The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Natch Potes (Hrothgar hello)

Elyox
Elyox
✭✭
Hello, looking for a complete patch notes please :)
This doesn't seem quite right : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/586836/pc-mac-patch-notes-v7-1-7

Fi4Won5.png

Thanks bye

Edit :
The screen shot is from the live server and I'm aware PTS patch notes are later today
This was before today :
VAnrGnE.png
Edited by Elyox on September 20, 2021 2:58PM
Sometimes I do pvp, sometimes I do pve, sometimes I'm on break, sometimes I'm part of some players that can't login, that's kinda life
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those are old patch notes. The natch potes for 7.2 haven't been posted yet.
  • theCampeR_
    theCampeR_
    ✭✭✭
    apart from the obvious change,

ignores spell resistance? hmm that's new.
  • RamiroCruzo
    RamiroCruzo
    ✭✭✭

Those values are from live and unless you're playing 7.2 on live, pretty sure OP is correct.
    Having a light side... And a Dark side... Is what makes life interesting...
    High as Nord and Proud as Dark Elf
    Blood for the Pact
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7.1.7 are the current live patch notes (the patch we got today)

7.2 will be the patch notes for the PTS server and the Deadlands DLC.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theCampeR_ wrote: »
    apart from the obvious change,

ignores spell resistance? hmm that's new.

That's really clever. This set WILL do more damage for tanky target but will do almost nothing to normal one
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Those values are from live and unless you're playing 7.2 on live, pretty sure OP is correct.

Ah, didn't see that a set went live for today as well. Sorry, I misunderstood.
  • theCampeR_
    theCampeR_
    ✭✭✭
    If this ignores spell resistance as mentioned now, damage would be on par with previous values more or less.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Elyox That link is for the patch notes of the latest update on the PC/Mac live servers.
    PTS patch notes are uploaded here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Elyox
    Elyox
    ✭✭
    The screenshot is from live and the patch notes I linked is today's one (at least according to the date on the post) : "Edited by ZOS_KaiSchober on September 20, 2021 2:12PM"
    Sometimes I do pvp, sometimes I do pve, sometimes I'm on break, sometimes I'm part of some players that can't login, that's kinda life
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The prior version didn't have a line about ignoring spell resistance, whether it's a real change or a descriptor change I don't know.
    PC NA
  • Elyox
    Elyox
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    The prior version didn't have a line about ignoring spell resistance, whether it's a real change or a descriptor change I don't know.

It also used to be 26% and not 13%
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elyox wrote: »
    The screenshot is from live and the patch notes I linked is today's one (at least according to the date on the post) : "Edited by ZOS_KaiSchober on September 20, 2021 2:12PM"

I really, reallllllllly hope that when the 7.2 PTS notes come out later today, they say "set no longer ignores spell resistance." ZOS should just start straight trolling us.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really, reallllllllly hope that when the 7.2 PTS notes come out later today, they say "set no longer ignores spell resistance." ZOS should just start straight trolling us.

Something more like "this set no longer bypass combat spirit"
    And...that's it.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

It also used to be 26% and not 13%

Ah yes. So since that's on live now, it's currently a "stealth" nerf (or balancing in this case). I don't see it on the incremental patch 7.17 notes right now. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/586836/pc-mac-patch-notes-v7-1-7
    PC NA
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't they have done that with Convergence as well? Please and thanks ZOS.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_KaiSchober

A change to Hrothgar's Chill armor set seems to have been inadvertently left off the PC 7.1.7 patch notes this morning. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/586836/pc-mac-patch-notes-v7-1-7

I can confirm as @Elyox found in his screenshots in the OP (top is the "after" currently on live, and bottom screenshot is "before" stats). The set bonus damage has been reduced from 26% to 13% damage, and there's a new line about ignoring spell resistance.

I have not tested if the actual numbers are different or if it's maybe a tooltip error only.

Thanks as always!
    Edited by Fennwitty on September 20, 2021 4:27PM
    PC NA
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this change is intentional, and not that bad. Here's some data based on what we know :

Screenshot-1.png

Now it does linear damage instead of the old weird scale. Since it ignores Spell resist, the set does the same damage as before against tanky build, but WAY less on other builds (Disclaimer : This can be inaccurate because i'm not a data scientist, so if i've missed something let me know ^^)
    Edited by Fhritz on September 20, 2021 4:32PM
    And...that's it.
  • vms11934
    vms11934
    ✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    I think this change is intentional, and not that bad. Here's some data based on what we know :

Screenshot-1.png

Now it does linear damage instead of the old weird scale. Since it ignores Spell resist, the set does the same damage as before against tanky build, but WAY less on other builds (Disclaimer : This can be inaccurate because i'm not a data scientist, so if i've missed something let me know ^^)

That's what I came up with too. But now the set will be able to crit
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vms11934 wrote: »

Screenshot-1.png

Yeah, so it'll be still decent, but it'll make the set more "fair" towards non-tank build
    And...that's it.
  • theCampeR_
    theCampeR_
    ✭✭✭
    Tested this a little bit and yes, the damage is relatively in the same range (slightly lower damage against squishy targets and about the same damage against tanky ones. P.S. it still bugs out and hits for absurd amounts when fighting multiple enemies.
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭

Screenshot-1.png

no it wont lol, where did you read that
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaaklypa wrote: »

Screenshot-1.png

I'll in Q4 update, since proc will be able to crit again
    And...that's it.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw noes, halved the damage :s
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaaklypa wrote: »

Screenshot-1.png

I'll in Q4 update, since proc will be able to crit again

They also said this though:

"There will be additional balance adjustments to these values to try and prevent them from becoming the best in slot, and we’ll have rules on which ones can and cannot crit, so keep your eyes peeled for the list and details in the PTS patch notes!"

Until PTS is up we cant tell for sure what's going on.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC will be the new Sloads, lmao. Make your gold while you can >:)
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!