The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TAUNT BUGGED

• Aurahna
    Aurahna
    Soul Shriven
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    Aurahna wrote: »
    Taunt bug in Committee in vHoF with Reclaimer. Taunted, and hitting everyone except MT.
    It should be pointed out... the Reclaimer can't be taunted, or at least not like other things; as in, it may attack you once but you won't be able to hold aggro. It has always ignored taunt. That's why it should be the last to get empowered (and if done right you won't even see it) due to light attack one-shots.

Good to know, was being called out for not keeping taunt on it and people dying.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know, was being called out for not keeping taunt on it and people dying.
    In this instance, it is neither your fault nor is it the game's fault. It's just a mechanic. :smile:
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Aurahna
    Aurahna
    Soul Shriven
    Was the taunt issue brought up from original post part of the maintenance fix this morning? I have not seen the taunt issue acknowledged yet on any post.
    Edited by Aurahna on August 31, 2021 4:10PM
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was the taunt issue brought up from original post part of the maintenance fix this morning? I have not seen the taunt issue acknowledged yet on any post.

I would also like to know if they have at least acknowledged this.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • alsonotan0rc
    alsonotan0rc
    ✭✭✭
    Had the taunt bug happen twice in a vRG last night as an off-tank.

I used range taunt on the flesh atronach. I heard the taunt go off, was charged resources, the taunt debuff showed up on untaunted, and the atronach started running towards me. So far so good. But then, in under a second of being taunted, the atronach turned 180 degrees around and started pulping DPS. Cue tears and suffering. It was absolutely, certainly, 100% not taunted by the other tank, because it was targeting DPS.

The exact same thing happened earlier in the trial with one of the Reavers.

This patch was supposed to be a fix for taunt! At least previously, the taunt just wouldn't work rather than completely dropping off.

I love tanking in this game. When it works. When it doesn't, everyone dies, and nobody is happy about that except maybe the Worm Cult. Please fix taunt! (And also please stop making mechanics that one-shot the tank when block fails to register...)
  • WildLight
    WildLight
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm that taunt is still bugged. Was doing some dungeons yesterday and today on my tank and sometimes enemies refused to cooperate after being stabbed with Pierce. As far as I noticed taunting works fine on bosses but little mobs just randomly ran over to DPS or healer and start smacking them despite having clear red mark above their heads. And no, nobody in my groups was running extra taunts or anything like that.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heres something i learned. When the patchnotes or combat preview describes something as drastially improves X - red lights and sirene have to go on.

Somewhere they said that taunting will be improved.
    Same with breakfree - described as drastically improved the back end script or soemthing - breakfree is even worse now, when hit by a lot of stuff/ppl while stunned it takes like 3 sec till the breakfree animation can be triggered.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did normal Rockgrove yesterday and experienced multiple times when Inner Rage just did not seem to 'register' on targets. Not even that it fell off quickly, it seemed to not be applied at all. 3 or 4 casts needed at times.

I had few or no problems using Pierce Armor or Frost Clench (though only used Clench for one fight).
    PC NA
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just inner range - melee taunting is sometimes not registering even in dungeon runs.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dec 21, 2022 and still bugged.

Broken taunt, broken block.

rip tank population