Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mini Dwarven Sun, Portable is too Frickin' Bright

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
AH! 🙀 You can't even see what it is. This thing HURTS to look at. If an object obstructs the glow, it looks much better. The result is that this blinding light strobes in and out as you walk around.

Please.

uluvij5n8q61.jpg
n32dzsb6je4p.jpg
Edited by SickleCider on September 19, 2021 10:56PM
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its meant to imitate a sun, shouldn't it be bright?
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If its meant to imitate a sun, shouldn't it be bright?

Well, yes, of course. The picture doesn't quite illustrate how unbearable it is, though. I think it's a shame that there's all these beautiful art deco style details that you can't see.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really think they should have a toggle for it to be on or off, as there have been many complaints about this light being too bright. But it is very pretty when the blinding light is not displaying, and it is hard to see otherwise. Let us appreciate its design!
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looked so appealing in the preview but then I had instant regret soon as I put it in a house.
    My eyes!!
    Alas, no refunds.

Also why oh why wasn't it just a globe?!
    Clearly my fault for not looking closely enough, but I thought I was getting a replica sun I could use outside, not a retina burning lollipop.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »
    I really think they should have a toggle for it to be on or off, as there have been many complaints about this light being too bright. But it is very pretty when the blinding light is not displaying, and it is hard to see otherwise. Let us appreciate its design!
    Indigogo wrote: »
    It looked so appealing in the preview but then I had instant regret soon as I put it in a house.
    My eyes!!
    Alas, no refunds.

Clearly my fault for not looking closely enough, but I thought I was getting a replica sun I could use outside, not a retina burning lollipop.

I agree with both of you, and I'm in the same boat. I have buyer's remorse about this thing, but a bit of time has passed and I doubt they'd have refunded it, anyway. :( I'll just have to find a use for it which does NOT entail it being a statement chandelier.
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't even illuminate much! The light doesn't extend much from the thing itself. It's just an unbearably bright blotch wherever you put it.
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a "mini sun" I'd say it doesn't light things up enough, going by those screenshots.

Indigogo wrote: »
    My eyes!!
    Alas, no refunds.

ZoS are often very cooperative when it comes to refunds.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • tindomiel4
    tindomiel4
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't even illuminate much! The light doesn't extend much from the thing itself. It's just an unbearably bright blotch wherever you put it.

Oh, THIS! I put it in my Lakemire Xanmeer to brighten up the big room. Instead, it's just a very specific yellow circle that I carefully avoid looking at. No change in illumination. So much buyer's remorse. I saw it in the crate re-offer last week and shuddered.