The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vAS+2 Players Dying to Nothing

DuckFayth
DuckFayth
✭✭✭
In our IR prog currently players are dropping dead to nothing?
This has happened between pulls even when out of combat. Those who are dying are only seeing "Environmental Damage" as their exact HP listed on their death recap and are completely untargetable to be res'd. The deaths don't show up on ESO logs at all and the players have had to PTE to leave the instance completely in order to rejoin the fight. I'll be filing a ticket as well with a video showing some of the random deaths including the one while we were out of combat and resetting.

jkhg928y0uxv.png
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just equip Mighty Chudan, Plague Doctor, and Beekeeper’s!

And now for something tentatively constructive: in another thread, it was suggested that it was getting too close to the pillars that caused this. Was that the issue for your group as well, or was it just random?

Either way, ZOS is aware. No ETA, unfortunately.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/585900/bug-asylum-sanctorium#latest
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I wonder if it breaks IR. I remember a group got Godslayer with 35/36 vitality because environmental damage didn’t count toward achievement deaths.

As for the source, I think that’s just a kill zone added so players don’t cheat and kill the boss from outside the map. Likely desynced and killing players within the arena.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on September 8, 2021 2:24AM
  • doctorosen
    You're not alone. My group also fell out of the blue and read in the log that the death of the ort of the environment. I have a video. https://youtu.be/4U4MqN9n_zc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9uRmrvy7ok
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Just equip Mighty Chudan, Plague Doctor, and Beekeeper’s!

And now for something tentatively constructive: in another thread, it was suggested that it was getting too close to the pillars that caused this. Was that the issue for your group as well, or was it just random?

Either way, ZOS is aware. No ETA, unfortunately.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/585900/bug-asylum-sanctorium#latest

Thanks for the link, good to know! I also submitted a report yesterday shortly after this.

A few of the deaths were near pillars but plenty were killed in the dead center of the room. One person even died, disappeared, and their body then reappeared on the entrance. Part of the frustration is these people are then unable to be res'd or targeted by anything afterward. They need to PTE to rejoin the fight which is valuable time lost and means when they rejoin the encounter they might be ported in during a mechanic that will then kill them anyways while they loadscreen.

It also seemed to target 4 specific people VS the whole raid group. I was GH running around like a madman, you'd imagine kill volumes would get me, but I was untouched compared to lane 2, lane 6 and TH.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We tried vAS hm today, and because it one shots u when ur near one of the lights, and there is a light in the middle of the front, it kept one shotting the tank healer. If Olms is steaming, the TH has to go against the front wall, and there is a light right there. And they can't be rez'd so wiped the whole run. ZOS we need a fix on this ASAP.
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    Our RL also discovered jumping increases your chances of death by quite a lot. Jumping near any of the lights seems to nearly guarantee you die. However, people who didn't jump were still also dying and people not near light posts were also dying as well.
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    More examples of dying while out of combat and two of the common locations.

https://youtu.be/z2GQpAUA8P4
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to add to this. Is there any kind of ETA on a fix for 'falling through the floor' in AS. We had to stop progress here as we were losing 2-3 people each attempt to environmental damage. Can't even rez them. Now having to start over elsewhere due to no feedback from devs as to when a potential fix may go through.

kind of annoying to progress so far and then get raid-blocked by a ZoS rather than anything we did.

*edit* - Yeah jumping seems to increase the chance of replicating the error, but it is not exclusively jumping, you can just run over a random spot and die for no reason. We tried, the 'no one is allowed to jump' thing, but still lost people , regardless
    Edited by pklemming on September 17, 2021 12:01PM
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    I don't expect an update on patch day but I would also appreciate an update at some point. My IR prog is running again because we can't just stop for an unknown amount of time. We'll get practice even if not IR.

Someone please blink once if it's being worked on and blink twice if we should never go in vAS again xD
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was this not fixed in the first patch after it was reported? This trial is practically unplayable with people insta dying if they jump or go to close to the lights step, or randomly and then being unable to be rez'd.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi, everyone. Just wanted to follow up here. We have identified the issue and the Dev team is currently working on a fix for this. No eta on the fix yet, but we are actively working on a solution. We will update as soon as we can. Thank you all for your continued patience.

Thanks for the ping, @colossalvoids.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi, everyone. Just wanted to follow up here. We have identified the issue and the Dev team is currently working on a fix for this. No eta on the fix yet, but we are actively working on a solution. We will update as soon as we can. Thank you all for your continued patience.

Thanks for the ping, @colossalvoids.

Thanks for the update @ZOS_Kevin , much appreciated!
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks much for the update Kevin