The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Khajiit Racial Passives, Looks Like Monetization

valyink
valyink
✭✭
I don’t want to say anything other than khajiit racial passives need reworked if the current crit damage cap remains in place. Past changes caused them to be top dps for a a few patches. One could argue that people shouldn’t have payed for a race change for 1% more dps, but endgamers that care about there performance in the game a lot will do these kind of things. Zos either needs to rework the khajiit racial passives to not include crit damage as it’s worth much less now with the new cap, or provide some free race change tokens as they have in the past. I’m sure it wasn’t based off this but it does look somewhat of a means for Zos to sell more crowns.
Edited by valyink on September 22, 2021 6:25PM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I recently switched one of my nightblades to khajit because I wanted to make a cheesy crit damage stacking ganker with as much crit damage as I could get. I had a build planned for 160% using a battle axe.

I'm kind of pissed they are adding a crit cap but from what I have read, players crit resistance effectively raises the cap. So if I have 150% crit damage, but my target has 25% crit resist, I will still hit for 125 which is the cap. Hopefully that's the case anyway.

For pve, this totally sucks for khajit. You can choose to switch around your cp, sets, and not use minor force.. but none of those things would be optimal if it weren't for this artificial cap so it feels bad. Hopefully khajit is still performing okay when the dust settles.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    I recently switched one of my nightblades to khajit because I wanted to make a cheesy crit damage stacking ganker with as much crit damage as I could get. I had a build planned for 160% using a battle axe.

I'm kind of pissed they are adding a crit cap but from what I have read, players crit resistance effectively raises the cap. So if I have 150% crit damage, but my target has 25% crit resist, I will still hit for 125 which is the cap. Hopefully that's the case anyway.

For pve, this totally sucks for khajit. You can choose to switch around your cp, sets, and not use minor force.. but none of those things would be optimal if it weren't for this artificial cap so it feels bad. Hopefully khajit is still performing okay when the dust settles.

It's the case, because you don't have an hard cap (like speed) but a soft cap (like armor, you can go beyond 33k because player can reduce armor, or in this case crit dmg)
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    (Completely theoretical, not real... yet.)

Khajiit
    • Feline Ambush: Increases your Critical Chance by 7% instead of Critical Damage and Healing by 12%.
    • This continues to effect damage and healing.

Developer Comments:
    • Due to the recent introduction of a critical damage cap, we've decided to udpate Khajiit's to better reflect the "play as you want" mantra. We realise you can lower Critical Damage by unslotting CP stars or using other weapons besides axes, but we found it was still a bit too punishing for them seeing as some classes include a base 10% critical damage bonus quickly pushing Khajiit's to a point of very little wiggle room. Instead, we will be going back to their original design before the Racial Rebalances.
    • We find the change also helps be a more universal passive for all build types, rather than only being useful for players that stacked critical chance high enough to utilize it in the first place.

(Math in game shows the ratio for Crit Chance to Crit Damage is around 1:1.6 to 1:1.8. I used a ratio of 1:1.7 as a middle ground).
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 22, 2021 8:44PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, do not ask for Khajiit nerfs. The race has literally been garbage as dps for many years. Asking for nerfs because people are willing to pay money to race change because they're min-maxers doesn't mean the race needs nerfing.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • valyink
    valyink
    ✭✭
    No, do not ask for Khajiit nerfs. The race has literally been garbage as dps for many years. Asking for nerfs because people are willing to pay money to race change because they're min-maxers doesn't mean the race needs nerfing.
    We’ll this is just incorrect, they’re currently the BIS option for mag dps and second best for Stam dps in PVE, these crit dmg changes are a nerf to their current standing, which is what worries to many of that spent the crowns to race change as they’ve only been bis for two patches. Min maxers shouldn’t need to pay for race changes every patch just because Zos can’t keep the meta stable at all for more than a few months, it’s kind of exhausting at this point.
  • pandazooka
    pandazooka
    ✭✭
    valyink wrote: »
    I don’t want to say anything other than khajiit racial passives need reworked if the current crit damage cap remains in place. Past changes caused them to be top dps for a a few patches. One could argue that people shouldn’t have payed for a race change for 1% more dps, but endgamers that care about there performance in the game a lot will do these kind of things. Zos either needs to rework the khajiit racial passives to not include crit damage as it’s worth much less now with the new cap, or provide some free race change tokens as they have in the past. I’m sure it wasn’t based off this but it does look somewhat of a means for Zos to sell more crowns.

Another possibility is that it puts them at a better position because they can run one fewer crit damage CP, ability or gear set and use something else instead.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll change it in two patches, sagely nodding their heads and saying that Khajiit were disparately impacted by the Critical Damage cap... as though people didn't warn them about it when the cap was proposed.

They nerfed Argonian's Resourceful passive with Flames of Ambition, stating that they were "Slightly adjusting some Racial Passives now that Champion Points have been reworked." They nerfed Rejuvenation last patch and they still haven't adjusted Resourceful to match.

Also worth noting that they increased Khajiit's Critical Damage done with Feline Ambush in Flames of Ambition. So they deliberately pushed Khajiit for Critical Damage (and added Backstabber and Fighting Finesse)... and now blame mean nasty "groups who are coordinating many sources of these bonuses and producing extraordinary results of damage or healing" for utilizing Critical Damage buffs.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. No race should get crit chance when they have continuously nerfed crit chance for everyone else.

Stop pretending that suggestion would be balanced.

Also, things getting stronger or weaker changes every patch. That's a core principle of ESO at this point.
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a Nerf for Khajiit. Is a nerf for all. Khajiit are actually in a better place than most with more choices of CP, skills (Don't have to slot trap or Channeled) and even some armor choices. Anyone who race changes because Khajiit have built in Crit Damage is being silly and not looking at the big picture. As I said it is a high end damage nerf for all but Khajiit are less impacted than most because they will have more choices of how to deal with the changes.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a Nerf for Khajiit. Is a nerf for all. Khajiit are actually in a better place than most with more choices of CP, skills (Don't have to slot trap or Channeled) and even some armor choices. Anyone who race changes because Khajiit have built in Crit Damage is being silly and not looking at the big picture. As I said it is a high end damage nerf for all but Khajiit are less impacted than most because they will have more choices of how to deal with the changes.

That's one way of looking at it.

Another way to look at it is that before the nerf, a Khajiit NB was capable of achieving among the best burst in the game because Khajiits and the Nightblade toolkit were both designed around doing higher crit damage & lower sustained damage, while other class/race combos were designed around doing better sustained damage, healing, and/or sustain, but lower crit damage. Now, literally every class/race combo in the game will be able to match Khajiit NBs crit damage, on top of whatever other benefits their spec came with.

I certainly consider this to be a nerf to my PVP Khajiit magblade, considering my Breton can easily be right next to the Khajiit at the crit cap, but with much better sustain.

Of course, we wouldn't even be having this conversation in the first place if ZOS didn't decide to go on an "everything adds crit damage" rampage, but that's what they do — they create unnecessary problems and then "fix" them, when they should have just left well enough alone.
    Edited by Langeston on September 24, 2021 1:54AM
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a khajiit once. Somehow I was not at 125 crit bonus. Not sure how I managed that. 🤔
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another way to alleviate concerns regarding the Critical damage ceiling: Use the Malacath’s Band of Brutality since it reduces Critical Damage by 50%
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • beardedJoe
    beardedJoe
    ✭✭✭
    I have a khajiit nightblade they reduced
    Crit damage on the class now put a cap in CRIT I feel like they should give all khajiits a race change token.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m very unhappy with this change. I was enjoying my PVE Khajiit mag nightblade with daggers.

Why ZOS kill build variety? 😞 Caps and standardization, etc. are no fun.

I didn’t race change to Khajiit nor will I race change to anything else now, but it was nice to have a different build and playstyle that I enjoyed with that character.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine how the non top races feel.
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been a Khajiit fan and have mained Khajiit in every single Elder Scrolls game for over 10 years now. A race change token is worthless to me because I don't want to be a different race. I want ZOS to stop changing everything every single patch.

That said, ZOS will still change things regardless, so Khajiit definitely deserve reworked racial passives. I like the crit chance suggestion. A lot. Current meta is 1pc slimecraw and 1pc Zaan/Gruundwulf/Iceheart/etc to maximize crit chance after the crit chance nerf and that would free up a monster set to compensate for Khajiit not having very good passives. I would also like to see the other Khajiit passives buffed as well, since compared to Dunmer, which gets 1.9k mag and stam, plus 258 weapon and spell damage, they suck. Khajiit only gets a 915 bonus to resources and the bonus crit damage is now irrelevant. So if Khajiit passives aren't changed, we're going to go from being SS-tier DPS to C-tier DPS in one patch.

And on the topic of crit, now that crit damage has a hard cap, the crit chance nerf from last year should be reverted. Sets should go back to giving 833 as it was before, and the CP passive star should be adjusted as well. If they want us to use monster sets in PvE, then give us a reason to not slot 1pc Slimecraw and 1pc Zaan by buffing crit chance bonuses back to where they were before.
    Edited by Vylaera on September 28, 2021 6:37AM
    Vy • lae • ra
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

the problem is that even though they can drop cp points to use other ones, the other cp options kinda don't compete with the racials of dark elf/altmer which is what you have to compare them with. khajiit is a damage loss.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been a Khajiit fan and have mained Khajiit in every single Elder Scrolls game for over 10 years now. A race change token is worthless to me because I don't want to be a different race. I want ZOS to stop changing everything every single patch.

That said, ZOS will still change things regardless, so Khajiit definitely deserve reworked racial passives.

Same. Only race ive played for years. An update for their passives would be nice, but not required. Just no nerfs.
    Min-maxers gonna drop the race anyway.

That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Snaggel
    Snaggel
    ✭✭✭
    Another way to alleviate concerns regarding the Critical damage ceiling: Use the Malacath’s Band of Brutality since it reduces Critical Damage by 50%

One of the contributing reasons why Crit is so strong is because of The Harpooners Wading Kilt, which you wouldn't be able to use if you were to use Malacath.

The second concern is that you'd have to go over the crit cap by nearly as much as Malacath's Band would remove from you, which is not very easily or practically attainable.