The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deathmatch Leaderboard 1 Million Points

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Deathmatch Leaderboard

With 56 minutes remaining, I reached 1003240 points.

P6ZcHMb.png

0GpNYLP.png

How is your score so high?

Any 7500+ heal earns the Critical Heal badge which gives 100 points.

Truhk3r.png

Here's 500 points:

Wmn7GKE.png

eRMunfQ.png

Match Breakdown

Best Game: 3.7m healing

toib30O.png

0 Kills 0 Deaths 0 Assists

egSEGVA.png

"perfectly balanced, as all things should be" - Skara Thanos

1VCP8kn.png

The Build

D7yE1Gt.png

Class: Magicka Sorcerer
Race: High Elf, Dark Elf, Argonian, Breton
Attributes: 64 magicka
Set 1: Spell Power Cure
Set 2: Healer's Habit
Monster: 1x Sentinel of Rkugamz heavy
Monster: 1x Symphony of Blades medium

Resto staff (front bar): Powered trait w/ Weapon Damage Enchant
Resto staff (back bar): Powered or Defending trait w/ any enchant
Jewelry: Arcane trait, Magicka Recovery enchant
Armor: Divines trait, Maximum Magicka enchant

Bar 1: Bound Aegis, Hardened Ward, Twilight Matriarch, Radiating Regeneration, Inner Light, Life Giver
Bar 2: Streak, Boundless Storm, Twilight Matriarch, Dark Deal, Power Surge, Life Giver

Mundus: The Atronach
Vampire Stage 3
Clockwork Citrus Filet
Essence of Spell Power

Battleground (No-CP) stats w/ potion and Boundless Storm active:

Z7SESDQ.png

DeKKFBJ.png

Tips

Use heavy attack when idle to keep Major Mending up.

KJapTNT.png

Streak into clusters of enemy players for the aoe stun.

VfYDzRi.png

Dodge roll frequently to avoid damage and use Dark Deal to recover stamina.

UvaGnZy.png

Final Thoughts

~170 deathmatch games were played which took 6 hours/day for 7 days. 6 games were abandoned at a rate of ~3.5%.

All games were queued without a premade using "Deathmatch Only Battleground" queue. The solo queue takes too long.

Burnout wasn't an issue until around 150 games for the week, or approximately 900k leaderboard points.

Deathmatch is fun but after playing so many games, I want the objective game modes to come back.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 27, 2021 6:44AM
PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can move Dark Deal to frontbar and Regeneration to backbar for slightly larger frontbar heals.

Bar 1: Bound Aegis, Hardened Ward, Twilight Matriarch, Dark Deal, Inner Light, Life Giver
    Bar 2: Streak, Boundless Storm, Twilight Matriarch, Radiating Regeneration, Power Surge, Life Giver

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 27, 2021 6:31AM
    PC NA
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on your accomplishments but you also should've mentioned that the critical heal medal is bugged. It's supposed to award 5 medal score not 100. Been bugged for as long as I can remember.
    Edited by dinokstrunz on September 27, 2021 7:08AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on your accomplishments but you also should've mentioned that the critical heal medal is bugged. It's supposed to award 5 medal score not 100. Been bugged for as long as I can remember.

Maybe it is bugged, but Healers aren't awarded enough points for how much impact their Healing has in Death Match.

Cool post OP, nice work.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it is bugged, but Healers aren't awarded enough points for how much impact their Healing has in Death Match.

Cool post OP, nice work.

It's not maybe, it is. Healers are rewarded fairly for what they do and how easy it actually is. Healing in deathmatch is probably the most straight forward role to fill in a deathmatch team/premade given how over performing cross healing is in the current climate of BGs.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not maybe, it is.

Is there a post where ZOS says it's giving the wrong score?
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the weekend I was really getting sick of running he inconsistent rapid regen for heals. And swapped out that for matriarch. Dropped one of my shields, and dropped fury for Ice wall. Found my survivability went through the roof, and the burst heal is far better than rapid regen. But I hate running pets, so this is likely short lived. And without room for fury, killing power is greatly diminished on the build. I can put out 1 mil damage, top the leaderboard for my team, but only have like 4 kills in a winning match.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not maybe, it is.

Is there a post where ZOS says it's giving the wrong score?

It's written in the in-game help tab.
    3oKaV1I.png

It's obviously awarding more points than it should since the medal is awarding more points than the 15k heal hit medal. As for official ZoS response to this I cannot find any but it's been reported several times over the years.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's obviously awarding more points than it should since the medal is awarding more points than the 15k heal hit medal.

Rapid Recovery rewards 200 points not 10.

js8628l.png

Are you sure the documentation isn't out of date and the heal badges are working as originally intended?

Imagine if Critical Heal was only 5 points. The 3.7 million healing game with a 13900 score game mentioned in the original post would only be 2690 score which is hilariously low. Nobody would ever play a healer in battlegrounds.

Here's a comment from April 2020 that agrees.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 27, 2021 8:16PM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The badge difficulty changes changes over time. Battle Spirit gets adjusted, new sets get added, old sets get nerfed, etc.

The entire battleground medal system could probably use a review and update by the dev team.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 27, 2021 8:20PM
    PC NA
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not bad, but having zero lethal is an absolute deal breaker for me.

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congratulations that impressive!! Thanks for sharing.

Nothing against you but been saying for a long time that Matriarch should not get 2 full heals since most other skills except DK’s Obsidian Shard which has a travel times and requires a target to use. Plus, it’s 360 degree unlike other skills is just too strong. Comparing it to BOL is just a joke.
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is a lot of effort to get some gold impreg or cowards gear.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > Power Surge

Idk I prefer to run orb instead, to give allies resources. Can use blue pvp pot instead.

I can confirm that sorc healer is the best BGs healer. My build runs max magica for stronger shields.

That's neat trick of yours with Dark Deal and dodgerolls, I should totally try this.
    Edited by divnyi on September 29, 2021 9:12AM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Mag sorc was once known to win games on its own regardless of team composition
    A Mag sorc was once known to be PVP DD
    A Mag sorc was once known to *** on premades
    A Mag sorc was once known to have an infinite skill cap
    A Mag sorc was once known to do a 1v4v4 in TDM and still win

I miss that Mag sorc
    Good news though ! Mag sorc can now heal for 2m + by spamming the same 2 buttons over and over.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on September 30, 2021 6:50PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss that Mag sorc

Go play solo magsorc, what's your problem? It is still one of the most broken DDs because same stat that gives damage also gives toughness. And streak is still OP.

Everyone enjoys playing a class in whatever way they want to play it.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    I miss that Mag sorc

Go play solo magsorc, what's your problem? It is still one of the most broken DDs because same stat that gives damage also gives toughness. And streak is still OP.

Everyone enjoys playing a class in whatever way they want to play it.

Why play solo mag sorc as i can play anything stam and do much better
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭

How do you counter sorcs who keep the distance and keep throwing crystal frags?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suck at sorc so I only heal but a good Magsorc like @Magio_ is really difficult to kill. In <10 seconds I've dumped the 6 mil dummy equivalent of ~35k sustained dps on the guy w/ max damage everything and he didn't die. Magsorc with damage shield every second + auto block, mist form, dodge rolls, streak, etc. Such a pain to deal with.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on October 1, 2021 11:39PM
    PC NA
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    I suck at sorc so I only heal but a good Magsorc like @Magio_ is really difficult to kill. In <10 seconds I've dumped the 6 mil dummy equivalent of ~35k sustained dps on the guy w/ max damage everything and he didn't die. Magsorc with damage shield every second + auto block, mist form, dodge rolls, streak, etc. Such a pain to deal with.

Magio is pretty good. Probably the last few remaining competent mag sorcs in this game
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

How do you counter sorcs who keep the distance and keep throwing crystal frags?

You tank them out. Dodging a frag is pretty unnecessary imo. Even surprise attack does more damage than frags these days
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on October 2, 2021 5:04PM
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure the documentation isn't out of date and the heal badges are working as originally intended?
    Yes, the documentation is out of date. I remember the change being made as a way for healers to earn more Medals a few years ago.
    The entire battleground medal system could probably use a review and update by the dev team.

Not only that all, but those numbers for BG Medals and BG Achievements are really just arbitrary. The problem is that they were set in a time when BGs were CP Enabled.
    Magio_ is really difficult to kill. In <10 seconds I've dumped the 6 mil dummy equivalent of ~35k sustained dps on the guy w/ max damage everything and he didn't die. Magsorc with damage shield every second + auto block, mist form, dodge rolls, streak, etc.

I don't use shields or mist form. Magicka Sorcerer has a skill slot problem, always has had it for me at least. It's so bad, I have to run Spell Power Pots with my current build because I can't fit Critical Surge, so no way I could fit shields and Mist Form lol. Imho, Max Magicka builds are too weak in BGs anyway and have been for a while. Shields are too selfish. Keeping a teammate from dying is sometimes worth as much as securing a kill.

Now to the actual post itself. I told you this before on another thread, but those BG leaderboards have no value. Any burn out you are experiencing is probably due to going too hard at an accomplishment that means very little. You almost doubled 2nd place's score and for what? Even 100th place got as good as rewards as you did. Which are very bad anyway, but that's a topic for another thread.

I believe you'd have more fun if you chased a different goal that means more, like a high win rate. People notice good healers even if your Medal Score is low at the end of the game. You were technically just memeing with that build and your Win Rate is still above average in the 40's. I say you were memeing because to earn that medal you had to let your teammates drop 7,500 HP each time you earned it. That's anywhere from 20-30% of the typical BG build.

As a DD, I'd rather the healer on my team keep my HP bar topped off with heals over time so there's as few chances as possible to get caught by a burst combo at low HP. I play a Warden Healer and the build that earns 1-2k medals is way more effective at keeping people alive and thus winning matches than the meme one that earns 15k+ medals.

So, just tweak your build a bit and focus your effort into keeping your teammates alive and not using them to farm Medal Score. Your win rate will definitely go up and you'll have a goal that's more rewarding in the end. Your fellow BGers will definitely notice.
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    now do it with your woofer :D