The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

"Disable Companions Interactions" button - ZOS, PLEASE !

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Yay. Hopefully this helps.
    Companions will now run in front of your character less frequently when you come to a stop.

jeah well...we hoped and we once again got nothing ^^

few examples...
    Dolmen chests, companion still first interaction
    After travelling to a wayshrine, wanting to use it to travel again, without moving...companion first interaction aswell

the problem is, that the interact hitbox is too large overall
    If I run in a certain direction and stop, the companion will come so close to me, that the interact hitboxarea comes in front of me, and I get the interact option.
    Either decrease the interact hitbox alot, or dont let the companion come this close.

I was noticing this yesterday on XBox (PC, I have the addon). Seems that Mirri's hit box is about the same size as a small zone :smile: and if she gets anywhere close to me, it is all about Mirri. Curse her ego! :cry:

Like I mentioned above, it is like a race. If I see something I want to activate, I have to run to it and slap the A button before MIrri arrives and wants to talk to me. If my timing is off, I jump instead of select the item, which allows Mirri to catch up to me.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WuChiWuGen
    WuChiWuGen
    ✭✭✭
    We really need a different, button to interact with the companion, Im seeking and stealing or trying to beat the other guy to open the chest and interact with the companion that's in my way
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a addon to disable everyones pets. It would reduce lagg and low fps on trials so much, it's insane.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    There is the addon "No, thank you" which is great, bloody marvelous, excellent etc etc
    It has an option to prohibit interactions with insects. You get what i mean?

Dear Zenimax (@ZOS), dear addon authors,
    could you please, pretty please, add a keyboard shortcut enabling/disabling initiating dialogues with Companions.
    my problem is Ken and Barbie (who are basically good boy and gal) have a trend to stand over lootable bodies/containers
    and it takes SEVERAL attempts to position right to get my loot instead of listening to "wanna chat?" by my talkaive Companions.

This is extremely annoying. Very annoying. Hardly companions could get mote brains to stop resetting bosses,
    standing in red, preventing from looting, so the magic button to stop interacting with them seems to be the best option
    (unsummoning companion before looting is not OK as this prevents from Companions gear drops).

Please, please, make this "prevent companions interactions" button/addon.
    Thank you.

Until then:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1623-NoInteract.html

Thank you very much @danno8 for posting this link.
    I mentioned you in I'm still speaking with companions instead of dropping loot

:)
    PC | EU
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WuChiWuGen wrote: »
    trying to beat the other guy to open the chest

Can we just normalize not doing that instead? Chest and node sniping is just rude.
    Edited by Bat on October 12, 2021 11:27AM
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only just got companions but, and I hope I don't jinx myself here, so far Mirri stays a little behind me, except when she leaps into combat (whooda thunk she could tank?).
  • orgin_stadia
    orgin_stadia
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, since the interaction take precedence over everything it is quite annoying.

Run to a wayshrine, press interact, and .. nope sorry no teleporting today, with mirri you must talk.

Put interacting with your companion on a separate hotkey or button instead. Independent of whether you are actually looking at the companion or not. Just press the new hotkey and the window pops up.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »

Can we just normalize not doing that instead? Chest and node sniping is just rude.

It's already not normalized. Most people view it as very rude. You'll always have people who do it anyway because it's possible (and not against tos) but vast majority of people you run into aren't gonna intentionally snipe you.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 12, 2021 1:09PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @danno8 I just installed and tried out this add on. It's fabulous and I thank you for identifying it. I have interactions with Bastion, Mirri, torchbugs and butterflies turned off but can turn any of them on or off with one programmable hotkey. Very handy and easy to use. :)

I installed it also, it was heaven! Then I woke up and realized it was just a dream, I'm on PS4 sigh. This post is what I came here to post about, it is getting old!
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »

Don't move the crux of the problem. Here we are talking about the interference of the Companions and not about a non-existent moral claim.
    Companion's interaction MUST be different and Zos must introduce a different key for this interaction, otherwise it does not resolve and the companions will end up in the dust of a cellar
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It can be frustrating when trying to jump over a rock or log and constantly being taken into a dialogue with the comps. Love the companions as a whole, but the interact button should be the same way as interacting with players.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be frustrating when trying to jump over a rock or log and constantly being taken into a dialogue with the comps. Love the companions as a whole, but the interact button should be the same way as interacting with players.

It is just frustrating in ESO when you come across a rock, log, small insect, or pebble, and have to jump. I am getting used to New World in this respect. The companion just means you can't do it if the jump is also the activate.

On XBox, I switched to a different layout, which I do not like, just to avoid companions when jumping. Sadly, I am no good at jumping, now, so when I get stuck, I just go around.

Edited by Elsonso on October 13, 2021 3:46PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lenox
    Lenox
    ✭✭
    So glad I found this thread. Going to try No Interact now.
    Nord TankCro
    Redguard StamCro
    Orc StamKnight
    Khajiit MagBlade
    Argonian HealPlar