The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[BUG] Asylum Sanctorium.

quake89
quake89
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin Hi guys, there is a bug in Asylum Sanctorium where players can be one-shot by environmental damage. Appears to happen when near a pillar. Might be that the game thinks there is an elevation change or you're trying to escape the combat area.

Please, can you send it to the BUG team to look into?
thanks
PC -EU
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for flagging this, @quake89. We have shared this with the dev team and they are going to take a look and address this. No timing available yet on when this will be fixed, but it is on the list. Thanks again!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried vAShm today (vAS is the weekly) and because it hits u when near to one of the lights, it one shots the tank healer, and you can't be rez'd. So wipes the whole run. Please can we have an ETA on this?
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had this happen the other day. Thankfully, it was right after the fight was over and the boss was dead. On the death recap, under Hints, it said, “Try installing more addons to carry you.” Well, I do run a lot of addons. But did you have to call me out? Lol

Edited by Pevey on September 10, 2021 8:26PM
  • Marcelovski
    Marcelovski
    ✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    I had this happen the other day. Thankfully, it was right after the fight was over and the boss was dead. On the death recap, under Hints, it said, “Try installing more addons to carry you.” Well, I do run a lot of addons. But did you have to call me out? Lol

That's an addon showing funny death recaps, not the game itself. :p
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh, is this true? I’ll never know because I’ll never play without my addons. :)
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, is this true? I’ll never know because I’ll never play without my addons. :)
    In Hodor Reflexes, for example, there is an option to enable/disable "Toxic Mode" at the bottom of the addon settings. I believe some other addons also overwrite in-game hints, but don't have a list.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or what about the bug in vAS+2 where Olms gets too close to entrance and resets but the mini’s stay there to fight you. My team calls that “Double Secret Superhardmode.” Can we at least get an achievement for clearing that?
  • Rootmender_Inky
    Rootmender_Inky
    ✭✭✭
    Cant kite heal properly, it kills me when I stand too close to the back in a specific spot. Also, if you jump too many times you die.
    Our progression group had to quit vAS and do other content. Previously it was all with no issues. How can you screw up the floor??? :smile:

Waiting for a patch so we can continue to progress vAS+2.

Good luck ZOS <3
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Hey fix this too if u can @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxf0W-c4EM4

The issue every time when he lands he slowly face right group which can be deadly cuz he can kill them with steam.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    M0ntie wrote: »
    ... and you can't be rez'd. ...

That's the other weird thing about this.
    There is no prompt to rez, only for interaction (you can challenge the dead person to a duel if you want :D ).
    Logging out of the character was the only solution we found to fix that.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    M0ntie wrote: »
    ... and you can't be rez'd. ...

That's the other weird thing about this.
    There is no prompt to rez, only for interaction (you can challenge the dead person to a duel if you want :D ).
    Logging out of the character was the only solution we found to fix that.

Finally a duel I am actually win! 🤣
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zymcio wrote: »
    Hey fix this too if u can @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxf0W-c4EM4

The issue every time when he lands he slowly face right group which can be deadly cuz he can kill them with steam.

As a lane 1-2 veteran I can attest to this. But after seeing it more than my fair share of times pretty much plan for steam breath every time before fanning out to my lane for kite.
  • its_Chalman
    its_Chalman
    ✭✭

Isnt the addons... The hints come from the add on hordor reflexes.. but the reason of death it just what happens.. you just sundentl dies from envaromental damage.. and cant be resed.. had a ir team goin on.. and had to stop becouse the trial is unplayable
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely nothing to do with addons. Was happening random times in multiple spots. Can be replicated over time. We were losing 2-3 people each attempt as they fell through the floor dying to environmental damage. As it stands, currently unplayable, and we have had to postpone vAS progression and move elsewhere until a fix is applied.
  • OhDios
    OhDios
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Another Patch has been deployed and yet no news about this fix.
  • deadwinston
    deadwinston
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, where is the Asylum fix? Ridiculous to leave 1 of the few end-game activities broken for weeks at a time. I had been working on vAS+2 clear for weeks and now it's just bait.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've sent a bug report on this in game as well. Several spots (not sure if they added some sort of kill tile behavior for whatever cheese was going on with this trial long ago?) but players were dying to I believe fall damage just for jumping or crossing certain spots and could not be rezzed once they did. They would have to leave instance, re-enter trial and then rejoin fight.

But our group was thinking of working on IR soon, having random deaths for no reason is certainly a bit more of a challenge than our group needs lol.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

This environmental damage bug is back. It is killing players even after boss has died. We checked that it isn't being close to walls, jumping, lights, or recent deaths after the fight and 5 people could die at random anywhere in the arena by running around until it hit them. We bugged it.

The main problem is it prevents the victim from rezzing at all while combat is on (killed the tank healer) and only allows rezzing at wayshrine out of combat.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Had this last night as well. We weren't a full group so we had a handful of companions out, so the bug was exceptionally bad - I (tank) hit it as soon as I walked in and couldn't be rezzed, along with one of the DPS, and then Olms just started wiping the group one by one. But nobody could rez us because we were 'out of bounds,' and out companions were just standing there... keeping us stuck in combat.

We eventually had to leave group one-by-one so we could port out, rez, then come back in while the instance was still up.

A couple of the DPS found the spots during Olms' jumps so they were cut out from the rest of the fight, but we did manage to take him down with almost half a group. One person even found the dead zone after the fight was over too.

At least it was a group of friends so we were laughing the entire time, but surprise unrezzable deaths are a major problem in a trial.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had an amusing experience with this the other day. After a cloudrest run, 3 people from the run went to asylum just to mess around and see what random things would kill them. I was the last to arrive, and was running down the long hallway between the doors and Olms area, when one of the others accidentally pulled the boss. I got the "joining encounter in progress* message and teleported into the fight area, only to arrive dead to environmental damage.
  • OhDios
    OhDios
    ✭✭✭
    " The Elder Scrolls Online v7.1.8 is a smaller incremental patch that includes a fix during the fight with Saint Olms in Asylum Sanctorum Your character will no longer inexplicably die to environmental damage during the fight with Saint Olms."

Thank you very much!
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    This trial is still bugged. Cone from llothis is a one shot. Environmental damage is still one shot, even if you’re away from previous points. Felms will jump to kite even when held properly, group healer is in range for first jump. Olms does whatever, premature jumps, turn and steams group randomly, Llothis will bolt people even when five people are interrupting him. Felms will randomly break taunt and run around killing everyone one shot before enraged. Seems like you fixed though…….
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asylum Sanctorium came out 5 years ago. These kind of changes to super old content need to stop.....

In an effort to “update” Llothis bolts interruptible telegraph, they have managed to break the cone ability, break Bolts telegraph, break cone telegraph, and more. It seems like there’s always something related to this trial in the patch notes and you always have a new bug to watch out for each patch. They even had to redo how Llothis bolts worked because of how broken it became.

Just makes no sense tbh. I think the last time I ran this trial protectors were walking around with their shielding active and Llothis could walk while channeling bolts lol.
    Edited by Vaoh on December 18, 2021 3:43PM