The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playing melee now almost impossible due to Dark Convergence

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
I usually play in melee and now as soon you try to get near someone they put a DC on you, you spend half of you time avoiding that broken set, trying to go near someone, oh wait they put another DC down, let me roll away again. And now I will try again to go in meele range. Is that another DC? There is no visual clue this time but it must be, okay let's roll again. Oh boy I was outside the range but it pull me regardless. Ok I will block. now let's try again to go in melee range

Only way of playing is going range and join the cheese.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually play in melee and now as soon you try to get near someone they put a DC on you, you spend half of you time avoiding that broken set, trying to go near someone, oh wait they put another DC down, let me roll away again. And now I will try again to go in meele range. Is that another DC? There is no visual clue this time but it must be, okay let's roll again. Oh boy I was outside the range but it pull me regardless. Ok I will block. now let's try again to go in melee range

They really just need to make it not pull you in outside its range. It consistently pulls you in even though you are no where near the red circle. The damage is pathetic and easily avoidable outside of a severe lag spike. Been killed only once by this set, but that pull always gets you.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They really just need to make it not pull you in outside its range. It consistently pulls you in even though you are no where near the red circle. The damage is pathetic and easily avoidable outside of a severe lag spike. Been killed only once by this set, but that pull always gets you.

This might be extreme, but I think the set either needs to be only a pull, thereby requiring a follow-up of either cc or offensive combo (ie. requiring skill) to secure a kill, or it needs to have the pull removed. It's clear that the pull is broken beyond belief. It pulls people from upper floors and walls, effectively nullifying counter siege. For a set, it's all too much. Either make it just a pull-set or ditch the pull.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They gonna nerf it to be single pull, twice less damage but scales more for each char inside.

With single pull you can probably learn to block the first pull and then punish the attacker.

Ye, in current condition it protects you whole 4s. If you think ranged builds are broken with DC, check my stambomber vid. I can literally do 3s of whirlwinds without fear that their allies will help em, because when they do, they get second pull and eat proc damage + whirl.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

This might be extreme, but I think the set either needs to be only a pull, thereby requiring a follow-up of either cc or offensive combo (ie. requiring skill) to secure a kill, or it needs to have the pull removed. It's clear that the pull is broken beyond belief. It pulls people from upper floors and walls, effectively nullifying counter siege. For a set, it's all too much. Either make it just a pull-set or ditch the pull.

Pulling you off keeps, I think that's the problem, and it should be fix immediately. How players are supposed to defend a keep against a Zerg if you're pull down when trying to use a seige weapon.
    Edited by Abyssmol on September 28, 2021 5:42AM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost as annoying as the wide spread perma-stun then execute huh?
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

Almost as annoying as the wide spread perma-stun then execute huh?

There is no permastun in this game without cyrolag.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're problem is that you're trying to PVP. Stop being a laggard. That's like so last patch. The new game is DCVP. Didn't you get the memo? Either go DC or go home.

The good news that it doesn't matter what class you are, what abilities you have or well, anything really. Just bung an AOE on the ground every 15 seconds and watch the kills roll in.

I think it's best used on a mag toon with chudan and rattlecage so don't have to bother pressing more than one button - it means you can sip a chilled beer, eat chips and rack up kills at the same time. But it works just as well with stam. Drop some caltrops and then kick back and enjoy the show....
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    They gonna nerf it to be single pull, twice less damage but scales more for each char inside.

With single pull you can probably learn to block the first pull and then punish the attacker.

Ye, in current condition it protects you whole 4s. If you think ranged builds are broken with DC, check my stambomber vid. I can literally do 3s of whirlwinds without fear that their allies will help em, because when they do, they get second pull and eat proc damage + whirl.
    The "nerf" to DC set on PTS, so far is a buff to this set. True, base damage is reduced, true, radius is reduced by tiny amount, and yes, it only pulls ones, but the damage per target is buffed from 10% to 50%.

^ This means that this set will only do less damage if it only pulls one player. 2 - 3 players pulled, means that damage will be more or less the same. Anything more than that - it will deal greater damage vs what it can do on live server. So in a small-scale IC, Cyro or BGs, it will deal more damage than on live server, effectively outperformeding Vicious Death set.

The only way to balance this set is to get rid of pull & snare CC. Right now, this set has both CC & damage kill combo, packed into a one auto "macro" style proc. It is a burst combo on its own. Even if this set was a CC only (no damage at all) - it would still be used vastly because of pull CC. This kind of CC is very rare for a reason (and if it is available, it is pretty much single target only). It enables a lot and in case of AOE pull - it is game breaking.
  • fakingfocused
    fakingfocused
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the old days were mele pvp used to be worth the risk of up close and in your face.

I agree DC makes everything all the harder these days. It's so broken. Getting pulled all over the map despite being out of range. Then left with resources depleted

And to top it off now there is more and more of a trend of just sit in the background spaming range attacks, kill stealing and running away with no real risk.

And then abilities not firing in a timely fashion or 1st attempt hurts mele all the more. So many skills that I depend on when I'm high pressure in the thick of it and now cannot even rely on them firing most of the time.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This means that this set will only do less damage if it only pulls one player. 2 - 3 players pulled, means that damage will be more or less the same. Anything more than that - it will deal greater damage vs what it can do on live server.

This is incorrect. It deals damage not based on number of players pulled, but on number of players stayed in the middle. Most players will dodge out successfully.

Without second pull, there is nothing in this set that guarantees the damage.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been pulled into these and anyone not foolish enough to simply stand there are let you walk out will make sure you can't. I've taken at least a total of 14k damage off of one Dark Convergence before. So I very much disagree with you.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You shouldn't be allowed to take damage and also deal damage"

That's what they told me, seemed a little biased towards ranged and stealth to me
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and anyone not foolish enough to simply stand there are let you walk out will make sure you can't.

How?
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed about the damage. I've only ever died to it once and I also use it and not once have I killed someone with it.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still using my melee mag NBs in these times with little issue...
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    I mean I get out of it the majority of the time, especially since I moved race against time to my front bar, but yeah I've had it hit me for over 20k in my death recaps more than once, so i definitely don't think the damage is nothing
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITs the layering of the DCs and the swarm of people running over you... CC break rarely works as it is and now dodge roll is becoming more intermittent. Sure if its one DC its not that hard to block and get out, but when you get serial hit by about 5 of them... and no apparently there is no such thing as cc immunity
    PCNA
    PCEU