The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game Breaking Bug

• Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should also like to point out that the initial assesment of it being only Khajiit Nightblades wasn't accurate. It's any race and any class. Here's my magsorc brutalising a guard. (altmer magsorc)
    unknown.png
    Imagine getting hit by that in PvP? :smiley:

Under no circumstance can this, or any part of this, hit Live.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    Should also like to point out that the initial assesment of it being only Khajiit Nightblades wasn't accurate. It's any race and any class. Here's my magsorc brutalising a guard. (altmer magsorc)
    unknown.png
    Imagine getting hit by that in PvP? :smiley:

Under no circumstance can this, or any part of this, hit Live.

Walks up to a keep
    One shots the entire building and its inhabitants
    Refuses to elaborate further
    Leaves
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @WombatNipples65 (did I really just type that?), we're aware and working on getting this fixed before the update goes live.

AyyyLmao.jpg
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if you can stack like 1,000,000,000 health to survive through certain areas with environmental damage :open_mouth:
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just give me one hour of this in primetime PvP. :D

V8OvKtT.gif
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on Screenshots and your report of class/race etc. - I'm assuming you're able to recreate this bug in many scenarios?
    Edited by Jameson18 on October 13, 2021 4:22PM
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    So went onto PTS this evening and just so happened to find a bug where you can just stack stats on stats, please see screenshots below. I'm conscious not to share how to do it, but just want to get it known so that it can be fixed before live:

3nqaemj83plr.png
    t8df03wz672w.png

Can provide more images if needed. Managed to replicate it after logging back out, have some idea what's involved but granted probably things I don't know.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

EDIT: Managed to get the health to over 10m, with 40m ticks of healing, and a 1m TT on Crimson. Its not fake stats, can't upload screenshots as they are too large.

Watch out releasing those bugs/exploits.

They banned lot of people for simply pointing them out with tickets or else.

Imagine the stupidity behind this game, banning people for helping them fixing their trash buggy game.

Happened to a friend, so that's why I may sound upset...
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    Based on Screenshots and your report of class/race etc. - I'm assuming you're able to recreate this bug in many scenarios?
    It's very easy to replicate. At first it was described as needing a build saved with the Armory system, then adding Dark Cloak. Initial assumptions were maybe Nightblade passive for having a Shadow ability slotted, or being Khajiit (incorrect), or both combined. But after a few (a long few) hours of testing, none of those were accurate. It's actually a very simple process that can be done on any character (regardless of class or race).
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised increasing status values that high didn’t trigger some type of anti-cheat response from the server. I would think the devs would have put one in place that activated once a character’s status values went past the theoretical maximums.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Watch out releasing those bugs/exploits.

They banned lot of people for simply pointing them out with tickets or else.
    If anyone gets banned for something on the PTS, ZOS needs to really consider what the PTS is actually for if not to test stuff and report it. I won't go into why people might get banned on Live, though. That's a ToS issue.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ts6sewylni3p.png
    Why do you want to fix it? How is it a game breaking bug?

The you can stack your resources as high as you want, is just broken. I got bored later on in the night and ended up doing a dummy parse will 11million DPS on the 21million dummy.

power creep getting crazy in this game :tongue:
  • DerpyBossGamer
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    It's very easy to replicate. At first it was described as needing a build saved with the Armory system, then adding Dark Cloak. Initial assumptions were maybe Nightblade passive for having a Shadow ability slotted, or being Khajiit (incorrect), or both combined. But after a few (a long few) hours of testing, none of those were accurate. It's actually a very simple process that can be done on any character (regardless of class or race).

So does this bug have to do with the armory system? I understand not wanting to make it common knowledge, but I'd like to at least try it out once on the pts before it is patched and I am wondering how easy it is to stumble across.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Gina has already confirmed that they know and fix the bug, I have a bigger problem with such values being accepted at all.

That an error leads to something like this is one thing, but that the values themselves do not immediately trigger an alarm on the server is another.
    In my opinion there must be an upper limit and a check on it, because otherwise a hacker can certainly generate such values in another way.
    I really wonder how many players are already using increased values (by whatever means) - if such obvious fantasy values are possible.
    Edited by Zabagad on October 14, 2021 7:49AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zabagad wrote: »
    That an error leads to something like this is one thing, but that the values themselves do not immediately trigger an alarm on the server is another.
    In my opinion there must be an upper limit and a check on it, because otherwise a hacker can certainly generate such values in another way.
    I really wonder how many players are already using increased values (by whatever means) - if such obvious fantasy values are possible.
    Maybe having too high stats should trigger something to prevent bugs like this, however, it is worth noting that all the numbers used for combat calculations are only 'real' on the server-side, which is why you don't see hackers with crazy high stats.

You cannot modify the client to make you deal more damage, as the server controls how much damage you do. In theory, you could set your magicka to any number you want by changing the value where your magicka is stored in RAM, but it wouldn't matter, as you need the server to think you have that much magicka, which is what is happening here. Your client never tells the server how much magicka or spell damage or whatever you have, the server tells your client that.

The server should, and probably does, only accept inputs from your client, of things like character position or requests for information, sometimes these can be modified externally which is where issues arrise. However, the server should be never listening to your client for things like stat or damage information, only user inputs.

So I don't think players are using increased values on a regular basis, only when bugs like this appear, because you need to trick the server into giving you those stats not just modify your client.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on October 14, 2021 10:04AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    but it wouldn't matter, as you need the server to think you have that much magicka, which is what is happening here.
    I wasn't aware of that fact - but that is good to hear :)

Edited by Zabagad on October 14, 2021 10:23AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep it in, people won't have such an issue with Dark Convergence with this around.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few years ago, some guy "cheated" his health up to a million points or so for testing reasons - on the live server. This was really working (as in accepted by the server as a valid value) and did not trigger anti-cheat mechanisms. As of today, this might be different, I don't know. The live servers might detect such unrealistic numbers, while the PTS might not.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread has become comedy gold! Love it < 3
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MasterPleb wrote: »
    Thanks @WombatNipples65 (did I really just type that?), we're aware and working on getting this fixed before the update goes live.

Its very funny to see, these types of names are allowed, but a couple of my guildies were banned for way less offensive names (in this case, his name was sometwatonline, oh no so offensive :O ) and yet, you allow the name "Wombat ***"?
    This has to be a joke @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please be consistent with your punishments / treatment of your customers. Its almost everyday I see people with offensive character names, account names and nothing is done about it.

Sincerely, Rootmender Inky.

How does one get offended by wombat nimbles lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTa0WhIs8Bojbfw5SIOkEk4UqXO6qsoJwN2Tw&usqp=CAU

Hmm i dont, im fine with it. But why does the forums censor it though? What is offensive about sometwatonline? its not refering to somebody else, its refering to him. why didnt my guildie had a chance to change his character name? it was an instaban with no appeal possible. tell me whats different between my friends name and wombat ***? why are some people benefitinmg while others cant even ask for help in the support section.

This is the kind of things that will ultimately break your game. shame too, this game is awesome. but customer support is utter trash. I just want my friend to be unbanned and treated fairly, is it too much to ask?? He already stated to Support that he wants to change his name, they never told him / let him do it. Why? Other people have been told to change their username/character name, but not him. Ah, also? First "offense" too. Can someone explain this?

if you can't see how *** is a more offensive word than *** than i feel very sorry for you

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, apparently he doesn't know/understand the meaning of the T word. To put it simply, one can be shown on TV, the other can't, and carries negative connotations to boot. ;)