The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

2500 gems? What?!

• Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Shall they sell absolutely nothing in the store until people could have enough endeavours or what?

So you admit that you didn't read what I said:
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    ...Until the item can be afforded via the most difficult to obtain currency (endeavors) it should be displayed in the store until it can be bought. Then maybe a week later they can take it down.

Example: So if a player earned every possible seal since endeavors began, and they just saved up 16,000 seals--1 week after that 16,000 could possibly be earned--is when they should remove the item from the store...

They should keep the items that people cannot yet afford, in store, until 1 week after the day that anyone can afford it. Let's say the soonest date that anyone could possibly earn 16,000 seals is January-February. Anything that costs that much should be in the store until 1 week after that day.

(sarcasm)
    Otherwise they should do the same thing to Event tickets, just make it to where the events last only 4 days, and you can only earn 1 ticket a day, and all fragments will cost 5 tickets. You will forever not be able to get the fragments in time. (/sarcasm)
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you admit that you didn't read what I said:
    Well it seems you didn't read mine either in that case.
    ...Until the item can be afforded via the most difficult to obtain currency (endeavors) it should be displayed in the store until it can be bought. Then maybe a week later they can take it down.

Example: So if a player earned every possible seal since endeavors began, and they just saved up 16,000 seals--1 week after that 16,000 could possibly be earned--is when they should remove the item from the store...

They should keep the items that people cannot yet afford, in store, until 1 week after the day that anyone can afford it. Let's say the soonest date that anyone could possibly earn 16,000 seals is January-February. Anything that costs that much should be in the store until 1 week after that day.
    I'm not sure if I'm having a massive brainfart, or if you're being bad at explaining this. So, after reading this several times, are you suggesting everything in the store should be in there, with no limited times, until a time where everyone could've enough seals to purchase the most expensive items? That would either require we'd get a lot more seals, things such as crate seasons last for much longer, or the crown store gets vastly expanded with more items.

(sarcasm)
    Otherwise they should do the same thing to Event tickets, just make it to where the events last only 4 days, and you can only earn 1 ticket a day, and all fragments will cost 5 tickets. You will forever not be able to get the fragments in time. (/sarcasm)
    You're supposed to buy 1-2 fragments per event, which you always get enough tickets for. Yes, sucks for people who have missed events, but people even complain when they're given more tickets than they can spend.

I'm only snapping back because you said "no" as to defend those actions and be ok with that, or to disagree that isn't what was happening.
    Also, I've defended no such thing. Do I like the limited items? No of course not, I doubt anyone does. There are several things I'd wish I could get whenever I had the spare crowns or whatever. But this is what we have and it's unlikely to change, and I never saw the seals as some thing to get an radiant mount (don't even want them) regularly.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on October 7, 2021 3:15PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I'm having a massive brainfart, or if you're being bad at explaining this. So, after reading this several times, are you suggesting everything in the store should be in there, with no limited times, until a time where everyone could've enough seals to purchase the most expensive items? That would either require we'd get a lot more seals, things such as crate seasons last for much longer, or the crown store gets vastly expanded with more items.
    [snip] I just said that if something costs 16,000 seals and it's advertised for that many--the only way one could EVER get it is to already have 16,000 seals.

June: Endeavor seals launch. 16,000 seals for Black Forge Iron Senche June 17th.
    September 23rd: Iron Atronach crates are gone.

Could anyone have earned 16,000 seals within that time? NO.
    Will Iron Atronach crates return within a year? Maybe?
    Have ZoS taken over 1-2 years for crates to return? YES.
    Does that mean the advertised Black Forge Iron Senche was a lie to be "possible to purchase" via Endeavor Seals when it was listed? YES.

What part do you not understand about this?

You're supposed to buy 1-2 fragments per event, which you always get enough tickets for. Yes, sucks for people who have missed events, but people even complain when they're given more tickets than they can spend.

Also, I've defended no such thing. Do I like the limited items? No of course not, I doubt anyone does. There are several things I'd wish I could get whenever I had the spare crowns or whatever. But this is what we have and it's unlikely to change, and I never saw the seals as some thing to get an radiant mount (don't even want them) regularly.

So you didn't get that I was sarcastically stating: If you enjoy having the opportunity to "farm" enough tickets during events to get fragments, then you should be ok with Endeavor seal purchases being listed in the "Endeavors Store" until one could even earn those items. Otherwise, you would prefer the alternative--To earn less tickets per event, and forever be behind in collecting the fragments.

[snip]
    Their endeavor seals system is not up to par with their ticket/fragments farming/grinding system currently.

I'm not even arguing that 16,000 seals is too much! I'm arguing that they need to keep those items in the endeavor store longer if they plan to put the seals-price that high.

And as I stated: this is strictly until someone could even earn 16,000 seals! January-February 2022? IDK! [snip]. Whatever. But what I am saying is that until that day arrives, it's a lie.

Once that date arrives, we won't have this issue ever again! It's just that their transition to implement Endeavor seals, they are screwing this up royally.

[edited for bashing & rude/insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 10, 2021 12:57PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I'm just gonna leave this conversation. Not worth it.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 10, 2021 12:57PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    The solution is to stop buying things. You have to vote with your dollars.

I agree here, more and more people complain about the prices of mounts, houses, furniture packs, whatever and yet little by little they seem to creep up, the only reason is enough people buy them for it to be worth it.

If zero people bought the next (example) 5 houses priced at 18k crowns it should (not necessarily would) sink in that prices need to come down a bit.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Why are all thease cosmetics not unlockable in game ?
    Every time you see somone on a nice mount you know they had to pay for it and not earn it.

Sadly this seems to happen in every game with a shop, at least those I've played/looked into. WoW and SWTOR both started reasonable and then soon every item was purchase only leaving very little reason to actually "PLAY" the game.

Early in WOW i would (sadly) spend hours farming pets and mounts, Stratholme for that damned horse a million times, and when the 1 time the Onyxia mount dropped for my guild i I got it it was a huge and happy day and random people from then on would see my with it and congratulate me years after.

Now you see those rare and special mounts as said above and it's more just "ehhh, anyone can buy that".