The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Well, this is interesting...

jrwheeler001
jrwheeler001
Soul Shriven
I recently tried to purchase crowns using PayPal (Sept 30). When the interface brought me back to Zenimax app from PayPal, there was an error showing and I was unable to proceed. From my perspective the transaction did not finish and I did not receive the crowns so I bought crowns using a different payment method (credit card). Curious to see what had happened on the PayPal side, assuming it was my credit card I logged in to the financial institution and saw that a payment had been posted from PayPal. I now appeared to have the situation where PayPal had debited my card but I had not received crowns so I did the logical action of submitting a ticket with PayPal. The email I received from them indicated that they were reaching out to Zenimax. The next day when I log into my ESO account, I see that I have crowns from the PayPal transaction so I assume the matter was resolved between Zenimax and PayPal. Fast-forward 10 days... Apparently PayPal did not receive any response back from Zenimax, so after a 10 day wait they resolve the matter on their end by giving me a refund, which means they did a chargeback to Zenimax. Being unaware of this action, I am checking my email on Oct 12 and I have one from Bethesda informing me that they are sorry to hear that my ESO Plus subscription had been cancelled and that I would continue to be able to play until the paid for period had ended. Since I did not cancel and I am in the middle of the period (I paid for a yearly renewal) I am confused by this and try to log in to the online account to see what is going on. On attempting to log in I find that my account has been suspended and I cannot log in. So now I really think that my account is hacked. I submit a ticket asking what is going on and the next day, Oct 13, I receive one explaining that there was a chargeback from my financial institution and that I need to reverse the chargeback in order to reactivate my account. I then start checking my different financial institutions that I have used and finally check PayPal and there is the refund. I reach out to PayPal and they inform me that they cannot reverse a refund. This means that I am now in a position where I am suspended from my ESO account until I reverse the chargeback and PayPal is unable to reverse the chargeback. Hilarious. I have submitted multiple tickets to Zenimax asking for some way to pay for the crowns so that I can re-activate my account, but there has been no response to those yet. I guess the takeaway is don't use PayPal to buy things from ESO, don't buy things from ESO, or both. I am now into my second day of missing the daily rewards when I do not recall having missed one day prior to this since the daily rewards began. My userid in ESO was changed and it is now <snip>. If you could change the forum userid to match that would be helpful. I will add a question here at the end, since this is a question. Help?

[Edit to remove personal information]
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 14, 2021 6:01PM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you have not been hacked, ZOS has banned your account due to the charge back, you will need to send a ticket and try to ge the situation resolved. ZOS auto bans on charge backs
  • jrwheeler001
    jrwheeler001
    Soul Shriven
    As I indicated in my story, I realized I was not hacked. And I have submitted multiple tickets. So...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @jrwheeler001

We've sent you a forum PM to further follow-up with you regarding this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post