The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crafts, Alts, Gold: please, help to understand

myskyrim26
myskyrim26
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear crafters,
Please, help to understand how to make profit with doing crafting dailies on alts. Now I have 1 Grand Master Crafter who knows almost everything possible (missing PVP recipes and newest motifs) and 5 alts, max level, max crafts.

What I know about gold rewards is (please correct me if I'm wrong):

1.To get the biggest possible amount of gold reward the alt should be lvl 50 and above. The less the level, the less is gold reward.
2. Dailies gold reward CAN BE INCREASED by CP passive, ESO+ and Imperial race.
3. Dailies gold reward is NOT INCREASED by cratf level, craft achievements and any knowledge of traits, motifs, recipes.

Now my observations and questions on the alts... My alts are max character level, max craft level. They all know just a very few traits, a very few purple/gold recipes, a very few motifs - really few.

1. Should I do dailies at Tier 1 or max? Will a max Tier give me more profit? Now I'm doing Tier 1, and her are my observations:

- Tier 1 reward provides a great mats return, I don't have to farm them at all. If I go max, I'm afraid of running out of mats soon
- Tier 1 provides the same amount of gold reward as max tire on lvl 50+ alt
- Tier 1 provides either a low level intricate item or max level on lvl 50+ alt. A low level one is of no use, it goes to NPC merchant. A max level can be sold or used for other alts
- Tier 1 can provide a golden temper - I didn't noice a difference between 1 and max tire regarding golden tempers
- maybe it is just my own RNG, but I feel like Tier 1 reward provide Survey Maps more often than max
- Tier 1 provides no Master Writ, of course. But even my Grand Master Crafter gets master writs very rarely - while she knows almost everything possible (missing PVP recipes and newest motifs)

2. Is Alchemy worth doing, at all? Or maybe I should just sell mats? Or maybe combine both activities? What level is most profitable?

3. What is the best Provisioning level for selling recipes? Tier 1 and max are cheapest... For now I'm doing tire 3 for completing a recipe list of my "Ok-Now-Seriously-The-Final-All-Achievement-Main". But after the list will be completed... Max Tier ? Or some else?

Thank you all in advance. Crafting since 2016 - still knowing nothing :D

Edited: a lot of spelling mistakes. Sorry, English is not my native
Edited by myskyrim26 on October 3, 2021 5:10AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the dailies at whatever Tier you can. Tier 1 will pay for its own resources and does not require an investment of up 70 or 80 Skill Points to max the materials. Once your character has enough skill points to play your role,and craft then invest in the material passives. There is a sliding scale on Gold Temper return as you go up in material level.

I do alchemy at Tier 4, it has the cheapest reagents. However, those Master Alchemy writs are a great way to harvest Champion Points during an experience doubling event.

All levels of Blue and Purple recipes sell for good gold except tier 1 and 6 Blues. I used to have Alts at all levels of Recipe Improvement. Until I got tired of selling recipes. I have 31 million, not a ton by some standards, but more than i will ever spend. Now i chase Master Provisioning Writs for Exp Events.

Bottom line, do as many crafting dailies as you can on as many alts as you can and stay sane and still enjoy the game. The gold will add up at lower tiers almost as fast as upper tiers.

I would not spend more than 30 minutes on crafting writs each day, preferring to play the rest of the game than running around a crafting area.
    Edited by Nestor on October 3, 2021 12:24AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Tier 1 writs are self sufficient. However, the drop rate of gold mats is only about 3% at tier 1, and is 30% at tier 10. For jewelry you get NO chromium at tier 1, and only about a 50% drop rate of any grain, whereas at tier 5 it's guaranteed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQDUjYNQVsIFl0ktkbkSlfYPkzP6pgCOTMQ-qCuzfaI/edit#gid=1959859267

This spreadsheet shows the average value of doing all max tier writs.... it's about 1 million gold per character per month at maximum tier.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQDUjYNQVsIFl0ktkbkSlfYPkzP6pgCOTMQ-qCuzfaI/edit#gid=478860738

This tab shows the average value of doing all minimum tier writs... it's about 400k gold per character per month.

You lose about 60% of the potential value. (very little of this is master writs)

This is not to say that doing writs at tier 1 is bad... it's just not optimal. You are leaving a ton of value on the table.

Survey drop is the same regardless of tier. 1 in 8

2. Alchemy is very much worth doing. Just don't do them at tier 1 or tier 2... those can require corn flower. Higher tiers do not.

I have done a LOT of writs... and that spreadsheet linked shows YEARS of data and collection.

3. For selling recipes... anything on tier 2-5 will be the most valuable. And provisioning is the only one where you lose nothing by doing at lower tier.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real money is in the gold mats, which have a higher chance to drop if you do the max level writs.

However, the even bigger source of gold mats is the crafting surveys, where you get raw mats you can refine, which not only have a good chance to get ample gold mats but also to get enough of the needed mats for crafting writs again.

I do max level writs on 10 characters pretty much every day and i have not had to buy a single mat to do those writs in years. The surveys are enough to sustain making writs and quite literally have made me millions of gold.
    bye1.gif

• myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor,
    @tmbrinks,
    @SirAndy

Well, now I see REAL Grand Master Crafters! Thank you so much! A lot of things to think on and to study!

• myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maxed all my alts -spent all skillpoints to cratf. Looking forward to get a profit!!! Thank you so much, guys!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note, also spend skill points in your Extraction Passives for all the skills so that when you refine you get more tempers. IIRC, for Enchanting, I think speccing the Aspect Passive helps in getting Kutas from Hierlings, but for sure you need the extraction passive there.

Also, invest in Hirelings. They are a great source of mats that are otherwise pesky to obtain.

Note, once you starting doing top Tier Alchemy when the game asks for Health Potions it will take the Tri Pots that are named Health instead of the single attribute health potions. Grrr. Which is why I do Tier 4 Alchemy.....
    Edited by Nestor on October 4, 2021 12:19AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"