 5,000 gold reward at the end of this month.

The whole point is to motivate you to log in daily! But they have long put the best reward on the 21st day so you still get it if you miss a few. I try to keep an eye on the calendar even if I’m not playing as much (I tend to go through stages, cycles, whatever), I’ll still log in and maybe do a few writs so that I don’t miss something I really want. Occasionally I have, but such is life.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    It's dumb and antiquated. I log in every single day and somehow always miss one or two rewards (probably time of day is the factor).

It resets at midnight UCT every day--which is a pretty convenient time on the US East Coast and a little less so on the West Coast. YMMV.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It resets at midnight UCT every day--which is a pretty convenient time on the US East Coast and a little less so on the West Coast. YMMV.

This is an important point - depending on where you are in the world a 'day' in ESO may not line up with an actual day at your location.

For example if you're in New Zealand midnight UTC is 1pm, so if you log in on Monday evening and then again on Tuesday morning you won't get a 2nd login reward because as far as the game is concerned it's the same day. If you don't log in between 1pm on Tuesday and 1pm Wednesday you'll miss a day and won't get the final login reward that month.

As someone else said this is why they moved the 'big' reward from the end of the month to the end of the 3rd week, so you can miss several days and still get it. They used to cut the login rewards off completely before the end of a month but then people who could log in every day claimed they had no incentive to do so.

It's still annoying if you can't log in every day, especially when it's because of problems with the game, but at least you're 'only' missing 5,000 gold, something you can get another way.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep. Its nearly impossible to get them all, especially with the server maintenance days. Fortunately, its either alliance points or some other thing you can easily live without at the end of the month
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An update on this: I've claimed the daily reward every day this month, i.e. have not missed a single one, but I'm still getting the end-of-month 5,000 gold reward disabled with "The month will reset before you can claim this reward". The reward system needs FIXING.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    An update on this: I've claimed the daily reward every day this month, i.e. have not missed a single one, but I'm still getting the end-of-month 5,000 gold reward disabled with "The month will reset before you can claim this reward". The reward system needs FIXING.

If you login on Day 1 and Day 31, you will get first 2 rewards listed, not the 1st and 31st reward. The rewards do not correspond to specific days. They correspond to number of days you have logged in. The 10th reward in list is not the "December 10th reward". It is the reward for your 10th day of logging in, whether that occurs on December 10th or December 20th or December 30th or whatever.

You literally cannot "miss" a reward in middle of month. If you do not log in on the 14th day of month, you get the 14th reward on day 15 and day 31 reward gets grayed out.
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    TIP: the issue with the last reward occurs because the system doesn’t go entirely by days.

Here’s what I mean. There is a set time every day that the system will advance the reward availability and /or eliminate rewards I’m no longer able to get. For me, it’s six pm on the U.S. West coast (I think, I’ve stopped caring, lol). So on day #1 on the calendar, I can collect the first day reward at six pm…no earlier. Then at exactly midnight the calendar moves forward, potentially graying out a day if I haven’t nabbed day one. A six hour window to make a perfect score possible, no more.

On months with 31 days, I have from 6 pm to midnight to get the first reward. If I miss the window, reward #31 grays out. Yes, it’s stupid and they should fix it. But they won’t, so if you want to ensure you get the whole month’s reward table, on the first day of the month set an alert to nab that reward as soon as possible and for sure before midnight. Then unfortunately, to get the whole table you kind of have to do the same every single day…you can’t miss any of the windows between the game flipping the counter and midnight.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 26, 2021 7:27PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

If you login on Day 1 and Day 31, you will get first 2 rewards listed, not the 1st and 31st reward. The rewards do not correspond to specific days. They correspond to number of days you have logged in. The 10th reward in list is not the "December 10th reward". It is the reward for your 10th day of logging in, whether that occurs on December 10th or December 20th or December 30th or whatever.

You literally cannot "miss" a reward in middle of month. If you do not log in on the 14th day of month, you get the 14th reward on day 15 and day 31 reward gets grayed out.
    Well, as I said, I've claimed every reward so far this month, but day 31 is still grayed out. Why??
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 16, 2021 8:00PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <removed repost>
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 16, 2021 7:58PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In case anyone was unclear about my problem, here's 2 screendumps to illustrate it:

gHCfsFiToFpWM6V_Mpwo6vln6JyOjgsIBjq7ZWyDf7SgBa5F_u4q0JNVhNmZYjAywXYEAWUOu251Du6qYi6Lym3oKtdJvkWHs2PndERQnBgY24YFH1CvVtau5EcsChgEPM7pkOvSHg=w2400

I still don't see why the end-of-month reward is greyed out, can someone please explain why?
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 26, 2021 10:31PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these daily rewards actually rollover around 7-8 pm eastern US time (given the same time as the daily enlightenment, not when other dailies reset)

so "day 1" for december actually starts at around 7-8 pm eastern US on the last calendar day of november (its very weird)

i say 7-8 pm eastern US because it varies depending on if daylight savings is active or not

to help with not missing them, i use an addon that auto claims the daily reward when it is ready (not at my computer right now and dont remember the specific addon name, but something like "auto daily reward")
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    these daily rewards actually rollover around 7-8 pm eastern US time (given the same time as the daily enlightenment, not when other dailies reset)

so "day 1" for december actually starts at around 7-8 pm eastern US on the last calendar day of november (its very weird)

i say 7-8 pm eastern US because it varies depending on if daylight savings is active or not

to help with not missing them, i use an addon that auto claims the daily reward when it is ready (not at my computer right now and dont remember the specific addon name, but something like "auto daily reward")
    Thanks for the reply. I understand when the rewards become available (it's actually midnight UTC/GMT), but as my screendumps show, I haven't missed any.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the reply. I understand when the rewards become available (it's actually midnight UTC/GMT), but as my screendumps show, I haven't missed any.

Today is 16th day of December but you only show 15 rewards collected. So you do seem to have missed a day. Which means max days you can log in during December is 30 days. So 31st reward of month is grayed out.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Today is 16th day of December but you only show 15 rewards collected. So you do seem to have missed a day. Which means max days you can log in during December is 30 days. So 31st reward of month is grayed out.
    My timezone is GMT+11 (Australia/Melbourne), so my 16th reward only became available 20 minutes ago. I've collected all the rewards this month, haven't missed a single day.
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 17, 2021 12:20AM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My timezone is GMT+11 (Australia/Melbourne), so my 16th reward only became available 20 minutes ago. I've collected all the rewards this month, haven't missed a single day.

Your local time does not matter. Only UTC time. Right now it is December 17th in UTC. The 17th reward of month became available 20 minutes ago for everyone, regardless of their local time zone. If you have only collected 16 rewards you missed a day somewhere, somehow. Maybe the game bugged out and you have a legit complaint. But your screenshot is entirely consistent with having missed a day, thus making the 31st reward unavailable.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your local time does not matter. Only UTC time. Right now it is December 17th in UTC. The 17th reward of month became available 20 minutes ago for everyone, regardless of their local time zone. If you have only collected 16 rewards you missed a day somewhere, somehow. Maybe the game bugged out and you have a legit complaint. But your screenshot is entirely consistent with having missed a day, thus making the 31st reward unavailable.
    Except I didn't miss a day, which is what's so frustrating about this problem. Anyway, thanks to all for the replies, much appreciated.
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 17, 2021 12:50AM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now the last 2 entries for the month are disabled, and I still haven't missed claiming a reward for any day this month. Something's wrong with the system. @ZOS_Kevin , any idea what could be causing this?
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've missed two daily gifts this month but 3 are greyed out for me. PSN/EU GMT timezone.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now the last 3 entries for the month are disabled, and I've still claimed every reward so far this month.
  • risfi
    risfi
    ✭✭
    If you claim a reward every day, but the end of the month rewards are getting greyed out, that would mean that you got to claim some of the earlier ones several times. That would be the only way to claim 25 rewards by December 25th and still have disabled rewards.

Did you try tracking which ones these were? Maybe a particular one glitches for you and if you let the support know it would be easier for them to check.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just claimed today's reward, and then checked the rewards calendar: now the last 4 entries for the month are disabled. What's going on?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 29, 2021 5:16AM
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on your timezone, you miss out a whole UTC-Day, if you stand up 1h or 2h later on weekend.
    4 weekends, 4 missed out rewards.

For example during the german summertime the daily reset is at 8 o'clock local time. If you claim your rewards every morning, your are at work/school/uni/road at 8 already. So you do on Friday. But if you sleep until 8-9 at Saturday, you missed out the whole UTC "Friday". Players from other timezones mentioned other constellations already.

Check your rewards twice a day. Everyday.
    Edited by votan73 on December 29, 2021 10:18AM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »
    Depending on your timezone, you miss out a whole UTC-Day, if you stand up 1h or 2h later on weekend.

For example during the german summertime the daily reset is at 8 o'clock local time. If you claim your rewards every morning, your are at work/school/uni/road at 8 already. So you do on Friday. But if you sleep until 8-9 at Saturday, you missed out the whole UTC "Friday". Players from other timezones mentioned other constellations already.

I've been working from home for months, and on annual leave recently. I've claimed every single reward so far this month, always shortly after 1100, which is when each daily reward becomes available in my timezone (GMT + 11).
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    I do work from home, too. I did not miss any reward. I claim my rewards a few hours before server go down for maintenance on monday.

hmm, how much maintenance windows did we have this month? 4?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »

I've been working from home for months, and on annual leave recently. I've claimed every single reward so far this month, always shortly after 1100, which is when each daily reward becomes available in my timezone (GMT + 11).

My suggestion is that for January, take screenshot or video every day when claiming reward. Make sure date/time is visible on screen. There is no single screenshot to prove anything. You would need a screenshot on one day showing all available rewards collected and nothing grayed out at end of month. Then a second screenshot, exactly 24 hours later, showing all available rewards collected yet something now grayed out at end. You will then have evidence of exactly what you collected each day and exactly what day the problem first arose.