The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Werewolf skills are fun to use. They feel powerful, and transforming into a werewolf offers you a unique play style that mixes up how we approach combat without hurting our combat experience.

Vampire skills are boring to use. They don't feel powerful, and they don't have nearly as much positive functional use as werewolf skills. In fact, being a vampire even goes as far as to hurt the rest of our combat experience with increased ability costs and negative stat changes.

With the proposed change to Mist Form in Update 32, the one skill that felt kind of felt fun for Vampire (in rare/specific situations), playing as a vampire is even less attractive.
Please rework the Vampire skill line. It's so boring and undesirable. The proposed Mist Form change only highlights this further.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the bright side we wont have to go out and get both curses for our new armory build slots...?

I can't even think of a reason to be a vampire in PvE right now.
    love is love
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side we wont have to go out and get both curses for our new armory build slots...?

Blood for Blood with the Pale Order Ring for solo content.

That's about it now. :disappointed:
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it down or they’ll nerf werewolves next.

But seriously, if they are going to nerf vampires skills at least have the decency to just change the skill to make it more useable and less likely to be exploited in content.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice how it's always the weaker of the two that is always getting more nerfs
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is also a change I do not agree with, you should not beable to cure your vampirism at the armory station, there is no commitment anymore, same with Lycanthropy, also what about if you have one build who is a Vampire but you then back up to the shrine with your non-Vampire build, what will happen?
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on September 20, 2021 6:33PM
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I miss the old vampire skill in all honesty. It had some actual usefulness for Magicka DPS builds.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice how it's always the weaker of the two that is always getting more nerfs
    WW is not getting any nerfs because there is not really much left to be nerfed. Nerfs have already happened. I don't see a lot of WW around. In PvP or in PvE vet dungeons - Hence they are pretty much an RP thing.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WW is Stamina, and ZOS now for 3 years buffs Stamina.
    Vamps are Magicka, and ZOS now for 3 years nerfs Magicka.

When I play WW, the skills feel natural and useful.
    When I play Vamp, the skills feel artificial and lacking (some even useless).

When I play WW, I play it mostly for the skills.
    When I play Vamp, I play it mostly for the passives.

Now another Vamp skill is finally completely useless.
    IMHO, the designers of this Vampire mess should be ashamed.

WW is not getting any nerfs because there is not really much left to be nerfed.
    My WW StamWarden combined with Gaze of Sithis is the most OP toon I have.
    He already can hardly die in human form, and the WW Ulti sustain helps a lot.
    And when he is close to die, I just switch to WW and have one extra life.
    I then can wreak WW havok against a baffled enemy or just run away if outnumbered.
    This is my best toon for BGs, I really have nothing at all to complain about WWs.

Edited by BalticBlues on September 20, 2021 7:01PM