Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please stay with the subscription model ZOS

frosttbite
frosttbite
Soul Shriven
Just putting my 2 cents in the whole business model debate.

I beg you ZOS, please stay with the subscription model. Do not go f2p or b2p, I will cry or even worse, leave this game, if you change business models. So please, I beg of you, stay subscription based.
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    +1.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, it would be the worst thing ever. Because f2p is p2w or no-life to win.
  • shandrew82
    shandrew82
    ✭✭
    As much as I don't like paying a sub fee, I do agree 100% that it needs to stay!
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    Yea, it would be the worst thing ever. Because f2p is p2w or no-life to win.

completely agree....and p2w is just dumb.

• alagos
    alagos
    Soul Shriven
    +1
  • deheartb14_ESO
    There are many interesting and potentially fun FTP (buy to win) games out there that are not actually worth wasting time in unless you want to spend 2-5 times more money than you would in a subscription model. Most are significantly limited in what you can get, what you can do, and what level you can reach.

Fallen Earth, DC Universe online, Star Wars The Old Republic, and The Secret World are all games that I purchased during subscription model that ended up going free to play and I eventually found them not worth my time anymore. The only other MMO that I purchased is WoW, which has been kiddified for easy play of 2 year olds and became boring, so that was out a long time ago.

The fact that there is a possibility that this game might go FTP puts a bad taste in my mouth. Honestly, having been burned with the buy to win mechanics of FTP games, I will leave and try another sub type MMO game if they do confirm it officially and consider my time spent playing enjoyable but over.

So Please *Don't Go Free To Play*.
    This is my Signature, but not really because I didn't sign it with a pen and its not my name.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet Another Plus One:

NO PAY TO WIN. NO FREE TO PLAY.

Within; Without.
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I left wow years ago but now it is the only decent game of the 3rd gem MMO's to be subscribed.

I refuse to pay the F2P games or to p;ay them. I KNOW what they are all about, I do not rely on supposition but from cold hard analysis garnered from a lot of real exprience.

ESO is fine as it is, it has a massive cult following and should be able to survive as a Pay to play for many years.

For the F2P advocates, go play an F2P cos in the end they are all the same and you do nobody any favours for wishing that model on the TESO community.
    <Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • Winke
    Winke
    ✭✭✭
    No F2P and add a longer subscription option plz! :)
    :: Winke::Breton Templar::Merchant::
    ::Koke::Argonian Dragon Knight:: Bard::
    The Obsidian Brotherhood
    "Eldest, that's what I am...he remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside.."
  • rhubbert_ESO
    rhubbert_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Stay with sub please, thanks
    Iris Umbra// Stamina Nightblade // Aldmeri Dominion
  • Aria
    Aria
    ✭✭✭
    "Looks up to see if the sky is falling?"

Why would anyone worry about something thats not even in the foreseeable future?
    Unless they have posted they are even considering it, everyone needs to stop having panic attacks.
    Silver Dragon Legion
    "The adult, casual no drama guild you've been waiting for!"
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Aria wrote: »

Why would anyone worry about something thats not even in the foreseeable future?
    Unless they have posted they are even considering it, everyone needs to stop having panic attacks.

Nothing wrong with being pro-active. We don't need them going all SOE on us :)
  • fozzybear
    fozzybear
    Soul Shriven
    +1 please stay Sub based, no f2p p2w b2p.
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    Also for subscription ^.^ warms my heart to see you all agree lol.
  • spinedoc
    spinedoc
    ✭✭✭
    Sub vote here. People don't realize you end up paying MORE for f2p games.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only played one MMO before this one. It was a b2p and I never found myself disadvantaged in any shape or form because of this (17 months play from the particular game & still going).
    Whether this game stays p2p or goes b2p or f2p will not determine my decision about whether or not I continue to play.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Only played one MMO before this one. It was a b2p and I never found myself disadvantaged in any shape or form because of this (17 months play from the particular game & still going).
    Whether this game stays p2p or goes b2p or f2p will not determine my decision about whether or not I continue to play.

Two problems with this lol.

A. you clearly don't know what most free to play games are like.

B. you don't know "what" makes them bad.

What makes a free to play a problem and a pay to win is when it "wasn't set up to be a free to play" games that were built from day one to be a free to play offer things that don't impact game play directly but simply make things like leveling "easier".

"well why don't they do that?" you might ask well you see in order to make money off of offering less frustrating leveling and grinding the grinding and leveling needs to be built to be the prefect level of frustrating not so much that people leave but enough that they might consider paying money to save themselves time.

If you want a example of what happens when a subscription based game goes free to play look at SWTOR because leveling is easy and not frustrating they had to "create" frustrations such as locking things like sprinting and the ability to raid and pvp behind a pay wall this in turn makes a terrible and often pay to win game.
  • Ashbo
    Ashbo
    Soul Shriven
    oldkye wrote: »

What makes a free to play a problem and a pay to win is when it "wasn't set up to be a free to play" games that were built from day one to be a free to play offer things that don't impact game play directly but simply make things like leveling "easier".

"well why don't they do that?" you might ask well you see in order to make money off of offering less frustrating leveling and grinding the grinding and leveling needs to be built to be the prefect level of frustrating not so much that people leave but enough that they might consider paying money to save themselves time.

If you want a example of what happens when a subscription based game goes free to play look at SWTOR because leveling is easy and not frustrating they had to "create" frustrations such as locking things like sprinting and the ability to raid and pvp behind a pay wall this in turn makes a terrible and often pay to win game.

I agree with this. I have played SWTOR, and the leveling was so ridiculously easy as F2P and Subbed. At one point they even added where a F2P player could only receive a certain amount of experience. Also, with the F2P model you could only have a max amount of 200k in your inventory. Which was another added frustration.

It is a pay to win game, and I would be upset if ESO went F2P.

Stay Sub model!
    AshboUserbar2_zps7671156a.png
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oldkye wrote: »

If you read what I said my only experience is from a b2p game; not free to play.

Certainly have no expectations of this game going b2p or f2p any time soon or at all for that matter. Not that it will make a difference to me. What i get out of an individual game determines whether or not I keep playing.
    Edited by phairdon on April 29, 2014 10:33PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    Is it sad that these types of threads are already popping up before the first month of the game is over? I find it a bit disconcerting that they are. Never have a I played a game with this many F2P threads and speculation coming out. Either the dev's need to come in and flat out reject it or their silence actually means they're contemplating it, which makes it even worse.

I'll keep my sub month to month if at all because of this and various other reasons.
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    Is it sad that these types of threads are already popping up before the first month of the game is over? I find it a bit disconcerting that they are. Never have a I played a game with this many F2P threads and speculation coming out. Either the dev's need to come in and flat out reject it or their silence actually means they're contemplating it, which makes it even worse.

I'll keep my sub month to month if at all because of this and various other reasons.

People are worried cause like for the SWTOR example pretty much decided to switch to free to play shortly after release because they didn't feel they had enough subscriptions and was one just under a year after release.

This unfortunately has become the norm with so many people now feeling entitled to not have to pay monthly for a online game(though as a group they spend more in the long run) most companies that "do" put out a subscription model already have the F2P version ready to fire out as soon as they determine it's not making enough money(and in SWTOR's case again that was anything under a million players which is high expectations for any MMO).

So people can't help but worry about it around launch as the launch and the months after are the biggest deciding factor.

It's not a baseless fear anymore.
    Edited by oldkye on April 29, 2014 11:14PM
  • fozzybear
    fozzybear
    Soul Shriven
    i was so disappointed when SWTOR went f2p with all this pay extra crap that even a sub at that time didn't offer you the same as pre f2p. I DO NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TO ESO, i payed a huge chunk of money for the game as everyone here has and we are all apparently willing to pay the sub.
    SWTOR went down because people were leaving because of lack of the endgame content, but i still played and enjoyed it nevertheless but f2p killed it absolutely for me. I still have my account i payed for (costed more than eso CE) and never touched the ingame money (cash shop money) they gave me for having a sub.
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    If it ever does go f2p i'll be gone before that happens.
    But don't think that will happen any time soon so enjoy the game
    i know i am. B)
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • frosttbite
    frosttbite
    Soul Shriven
    Aria wrote: »

I hear a lot of kiddies complaining about the sub fee, so I thought I'd post that I like the sub fee so that ZOS doesn't think that their whole player base want what those kiddies without jobs want.

• frosttbite
    frosttbite
    Soul Shriven

The reason people speculate this *** is mainly because of SWTOR and what happened to it. Fortunately ESO is dev'd by ZOS not EA (EA are ***).
  • pokebreaker
    pokebreaker
    ✭✭
    I could care less what they do with this game. Whether it goes F2P or stays sub, my time playing will eventually come to an end in the next couple of months. Some games being Free doesn't always make them more enjoyable, and some games just aren't enjoyable to everyone regardless. Most F2P games I have, get about an hour or so of my time each day, if even that.
    However, when I subscribe to a game (or service), I give it the bulk of my time, to get my moneys worth out of it. So when I get bored of a Sub game, I rarely ever come back to even think about playing it again, because I've already deemed it not even worth the measly $15 sub cost. F2P games, I tend to come back to (and recommend others play) more often than Subs, purely because of the ease of access. I also recognize the issues that come with a game going F2P, and wouldn't wish that on a brand new game (that wasn't designed around it), or it's player base.

Not a poke at the devs, because they are very talented. Just not really the game for me, but we'll see how it finishes out.
  • frosttbite
    frosttbite
    Soul Shriven
    Just stay with the sub fee, whatever you do ZOS...