The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armory Clarification

rageofodin
rageofodin
✭✭✭
Ive read that the Armory Assistant cannot be used in any aspect of the game that has a timer, meaning Vet content

Does this mean the Assistant cannot even be summoned in Vet content? Or if summoned it negates the timer aspect for leaderboards?

Can someone be specific and state when and where the Armory Assistant CANNOT be summoned?
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my confusion comes from the term "timed leaderboard activities"
    Vet Dungeons are timed (achievements) but there is no leaderboard, so can the armoy dude be summoned there?

Other than that i believe they want you to make the choice before heading into something, its not meant as "alphagear" oder "dressingroom" replacement...
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Timed leaderboard ONLY. So you know how the timer starts once you go from the grouping area into the trial itself. From that point onward, once the timer starts, you can not summon him.

You can summon him in the grouping area before you open the door but once the door has been opened and the timer starts he can not be summoned again until you abandon the trial by leaving the instance.

Vet dungeons, normal trials and dungeons he can be summoned at will.
  • BlackRoseWaltz
    this wasn't an issue before and its a rather frustrating mechanic when you merely want to complete the run and aren't looking to be ranked or scored on a leaderboard. i wish there was an option to opt in or out of being scored or not on these types of things - some of us are just trying to get used to the mechanics or clear the dungeon for set pieces or cosmetics and don't give a flying fadoodle about being "the best" at it or even making it on a ranked board, so i feel like being limited in this regard is just an unnecessary annoyance for those of us merely wanting to do the content without being ranked or timed on it. there's some particularly frustrating parts of certain dungeons that i have certain gear setups for that i'd love to be able to swap to mid run that work better for that fight but fall off later which i have another build for - but being unable to summon the armorer in these instances "due to leaderboard events" (i didn't ask to be scored, i'm not here for that?) makes me just not want to do this kind of content at all. which is a shame because a lot of it is rather fun, but i don't want to feel forced into specific setups - which takes a lot more time to acquire pieces and test abilities and whatnot for - time i simply dont have to grind a trial for gear that is better suited for... another trial i'm trying to complete. kind of defeats the purpose imo when for me an easier solution would be to simply swap gear. i don't care if this disqualifies me from the "leaderboards" i didn't ask to be a part of them - i asked to merely complete the content so i can get what i came for and move on.
    Whatever it is, I want it painted black.
  • BlackRoseWaltz
    Tigertron wrote: »
    Timed leaderboard ONLY. So you know how the timer starts once you go from the grouping area into the trial itself. From that point onward, once the timer starts, you can not summon him.

You can summon him in the grouping area before you open the door but once the door has been opened and the timer starts he can not be summoned again until you abandon the trial by leaving the instance.

Vet dungeons, normal trials and dungeons he can be summoned at will.

like is there a way to opt out of timed leaderboard events? i dont mind that a trial is timed for specific achievements, but if leaderboard is what prevents me from swapping gear - then i'd rather not participate in said leaderboard if possible. and if its not possible - i'd like to raise a request to make it possible. "play how you want" is supposed to be the game's motto, afterall - being able to be versatile even if i'm not "the best" is the way i want to play. *why can't i, then?*
    Whatever it is, I want it painted black.