The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PSA regarding Plaguebreak

Noszet
Noszet
✭✭✭
The explosion now also occurs when you kill a target affect by it, instead of purging-only (Works against NPCs too).
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it’s an Inevitable Detonation that can be applied to a new target every second, simply by doing damage, and is 100% guaranteed to go off once applied.

So if you are affected, you either have to get away to a safe spot to cleanse, or you have to have enough incoming healing to outheal not only this damage, but also all other incoming damage.

I’m sure this set will not be problematic at all. /s
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    So it’s an Inevitable Detonation that can be applied to a new target every second, simply by doing damage, and is 100% guaranteed to go off once applied.

So if you are affected, you either have to get away to a safe spot to cleanse, or you have to have enough incoming healing to outheal not only this damage, but also all other incoming damage.

I’m sure this set will not be problematic at all. /s

Plaguebreak:
    • This set now has a 2 second delay before it starts dealing damage and ticks every 2 seconds rather than every second.
    • Increased the damage per tick by approximately 82%, resulting in an approximate 18% loss in damage over its total duration.
    • Reduced the damage of the explosion by approximately 52%, but increased the scaling per target to 50%, up from 10%.
    • This set now properly fires its explosion when the target dies while under the effect of the Damage over Time

Base damage was nerfed, it's probably a 5-7k tooltip before Battlespirit now. Vicious Death by comparison has a 20k + tooltip and can now crit. Both punish stacking, so don't and you'll be perfectly fine.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another useless set now! ~5k tool tip before battle spirit (2.5k) in pvp, and this damage is only done if the target purges. Hahaha the damage is going to be less than one tick of regeneration. Wow.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    Another useless set now! ~5k tool tip before battle spirit (2.5k) in pvp, and this damage is only done if the target purges. Hahaha the damage is going to be less than one tick of regeneration. Wow.

If my initial reaction indeed proves wrong and this set is completely useless, then I say "Good Riddance!!! It shan't be missed!"
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭

Fully buffed I have over 15k tooltip on live right now, but yeah in pvp i never got hit by it more than 5-6k.

Unsleshed terror which was heavy nerfed is hitting me more than plaguebreak at high mmr bgs xD and before the nerf was 20k recaps of it.

They are just balancing with feet as usual, nothing new from ZOS, they don't play PvP, how do you expect they release good set and make good adjustments, it's impossible.

It's so obvious when they release sets like unleashed terror, crimson, dark convergence, hrothgar and they always have to nerf them, so stupid.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

If my initial reaction indeed proves wrong and this set is completely useless, then I say "Good Riddance!!! It shan't be missed!"

I mean it was of very very situational use. Personally didn't have to change anything on my templars or wardens to combat it. With templar purge simply blocked the plaguebreak explosion and on wardens the 5 sec single cleanse didn't purge it every 5 secs because of other effects. Not to mention running it on anything but a stamdk was pointless.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the plus side I made huge amounts of gold selling these when they came out, and am back filling my stickerbook with DC, Hrothgar's and Plaguebreak now for pennies on the dollar. B)
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new scaling mechanic looks like it will still be a cancerous set in cyro but hopefully less people will be running it.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    On the plus side I made huge amounts of gold selling these when they came out, and am back filling my stickerbook with DC, Hrothgar's and Plaguebreak now for pennies on the dollar. B)

Nice! I just wonder why people bother on farming or buying anything anymore for PVP. Set comes out, few months later is nerf to the ground, the next set comes out, few months later, it's nerf to the ground. And the cycle repeats again and again. Someday players are going to smart up. But not today 😁. I'm with you. Make as much profit as you can before the sets become garage.