The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please make a stickerbook for provisioner recepies

Rastapasta
Rastapasta
✭✭✭
Once your secondary toons reach the required level they could use them also.
ATM if you want to change priority to another toon or you delete one; in your account, you have to search again for the same recepies you have/had already.

Thanks for considering.
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a good idea.

Recipe knowledge affects Master Writ drops

Therefore I learned many many recipes with all my 18 alts

This shouldn't come for free.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to have a separate stickerbook for every alt.
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a recipe seller I don't like this idea :)
    And I know the pain Olivialander said about. My alts have eaten tons of recipes instead of getting direct profit for it.

But really a sticker book would be a great QOL improvement for all.
    Would it be global or alt-separated? Will alt-breeders like me get some compensation or not? Whatever!
    Sticker book would be nice.
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm for the idea. Adding new features that make it easier for people and isn't pay to win should be encouraged.
    Being against that cause you had it hard/expensive is improper in my opinion.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand why you'd need the "stickerbook" for provisioning...

The whole point of the stickerbook was to reconstruct items that, as long as you collected once, you could make copies for other characters to use.

That isn't the case with provisioning/furnishings/etc... once you learn it on a character, you can make as many of that item and give them to any other character you have (as long as you have the materials)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is approaching “universal account”.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

The whole point of the stickerbook was to reconstruct items that, as long as you collected once, you could make copies for other characters to use.

That isn't the case with provisioning/furnishings/etc... once you learn it on a character, you can make as many of that item and give them to any other character you have (as long as you have the materials)

Think they just want a way to track what is learned and what is not.

Sure, the sticker book was setup the way you describe but as a console player with no add-on helpers a sticker book for provisioner/furnishing plans would be an awesome help.

Especially since we cannot go a guild trader and only search for provisioner/furnishing plans that are not know but must see a list of everything.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey :)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the entire reason that having the ability to craft the recipes on alts is a good idea. If my main can already craft a recipe, there is no game unbalancing reason why my alts can't also do that if they are of the appropriate skill level. It simply removes the need to swap toons to craft and I would count it as a quality of life improvement, especially if they make it optional in some way so you wouldn't have to do it.

How account wide recipe knowledge is accomplished could be through a stickerbook system or something else, but I think it would be a great addition.

As to the earlier concern about master writs, if it results in some extra provisioning master writs, I don't really think that would be a bad thing. I can't imagine it would introduce so many new writs into the economy to warp anything, but I could be wrong.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Think they just want a way to track what is learned and what is not.

Sure, the sticker book was setup the way you describe but as a console player with no add-on helpers a sticker book for provisioner/furnishing plans would be an awesome help.

Especially since we cannot go a guild trader and only search for provisioner/furnishing plans that are not know but must see a list of everything.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey :)

Oh, by all means, yes there should be a way of tracking all knowledge (even across all characters) built into the game for console players.

That's the entire reason that having the ability to craft the recipes on alts is a good idea. If my main can already craft a recipe, there is no game unbalancing reason why my alts can't also do that if they are of the appropriate skill level. It simply removes the need to swap toons to craft and I would count it as a quality of life improvement, especially if they make it optional in some way so you wouldn't have to do it.

How account wide recipe knowledge is accomplished could be through a stickerbook system or something else, but I think it would be a great addition.

As to the earlier concern about master writs, if it results in some extra provisioning master writs, I don't really think that would be a bad thing. I can't imagine it would introduce so many new writs into the economy to warp anything, but I could be wrong.

There is some gold to be made by doing the provisioning writs at the "mid" levels to get some rare recipes that sell for 10-20k gold. It's a similar argument to motifs. Farming and selling motifs is one way many players make gold in the game (and you can do the same for provisioning), and you'd take that away by going to "account-wide" knowledge of recipes/motifs.

There's also the sticky "achievement" situation... and we've seen those threads (and I don't want to rehash all that).

Then there are the players who have specific characters and have backgrounds for all those characters. For some of them, learning a certain recipe (like maybe knowing how to make Ghastly Eye Bowl (or something similarly gross), or Bastian with his loathing of any cheese-based dish, or Mirri with anything made with bugs) is the antithesis of what their character is (or would behave). I'm not on this side, it wouldn't matter to me, but I know plenty of people who are.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stickerbook is kinda pointless, because recipies are character bound BUT

adding a next category to the Loorebook we have in journal would be a really nice touch.

For all recipies, not only provisioning.
    Edited by Ippokrates on October 12, 2021 6:53PM
  • KniteShayd
    KniteShayd
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I would be happy with at least a recipe "checklist" (a la the way you can see what motifs you do/don't have) in achievements; AND a filter exclusively for unknown recipes, when on a trader.

#ButThatsJustMe