The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Water's Edge feedback

Raideen
Raideen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Perfect. Absolutely perfect!
The outside matches the inside.
The colors are spot on.
The layout lends itself to a solid interior decor.
The atmosphere dead on.
The patio view is breathtaking.

11/10 Well done!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have it but, I have seen it and I think it is lovely.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I don't have it but, I have seen it and I think it is lovely.

I don't have it either. I just came back to the game. My GF and I toured it today, we were both mega impressed (I have been very critical of housing in the past).

The only downside, and this is not a flaw in the game, but rather we have a rule that only one person can own a specific home (we wish there was co-ownership of homes for equal ability to decorate out of our inventories). But because of our rule, I'd prefer for her to own the home. She has always been heavy into imperial stuff, she loves the imperial aesthetic (especially the newer aesthetic) and it would be a rotten and dirty thing for me to buy the home. But man, it looks like a heck of a fun place to decorate. I can't wait to see how she decorates the home once we are able to purchase it (need to unlock and save the gold).
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this one accessible by those of us on console? I haven’t heard anything about it yet.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this one accessible by those of us on console? I haven’t heard anything about it yet.

I can't say Katanagirl1. I am on PC NA and this house is inside the main city of Layawiin in Blackwood. I just came back to the game, but I think this house is a standard part of the Blackwood chapter. I would imagine all platforms should have access to it.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is. Water's Edge is the house we can buy with gold after completing the main chapter this year. If I'm not mistaken, you can buy it with crown even if you don't own the chapter (or if you want to buy it furnished).

Water's Edge is located near the castle in Leyawiin.
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    Its a nice little house. A little cramped, but workable. Wish there was a larger deck on the 2nd/3rd level exterior.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, honestly, it's pretty great!

It's a smaller house, but has a 600 slot limit, so finally it feels like we have a reasonable item limit per room!!! Though ofc people can and still will run out of slots if they really push it, but at least a lot of reasonable decoration is possible (unlike Notables which are often 3 times as large but only have 100 more slots than Water's Edge, lol :lol:).

I also think the two buildings are quite versatile, you can create a house and a workshop, a merchant's building and a merchant's home next door, a set of two independent houses, or even a larger connected house (which is what I did, by simply creating a covered corridor that serves as the go-between between the two 'wings' of the home).

Maybe they are decorated in totally different styles, with grumpy neighbours who are arch-enemies and always fight over the balcony? Maybe it's the house of an extended family, who blocked off one of the doors to keep the lower terrace all to themselves, setting up their grandmother to live in the upper duplex with a tiny balcony for privacy? Your imaginations's the limit :smiley: (and slots of course, but really they aren't that bad for the size)!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

It is. Water's Edge is the house we can buy with gold after completing the main chapter this year. If I'm not mistaken, you can buy it with crown even if you don't own the chapter (or if you want to buy it furnished).

Ugh, I have to facepalm now about this post. I totally forgot which house this is and I have actually previewed it already.

I guess it just didn’t make an impression on me and I totally missed the part about the thread getting bumped.

Sorry about that. Nothing to see here, please move along...lol
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ugh, I have to facepalm now about this post. I totally forgot which house this is and I have actually previewed it already.

I guess it just didn’t make an impression on me and I totally missed the part about the thread getting bumped.

LOL, its not bumped, I created this 2 days ago :lol:
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

LOL, its not bumped, I created this 2 days ago :lol:

Ah, I see.

I read these late at night sometimes so I’m not always at my best and I get easily distracted, and sometimes don’t pay attention to detail.

Glad to hear this house works so well for you.
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a beautiful and creative home. Lovely design, layout and balcony. Fantastic location. Love it ❤️
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a beautiful and creative home. Lovely design, layout and balcony. Fantastic location. Love it ❤️

ya, it really is nice. Its one of my favorite.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This year we got Water's Edge and then Sweetwater Cascade. The confusion is absolutely justified. In fact, I had to look it up and just posted because I thought that you - like me - were confused about which one the thread is talking about. ;)
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This year we got Water's Edge and then Sweetwater Cascade. The confusion is absolutely justified. In fact, I had to look it up and just posted because I thought that you - like me - were confused about which one the thread is talking about. ;)

An easy way to remember which is which is that the Cascades home has waterfalls whereas the other is only on the water.