The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

"Disable Companions Interactions" button - ZOS, PLEASE !

DinoZavr
DinoZavr
✭✭✭✭✭
There is the addon "No, thank you" which is great, bloody marvelous, excellent etc etc
It has an option to prohibit interactions with insects. You get what i mean?

Dear Zenimax (@ZOS), dear addon authors,
could you please, pretty please, add a keyboard shortcut enabling/disabling initiating dialogues with Companions.
my problem is Ken and Barbie (who are basically good boy and gal) have a trend to stand over lootable bodies/containers
and it takes SEVERAL attempts to position right to get my loot instead of listening to "wanna chat?" by my talkaive Companions.

This is extremely annoying. Very annoying. Hardly companions could get mote brains to stop resetting bosses,
standing in red, preventing from looting, so the magic button to stop interacting with them seems to be the best option
(unsummoning companion before looting is not OK as this prevents from Companions gear drops).

Please, please, make this "prevent companions interactions" button/addon.
Thank you.
PC EU
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    There is the addon "No, thank you" which is great, bloody marvelous, excellent etc etc

could you please, pretty please, add a keyboard shortcut enabling/disabling initiating dialogues with Companions.
    my problem is Ken and Barbie (who are basically good boy and gal) have a trend to stand over lootable bodies/containers
    and it takes SEVERAL attempts to position right to get my loot instead of listening to "wanna chat?" by my talkaive Companions.

This is extremely annoying. Very annoying. Hardly companions could get mote brains to stop resetting bosses,
    standing in red, preventing from looting, so the magic button to stop interacting with them seems to be the best option
    (unsummoning companion before looting is not OK as this prevents from Companions gear drops).

Thank you.

Until then:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1623-NoInteract.html
    Options
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @danno8
    Thank you! Tested on Mirri. IT WORKS!!! Awesome addon, just awesome! Thank you!
    PC EU
    Options
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they add something like a press and hold before you can interact with a companion, that way the quick button tap to loot something wont accidentally drag you into an unwanted conversation.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Thank you.

Until then:

pray.gif

I have noticed that if there is enough lag, I don't know that Mirri has leaped in front of me to save me from whatever it is that I think I am activating. I can clearly see that I am going to pick that node and instead, I get Mirri. :rage:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Rugby_hook
    Rugby_hook
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Trying to loot and talking to Bastion for the xteenth time is just no fun anymore. If this isn't an option, there have to be ways to path them better to avoid interactable objects. Also on this topic, they're had to be ways to path them in combat so they don't reset bosses or run to the complete opposite side of a dolmen or boss fight and out of my healing range. I know it's not an MMO, but in Dragon Age, you can set battle tactics for your companions. At the very least we could do something similar here. In companion menu, an option for how far they will go from us would be very helpful.
    Options
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    I'm hoping they add something like a press and hold before you can interact with a companion, that way the quick button tap to loot something wont accidentally drag you into an unwanted conversation.

This is what I'm hoping for also since no addons on console. Literally cant even jump half the time without interacting with companion.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XxCaLxX wrote: »

This is what I'm hoping for also since no addons on console. Literally cant even jump half the time without interacting with companion.

Yeah. I have this problem on XBox. I wanna know who decided that the Activate, Jump, and Talk-to-Mirri-from-anywhere-on-Nirn would ever be placed on the same button . :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on June 26, 2021 5:14PM
    Options
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    o_O Unless it's some sort of bug, I've gotten a few Companion gear drops and haven't even done the starting quest to unlock them on any of my characters.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @danno8 I just installed and tried out this add on. It's fabulous and I thank you for identifying it. I have interactions with Bastion, Mirri, torchbugs and butterflies turned off but can turn any of them on or off with one programmable hotkey. Very handy and easy to use. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭

Totally agree with this
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed a new skill in the game. Run to the Objective (NPC, node, book, etc) before Mirri can catch up. I am level 18, but I hear I have to get to 50 before I unlock the ultimate.
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

I think it could be easily fixed, at least somewhat, if they add a delay for the prompt to show when you approach your companion for interaction. Something like 1.5 or 2 seconds.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • ScaniX
    ScaniX
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, please. In 99 of 100 cases I want to jump, loot, interact, use the augur thingie or whatever and not talk to Bastian about the weather.
    [snip]
    Also: Add-ons do not help as I'm playing on PS5.

[edited for basing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on June 29, 2021 1:02PM
    PS5 - Dolchsturz - Werwolfzauberer & Vampirtempler
    Options
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ScaniX i feel sad about our consoles brothers and sisters.
    @Elsonso oh.. Mirri is so damn fast girl. She is NB, so she can even teleport.
    @M_Volsung, basically, the No Interact addon by @Rhyono does the job marvelously
    i bind Num * for "Blacklist Target" addon keybind and having companion targeted this just toggles enable/disable interaction...
    Excellent, excellent addon. It's fantastic how addons fix a lot of built-in snags.
    PC EU
    Options
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ScaniX i feel sad about our consoles brothers and sisters.
    @Elsonso oh.. Mirri is so damn fast girl. She is NB, so she can even teleport.
    @M_Volsung, basically, the No Interact addon by @Rhyono does the job marvelously
    i bind Num * for "Blacklist Target" addon keybind and having companion targeted this just toggles enable/disable interaction...
    Excellent, excellent addon. It's fantastic how addons fix a lot of built-in snags.

I try to keep how many add-ons I use to a minimum... so, no.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
    Options
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭

Thank you.

Until then:

Thanks so much for posting this link. Quick question: Does enabling the /nointeract name to blacklist the NPC (aka Mirri) block the ability to speak with her during her quests? Or basically, any scripted questline in which Mirri will have a quest marker over her head (like the one to help her mother)? Will the quest marker still show if she's been blacklisted?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

Until then:

Thanks so much for posting this link. Quick question: Does enabling the /nointeract name to blacklist the NPC (aka Mirri) block the ability to speak with her during her quests? Or basically, any scripted questline in which Mirri will have a quest marker over her head (like the one to help her mother)? Will the quest marker still show if she's been blacklisted?

Assign a console key to the block/unblock. I use one of the F keys. This way you can quickly unblock someone if the need arises.

(I have not come across any place like you are asking about, but I am prepared in the event that I do)
    Edited by Elsonso on June 28, 2021 12:03AM
    Options
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    ^^

Ok thanks!
    Options
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the A.I. is programmed to keep them close to the player - fine - but at least have Companions stay one step BEHIND - as opposed to one step in front, always.

S.
    Options
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Thank you.

Until then:

Assign a console key to the block/unblock. I use one of the F keys. This way you can quickly unblock someone if the need arises.

(I have not come across any place like you are asking about, but I am prepared in the event that I do)

I targeted Mirri with the /nointeract Mirri command. Even though she's now on the blacklist, I'm still loosing reputation with her for trying to harvest insects. I targeted a random torchbug and blacklisted it. And this had the exactly undesireable and predicatable result: my toon could no longer harvest or interact with them. Which completely defeats the point.

Did I misunderstand the nature of the /nointeract command? I thought targeting/blacklisting Mirri would allow me to do actions she dislikes (harvesting bugs, using boats, committing murder etc) without loss of rep with her?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

Until then:

I targeted Mirri with the /nointeract Mirri command. Even though she's now on the blacklist, I'm still loosing reputation with her for trying to harvest insects. I targeted a random torchbug and blacklisted it. And this had the exactly undesireable and predicatable result: my toon could no longer harvest or interact with them. Which completely defeats the point.

Did I misunderstand the nature of the /nointeract command? I thought targeting/blacklisting Mirri would allow me to do actions she dislikes (harvesting bugs, using boats, committing murder etc) without loss of rep with her?

All the no interaction addon does is make it so that you cannot activate a listed companion. They will still make comments, get XP, gain and lose rapport, fight, etc. It does not block you summoning them or dismissing them from a quick menu key or Collections. They can talk to you, but you can't talk to them. :smile:

Options
  • Slow_And_Steady2
    I have to say that I completely agree with having some sort way to turn the companion interaction off. Sounds like someone created an add-on for PC but that does me no good on PS. Also ZOS need to add a NO Companion dialog to the list. I have all mine set in Infrequent and they still talk to much.
    Options
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭

Thank you.

Until then:

All the no interaction addon does is make it so that you cannot activate a listed companion. They will still make comments, get XP, gain and lose rapport, fight, etc. It does not block you summoning them or dismissing them from a quick menu key or Collections. They can talk to you, but you can't talk to them. :smile:

Ahh. So the blocking works the way tw@tter does.

100% completely dysfunctional >,<
    Options
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos should have done something like needing to hard target them in order to interact
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay. Hopefully this helps.
    Companions will now run in front of your character less frequently when you come to a stop.
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

Until then:

I installed NoInteract, blacklisted Bastian but it didn't work? He's still getting in my way and I'm still accidentally interacting with him.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

Until then:

I installed NoInteract, blacklisted Bastian but it didn't work? He's still getting in my way and I'm still accidentally interacting with him.

Are you sure you properly selected Bastian, and not something else?
    Options
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LadyLethalla
    i'd suggest binding a key for "Blacklist Target" addons keybindings
    it happens Companions are considered to be MirriElendis and BastianHallix (no spaces!) from addons' point of view.
    PC EU
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to say... just installed this addon and it works like a charm!! I did a keybind for 'Blacklist Target' and targeted both Mirri and Bastian. Now, I don't have their interact key in my face all the time and if I want to change something in their settings, I can toggle their interact back on.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay. Hopefully this helps.
    Companions will now run in front of your character less frequently when you come to a stop.

jeah well...we hoped and we once again got nothing ^^

few examples...
    Dolmen chests, companion still first interaction
    After travelling to a wayshrine, wanting to use it to travel again, without moving...companion first interaction aswell

the problem is, that the interact hitbox is too large overall
    If I run in a certain direction and stop, the companion will come so close to me, that the interact hitboxarea comes in front of me, and I get the interact option.
    Either decrease the interact hitbox alot, or dont let the companion come this close.

Edited by SaintSubwayy on June 29, 2021 9:23AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options