The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armory and CP 2.0: could they be a problem together?

BejaProphet
BejaProphet
✭✭✭✭✭
Upfront: I am a fan of CP 2.0. And I’m so excited about armory I almost don’t want to play until it comes out.

But when I consider them together I foresee them creating a problem for ongoing character advancement.

Plan for CP 2.0 is so that you can horizontally progress for a long long time. Further XP is always meaningful because I can gain more and more flexibility. You may or may not think it works but that is the aim.

Enter armory. Now at a much lower CP, I can get all the flexibility I could ever want. I no longer need to purchase 8 nodes and swap them around situationally. Now, if I can simply purchase 4 nodes, then I get every node and every combination I could want via armory.

Armory will kill horizontal character advancement, which is by design the only advancement at a very early point.

How can this be helped? I don’t want armory changed. Im very pleased with it. But how can prolonged character advancement be preserved in its presence?
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends how you plan to use the armory system. If you play multiple roles or switch frequently between PvE and PvP you'll still need to gain further xp in order to have flexibility within those roles and content types. Now if you only ever play one role and don't switch between PvE and PvP then yeah you can use the armory to sort of cheat the cp system. But keep in mind you only get 1 alternate build for free and have to pay for additional specs. So I think such frivolous use of the armory won't be common ground.
  • Artemis_X_
    Artemis_X_
    ✭✭✭
    The cynic in me would look at the armory and cp 2.0 slotable stars and wonder how much the cp system was designed with purchasable armory slots in mind from the very start.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armory is not meant to be like the add-ons where you make like 7 builds per character and then have a seperate add-on for swapping stars too.

It costs money to get more Armory builds.

I see Armory as a way to completely respec your character from 1 role to another with a button click. Eg. from Tank to Healer to Stamina DPS to Magcika DPS to Stamina PVP, etc.

So unless you're a fat whale that wants to spend most likely 1500 crowns per Armory slot, on every single character, I doubt it would invalidate leveling your CP higher.

What you would most likely do is have a Stamina DPS Armory build with the most common stars picked for that build, then once you're in, swap them how you see fit.

I mean sure, if you don't have an interest to swap roles, then maybe you have different Armory builds for CP too, but I just don't see that as the primary focus and intent behind a system like this.. especially since add-ons for swapping gear/stars will still exist for free.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit