Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

option to disable combat music

Sergg007
Sergg007
✭✭✭✭
Or it should start when health decreases to 50% or less. Killing a crab to such epic music looks silly. It should start when you are truly in danger, or when the fight goes on for a long time.
Edited by Sergg007 on September 6, 2021 9:39PM
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I say, accept it. Never take sound, song or even music for granted, no matter how silly it is.

One day, an accident might happen, and deaf (and in pain and on a cocktail of meds.)

Plus should be an option to turn down music in your menu tab. Granted I believe this is for all music though. Been a few years, for obvious reasons.
    Edited by StormeReigns on February 20, 2020 3:59PM
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand the meaning of what you said. English foreign language to me. Perhaps you tried to make a joke, but I'm talking quite seriously.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Morrowind, I'd be minding my own business when the battle music started. Look up to spot a cliff racer who decided I'd make a good lunch or start looking at the ground for the mudcrab stalking me.

In Oblivion, I'd get the epic battle music and start looking around for that rat I just knew was hopping towards me, somewhere.

Its pretty much an Elder Scrolls staple at this point.
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of epic battle music are you guys talking about? Every time I am in battle with anything that isn't a world boss, all I get to hear are those annoying combat drums, which aren't epic at all.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vizikul wrote: »
    annoying combat drums

Yes, I don’t want to hear it, there should be an option to disable it or what I described above.

• StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergg007 wrote: »
    I do not understand the meaning of what you said. English foreign language to me. Perhaps you tried to make a joke, but I'm talking quite seriously.

No joke about suffering an accident that takes you from healthy and happy, to being deaf and missing out on the simplest of things and sounds.

No matter how "annoying" it may be. The seriousness of it is to not take it for granted without already using what has been provided. Its in your menu, turn down music, go on with life.
    Edited by StormeReigns on February 20, 2020 4:16PM
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergg007 wrote: »

No joke about suffering an accident that takes you from healthy and happy, to being deaf and missing out on the simplest of things and sounds.

No matter how "annoying" it may be. The seriousness of it is to not take it for granted without already using what has been provided. Its in your menu, turn down music, go on with life.

I think you did not understand the meaning of this topic. I don’t want to turn off all the music, this is part of the game atmosphere, and I love this music. But the battle music is annoying!
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just turn music off for true immersion.

My greatest wish is to be allowed to mute the opening Splash Screen's music when you boot up the game, which is sadly the only thing in the game unaffected by volume sliders, and comes in like wrecking ball.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another solution is to just disable in-game music and then play whichever tracks from the actual ESO score you prefer, or heck, from any Elder Scrolls game.

I prefer my own playlist which is categorized by:
    1. Elder Scrolls Game
      • Oblivion
      • Skyrim
      • ESO
    2. Location
      • Cave
      • Towns
      • Delves
      • Public Dungeons
      • Group Dungeons
      • Trials
    3. Activity
      • PVE
      • PVP
      • RP
    4. Time of Day
      • Day
      • Night

There are loads of tracks available from all the Elder Scrolls games that you can just pop into a media player and have at it, without having to worry about constant unwanted score-changes from entering and exiting combat.
    Edited by OmniDo on February 20, 2020 4:57PM
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is still important to me!
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree, I just turned music off long time ago and now listens only Spotify when play, sometimes ESO soundtrack which is ridicolous to listen game music from outside source when actually playing a game :D

It would be also nice to have option to play battle music only when you fight something like serious like world boss. It just stupic to activate battle music with any fight when whole world is just packed with trash mobs every 5 meters. It's just impossible to calmly listen atmosphere music when adventuring through zone, because eniemies are almost everywhere -for me it's just poor design.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    well said!
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. I would actually enable music in game if this was an option.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should separate the combat and ambient music from each other so i can close the combat music but keep the ambient one running.
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is what we want here
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong post . 😅
    Edited by leetacakesb16_ESO on September 7, 2021 10:34AM
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There will combat music option in Q4 DLC!

If I remembered right - there will option to turn off combat music completely or turn it only on boss fights!
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that change on stream today and I'm quite excited. I may turn the in game music back on for the first time in years. I find the in game music quite enjoyable, but never liked that I really only ever heard the combat music most times.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will combat music option in Q4 DLC!

If I remembered right - there will option to turn off combat music completely or turn it only on boss fights!
    Woah, it only took 7 years to realise that people dont want to hear same single track of combat music that plays every time you fight, no matter who is enemy, mudcrab or dragon :|
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank God for this. That dang battle drums has been getting stuck for me awhile now and the only thing that will stop it is logging out and closing the game. Even changing characters will not stop it. Can't wait 🤠
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is true I will literally celebrate irl. I haven't turned on music in this game since 2014 precisely because of how incredibly boring and disruptive combat music is.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes the combat music doesn't end for me so this way I can turn it off. It feels like it's always the same song too every time, just going on until log out.
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A number of us have been asking for years for a toggle, or volume control for battle music. At this point, I am guessing it's a technical reason why it has not happened.
    If it's zos, just saying no to say no?? *shrugs*
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A number of us have been asking for years for a toggle, or volume control for battle music. At this point, I am guessing it's a technical reason why it has not happened.

It's coming soon, so don't worry! It's in the latest Twitch vid if you want to see the proof.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »

It's coming soon, so don't worry! It's in the latest Twitch vid if you want to see the proof.

For console, too? 🤗
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »

For console, too? 🤗

Yes of course. :)
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know how I solve it? I turn off my ingame music completely and then open the soundtrack of ESO in a separate window to play independently of the game :smile:
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    You know how I solve it? I turn off my ingame music completely and then open the soundtrack of ESO in a separate window to play independently of the game :smile:

Yes but doing it that way does not match the music to the particular map/environment you are in sometimes.
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh such exciting news!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS patch notes...

"Combat Music Options
    We’ve added a new Combat Music dropdown in the Settings menu under Audio. You will now be able to decide if you want to hear all combat music, only boss combat music, or no combat music at all."
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus