The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Bahsei's Mania seems... unusual

spacefracking
spacefracking
✭✭✭✭
Given that most mag builds are using, and spending a lot of time learning to use, bahsei's mania in PvE content, it seems pretty wild that this will still proc based on magicka for stam builds.

Shouldn't this just be 'based on your missing stamina/magicka, whichever is higher', given the hybrid intent of this patch?

Just doesn't make any sense as currently written, and dealing with the like....a month? two months? on live where stam is pulling 20% higher dps or something than mag in PvE, before its nerfed, sounds like a pretty bad experience overall.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just doesn't make any sense as currently written, and dealing with the like....a month? two months? on live where stam is pulling 20% higher dps or something than mag in PvE, before its nerfed, sounds like a pretty bad experience overall.

Hybridization. Mag and stam are out-dated concepts.

• spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Hybridization. Mag and stam are out-dated concepts.

Lol, let me know when I can roll dodge and break free with mag, and I'm all in.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somehow I don't think that Bahsei will ever become meta for medium armor builds. There are better choices that don't require as much additional effort to maintain the buff.

Stamina DK might use it because of the magicka spammable to dump their magicka pool, but most others will not be able to dump magicka without spending precious global cool downs dumping magicka to keep the pool low.
    Playing since beta...
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that most mag builds are using, and spending a lot of time learning to use, bahsei's mania in PvE content, it seems pretty wild that this will still proc based on magicka for stam builds.

Shouldn't this just be 'based on your missing stamina/magicka, whichever is higher', given the hybrid intent of this patch?

It's going to be great on a stamDK that can just slot eruption and toggle on a magicka drain that also happens to do a reasonable amount of damage. No need to constantly refresh a skill (or rarely, anyway) to keep magicka below 50%, no worry about running out of your primary resource to keep Bahsei's damage buff high. And it should be pretty decent on a number of other stam classes too if they can just dump magicka into a buff skull as required. Please don't change it!

(And stam *should* be hitting significantly harder than mag on the dummy, because they have constraints like having to move out of range etc. They won't be outperforming magicka in actual content, in fact the reverse is true and has been for ages.)
    Edited by ajkb78 on October 19, 2021 2:17PM
  • MECHA_STREISAND
    MECHA_STREISAND
    ✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    Somehow I don't think that Bahsei will ever become meta for medium armor builds. There are better choices that don't require as much additional effort to maintain the buff.

Stamina DK might use it because of the magicka spammable to dump their magicka pool, but most others will not be able to dump magicka without spending precious global cool downs dumping magicka to keep the pool low.

It's pretty much useless for Stam DK, because of the Battle Roar passive - when you need the buff most (i.e. after dropping ultimate) your mag pool will be full again, so you have to waste time dumping mag when you should be doing damage.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's pretty much useless for Stam DK, because of the Battle Roar passive - when you need the buff most (i.e. after dropping ultimate) your mag pool will be full again, so you have to waste time dumping mag when you should be doing damage.

What if..

What if you don't take passive then?
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭

Exactly what I was thinking especially after the Battle Roar buff which will give u resources based on what you consumed rather then the Ultimate cost. Bahsei wont really be used on a DK in general now especially with a Balorgh combo will make your damage output weaker unless you dump really fast right after use. Still love the new DK changes tho 😁
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

What if..

What if you don't take passive then?

True that is an option. Can even use a armory slot to build one without battle roar active
  • MECHA_STREISAND
    MECHA_STREISAND
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth a try I guess! Might get tricky on execute if you're using 2H but an interesting idea..