The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sets for pvp healer?

Lady_Galadhiel
Lady_Galadhiel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As title sais,I am a bit lost regarding to what sets healers use at the moment in PvP.
Any help is appreciated.
I mainly play Gray Host and battlegrounds.
Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
ESO plus status: Cancelled
ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    As title sais,I am a bit lost regarding to what sets healers use at the moment in PvP.
    Any help is appreciated.
    I mainly play Gray Host and battlegrounds.

Well cyro healer gear depends on what group type you are in. Generally in bg's/solo cyro/ <5 group cyro/pug cyro you want to have good self survivability because you will be focused and are less likely to have "peels" (other players ccing/attacking the enemies attacking you). So mostly heavy is the way to go. Also depends on how much you are trying for pure support/healing or a mix of both. Always a good basic option is Spell Power Cure or Olorime's on the healing bar. Can easily proc olorime's using extended ritual (if templar) if you don't use any other aoe heals. If you are playing in the aforementioned group types I would stick to just 1 healing set with the other either dmg focused or mixed. Could always back bar olorime/SPC, double bar heartland conqueror to allow for more damage on one bar with 9% more healing (gold powered resto) on your healing bar.

Without more knowledge of class/group it makes it hard besides the standard tried and true healing sets (gossamer, symphony of blades, curse eater, transmutation etc). Crown's website https://darkelves.com/group-composition/ gives options for ball groups, but obviously depends on what the other healers wear.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mostly play on my own and join random groups or just go where is action.I play as sorcerer and I have been asked to join organized groups in non cp cyro as sorc healer but I am not interested at the moment to change campaign.
    My current gear is pve healer gear and it's ok but ofc not ideal.

• Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mostly play on my own and join random groups or just go where is action.I play as sorcerer and I have been asked to join organized groups in non cp cyro as sorc healer but I am not interested at the moment to change campaign.
    My current gear is pve healer gear and it's ok but ofc not ideal.

Do you play pure healer/support? With no real damage abilities? Do you often get focused? Sorcs are good at using streak to be mobile and as such can get away with lower survivability than most others.

Definitely recommend SPC/Olorime as it is a hefty dps buff that can be kept up easily. Both work but really depends on your own skills/group coordination. SPC is easier but more costly to keep up in a pug while olorime is cheaper but requires some stacking of players. Alot of the resto arena weapons are plausible because you will be using radiating regen, springs and healing ward.

There really isn't a best sorc healer pug build as it still heavily comes down to the people you play with.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed yes I get targeted often from a lot of the 2h stamina dds,but they dont manage to kill me most of the times if its purely 1v1,if 2 or more target me I die if I fail to streak away in time.
    As I am running around in pve gear I have the typical setup with resto main bar and desto back bar,which I have purely shields and healing skills on the resto and attacking skills on the backbar together with one pet on both bars.
    I use SPC/hollow/rkugamz/master resto staff which is tipical for pve but feels missplaced in pvp.
    Someone said as a pvp healer I should go for Pariah as my defensive set and sword shield insted of destro staff.

I know most healers are templars in pvp but I do enjoy healing and supporting people rather than attacking,also always great when the enemy focus me down while ignoring the players who re killing them :)
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed yes I get targeted often from a lot of the 2h stamina dds,but they dont manage to kill me most of the times if its purely 1v1,if 2 or more target me I die if I fail to streak away in time.
    As I am running around in pve gear I have the typical setup with resto main bar and desto back bar,which I have purely shields and healing skills on the resto and attacking skills on the backbar together with one pet on both bars.
    I use SPC/hollow/rkugamz/master resto staff which is tipical for pve but feels missplaced in pvp.
    Someone said as a pvp healer I should go for Pariah as my defensive set and sword shield insted of destro staff.

I know most healers are templars in pvp but I do enjoy healing and supporting people rather than attacking,also always great when the enemy focus me down while ignoring the players who re killing them :)

Hollowfang isn't as good in pvp as the 2 sec delay for a 6m aoe makes it hard to actually be effective with alot of movement and pugs spreading out. Rkugamz is also difficult when healing pugs. Magma incarnate, symphony of blades are good for group dps/resource gen. Bloodspawn is still a fairly decent set for tankiness. Zoal is decent if you get cc'd and killed alot.

Pariah is tough because right now Hrothgar's Chill (new set) will hit very hard and as such most are opting away from pure resist based sets. But going mostly heavy would be ideal. Could go spectre's eye (major evasion) on one bar and SPC on the other. If you are serious about still being able to dps you could try the aforementioned Heartland Conqueror and SPC/olorime.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Think I will try out both of your ideas, spc and spectres eye and spc with heartland.
    All better then what I wear atm.Thank you very much :)
    So should I go s&s or destro?
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think I will try out both of your ideas, spc and spectres eye and spc with heartland.
    All better then what I wear atm.Thank you very much :)
    So should I go s&s or destro?

That just really depends on how much you deal damage. Destro for damage. Snb if it's just a buff bar.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Lady_Galadhiel I've had tremendous success in battlegrounds as a Mag Sorc healer.

glaqFqm.png

Here's what I'm running this patch:

Build #1 (max heals): Sithis + Healer's Habit + Spell Power Cure + 1x Domihaus medium
    Build #2 (mitigation): Sithis + 4x Aetherial Ascension (medium) + 1x Aetherial Ascension (light sash) + Spell Power Cure + 1x Domihaus medium. Requires Dark Deal to offset Aetherial Ascension stamina penalty. Keep Elude up at all times.

Sithis (stat density 5.4064) and SPC (5.951) are your core sets. Start with those and add other sets as needed.

Front Bar (flame): Hardened Ward, Crushing Shock, Crystal Fragments, Bound Aegis, Twilight Matriarch, Temporal Guard
    Back Bar (resto): Dark Deal, Boundless Storm, Rapid Regeneration / Elude (flex slot), Streak, Twilight Matriarch, Life Giver

Mundus: The Atronach
    Traits: Armor- Impenetrable, Jewelry- Arcane, Weapons- Powered
    Enchants: Armor- Tri-Stat, Jewelry- Magicka Recovery, Flame Staff- Shock, Resto Staff- Weapon Damage
    Food: Clockwork Citrus Filet / Witchmother's Potent Brew
    Potion: Essence of Spell Power / Alliance Spell Draught
    Vampire Stage 3 (use Meridian skin to stay cute 🌺✨)

Tips
    • Swap to front bar for boosted Matriarch heal from Bound Aegis +magicka.
    • If a big fight is about to happen, open with a resto staff heavy attack for Major Mending.
    • Rapid > Radiating even though Radiating is better for SPC procs. Rapid heals so much better.
    • Only use Temporal Guard for Minor Protection. Don't waste ultimate on it. Live Giver is way better.
    • Necropotence + Crafty sounds tempting but in reality does not work better than Healer's Habit for heals or Aetherial Ascension Medium + Elude for mitigation.
    • Elude has a weight of 4.4385 against area effect damage which is extremely good. Look at your death recap over the next few battleground games. Much of the damage is area effect. Elude also provides Major Expedition so you can walk right out of Dark Convergence.
    • Aetherial Ascension has a whopping 6.961 stat density and is equivalent to Pariah @ ~40% health. Don't be afraid to use AA. For comparison, Buffer of the Swift is only 4.2192 and Brass is 4.3268. Pariah @ ~80% health is only 4.8635.
    • Vampire Stage 3 (Undeath) has an equivalent stat density of 3.3289 at 50% health. At 33%, the stat density is 4.4385. It's like wearing an extra set of Brass at low health. It's very strong.
    No matter what build you use, healing is very difficult in PvP especially with pugs where everyone's spread out and nobody peels enemies off you. You're on your own most of the time so be prepared to get focused. Healing is very rewarding when you keep your group alive through big fights and end up #1 on the score board.

Have fun!

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 13, 2021 4:19PM
    PC NA
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    @Lady_Galadhiel I've had tremendous success in battlegrounds as a Mag Sorc healer.

glaqFqm.png

Build #1 (max heals): Sithis + Healer's Habit + Spell Power Cure + 1x Domihaus medium
    Build #2 (mitigation): Sithis + 4x Aetherial Ascension (medium) + 1x Aetherial Ascension (light sash) + Spell Power Cure + 1x Domihaus medium. Requires Dark Deal to offset Aetherial Ascension stamina penalty. Keep Elude up at all times.

Sithis (stat density 5.4064) and SPC (5.951) are your core sets. Start with those and add other sets as needed.

Front Bar (flame): Hardened Ward, Crushing Shock, Crystal Fragments, Bound Aegis, Twilight Matriarch, Temporal Guard
    Back Bar (resto): Dark Deal, Boundless Storm, Rapid Regeneration / Elude (flex slot), Streak, Twilight Matriarch, Life Giver

Enchants: Armor- Tri-Stat, Jewelry- Magicka Recovery, Flame Staff- Shock, Resto Staff- Weapon Damage

Tips
    • If a big fight is about to happen, open with a resto staff heavy attack for Major Mending.
    • Rapid > Radiating even though Radiating is better for SPC procs. Rapid heals so much better.
    • Only use Temporal Guard for Minor Protection. Don't waste ultimate on it. Live Giver is way better.
    • Necropotence + Crafty sounds tempting but in reality does not work better than Healer's Habit for heals or Aetherial Ascension Medium + Elude for mitigation.
    • Elude has a weight of 4.4385 against area effect damage which is extremely good. Look at your death recap over the next few battleground games. Much of the damage is area effect. Elude also provides Major Expedition so you can walk right out of Dark Convergence.
    • Aetherial Ascension has a whopping 6.961 stat density and is equivalent to Pariah @ ~40% health. Don't be afraid to use AA. For comparison, Buffer of the Swift is only 4.2192 and Brass is 4.3268. Pariah @ ~80% health is only 4.8635.
    • Vampire Stage 3 (Undeath) has an equivalent stat density of 3.3289 at 50% health. At 33%, the stat density is 4.4385. It's like wearing an extra set of Brass at low health. It's very strong.
    No matter what build you use, healing is very difficult in PvP especially with pugs where everyone's spread out and nobody peels enemies off you. You're on your own most of the time so be prepared to get focused. Healing is very rewarding when you keep your group alive through big fights and end up #1 on the score board.

Have fun!

But between gaze and aetherial ascension you will get blasted by nearly every other player running hrothgar's right now. Healer's habit gives you slightly more healing (4%) than heartland conqueror while being completely useless for your damage bar.

The only heals you have are rapid regen and matriarch heal, which while good is still far from ideal when healing more than 3 or 4 people. On top of that rapid regen can't be a flex spot for elude as that would mean your only heal on a healer is matriarch. Much better off ditching bound aegis and moving streak to dmg bar.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »
    But between gaze and aetherial ascension you will get blasted by nearly every other player running hrothgar's right now.
    Hrothgar only does ~4.5k damage against Sithis + AA Medium and 5-6k to nearby players with less mitigation.
    Healer's habit gives you slightly more healing (4%) than heartland conqueror while being completely useless for your damage bar.
    If you want the Critical Heal badge then use Healer's Habit. This build reaches a 7514 heal with Matriarch which means every single heal rewards you with 100 points. Heartland Conqueror is a very weak damage set. Its weight is only 4.2031 compared to something like Spell Strategist at 6.3748. If you can manage to slot Haunting Curse for the burst sync w/ Crystal Frag proc, then you might have a working hybrid build. You'll be suboptimal at both damage and healing but it could work in battlegrounds.
    The only heals you have are rapid regen and matriarch heal, which while good is still far from ideal when healing more than 3 or 4 people.
    I only play battlegrounds and have never healed more than 4 players. Probably want a different build for Cyro / IC.
    On top of that rapid regen can't be a flex spot for elude as that would mean your only heal on a healer is matriarch.
    Matriarch heal is so strong that for most fights in battlegrounds you don't need rapid regen. Even with AA medium, Matriarch heals for 9k per second with 24% crit. With Live Giver it's over 15k healing per second. It's so strong that I run AA + Elude in at least 80% of my games. Great for Chaosball, Capture the Relic, and even Crazy King.
    Much better off ditching bound aegis and moving streak to dmg bar.
    It's not a good idea to drop Bound Aegis in battlegrounds, especially now that it gives +2k max health in addition to the existing +magicka (shields) and +armor. You need the survivability.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 13, 2021 9:10PM
    PC NA
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    But between gaze and aetherial ascension you will get blasted by nearly every other player running hrothgar's right now.
    Hrothgar only does ~4.5k damage against Sithis + AA Medium and 5-6k to nearby players with less mitigation.

It’s bugged. I’ve eaten 10k+ hits when alone in 4L/3H with no armor resist set bonuses. Not to mention you’d be very vulnerable to dc -> hrothgar’s. There's a reason pariah's is basically not used in pvp anymore. Heck pariah jewelry is 1/10th the price it was 3 weeks ago before patch.
    Healer's habit gives you slightly more healing (4%) than heartland conqueror while being completely useless for your damage bar.
    If you want the Critical Heal badge then use Healer's Habit. This build reaches a 7514 heal with Matriarch which means every single heal rewards you with 100 points. If you slot Haunting Curse instead of regen and use HC + SPC then you might have a working hybrid build. I'd like to try this actually.

You have 1 or 2 heals, you are a hybrid. You have more damage abilities than heals.
    The only heals you have are rapid regen and matriarch heal, which while good is still far from ideal when healing more than 3 or 4 people.
    I only play battlegrounds and have never healed more than 4 players. Probably want a different build for Cyro / IC.
    On top of that rapid regen can't be a flex spot for elude as that would mean your only heal on a healer is matriarch. Much better off ditching bound aegis and moving streak to dmg bar.
    Matriarch heal is so strong that for most fights in battlegrounds you don't need rapid regen. Even with AA medium, Matriarch heals for 9k per second with 24% crit. With Live Giver it's over 15k healing per second.

It's not a good idea to drop Bound Aegis in battlegrounds, especially now that it gives +2k max health in addition to the existing +magicka (shields) and +armor. You need the survivability.

Well sure but that also requires 9k worth of mag regen which most people don’t have. If you are forced to spam your biggest costliest heal you are already in a dangerous situation. Rapid regen is much less costly.

Since when does bound aegis give +2k max health? No mention in the tooltip or patch notes.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since when does bound aegis give +2k max health? No mention in the tooltip or patch notes.

It's not in the patch notes. See thread.

Expert Summoner now increases your max health by 8% for all Daedric Summoning abilities that are active.

It somehow works with Bound Aegis passively.

rYNTTqU.png

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 13, 2021 9:20PM
    PC NA
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not in the patch notes. See thread.

Expert Summoner now increases your max health by 8% for all Daedric Summoning abilities that are active.

It somehow works with Bound Aegis passively.

rYNTTqU.png

The wouldn't you already have it from having twilight active? Or does it stack with itself?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The wouldn't you already have it from having twilight active? Or does it stack with itself?

You would actually. That's a good point. It does not stack, that would be OP.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 13, 2021 11:02PM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s bugged. I’ve eaten 10k+ hits when alone in 4L/3H with no armor resist set bonuses. Not to mention you’d be very vulnerable to dc -> hrothgar’s.
    Dark Convergence does very little damage with AA + Elude and it's still worth running even if Hrothgar is buggy sometimes.

The 10k+ Hrothgar is an edge case and not normal.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 14, 2021 3:22AM
    PC NA
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gossamer, Mark of the Pariah, Meridia's Blessed Armor, Naga Shaman, Armor of the Seducer.

Generally you want to be in heavy armor and pretty high on health. Can't heal when you are dead, and you will be focused once ppl see you are actively healing.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Ive tried so many different sets for healing and the best ones i feel are bloodspawn and shalk exoskeleton. Sometimes in pvp nothing but your ult will save someone’s life when they’re on heavy pressure by more than 1 player. Having my resto ult every 20 secs is a lot better than any other sets ive used. (Playing on nightblade healer btw so i get a lot of ulti already.) stack % healing done on top of that with argonian, ritual mundus, minor/major mending/vitality and youl can get really good tooltips. Other set i use is lich or trans back bar with blackrose resto front bar! ( a must have imho as it buffs the players self heals too)
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

glaqFqm.png

Tips

Have fun!

Is there some sort of calculator for stat density, or are you doing it manually? If manually, how?
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok wow thanks everyone I will try out different combinations to see which works out the best for me.
    Appreciate all the comments and thanks a lot @SkaraMinoc for the detailed post.
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    How do folks feel about Transmutation, Winter's Respite (FB), Sithis, Stonekeepers and Masters Restro (BB) on magplar for PVP healing ?
    Edited by Feaky on September 15, 2021 4:12PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Is there some sort of calculator for stat density, or are you doing it manually? If manually, how?

This is how I calculate it.

1 spell damage = 10.5 magicka
    1096 / 10.5 = 104.381 spell damage
    (129 / 104.381) * 1096 = 1355 magicka per 129 spell damage
    1487 armor/penetration = 1 point

Mythics

Death Dealer's Fete
    • 30 * 88 = 2,640 health, magicka, stamina
    • 2640 / 1354 = 1.9498 damage
    • 2640 / 1206 = 2.1891 health
    • 2640 / 1354 = 1.9498 stamina
    • 1.9498 + 2.1891 + 1.9498 = 6.0887 tri stat
    • 1.9498 + 2.1891 = 4.1389 health + damage
    Gaze of Sithis
    • 3276 health, 4000 armor
    • 3276 / 1206 = 2.7164 + (4000 / 1487) = 5.4064
    Malacath
    • 1320 crit resist = 5.17% damage or 5.17*660 = 3,412.2 penetration = 3412 / 1487 = 2.2946
    • 1980 crit resist = 8.56% damage or 8.56*660 = 5,649.6 penetration = 5649 / 1487 = 3.7989
    • 2209 crit resist = 9.8% damage or 9.8*660 = 6,468.0 penetration = 6468 / 1487 = 4.3497
    • 2640 crit resist = 12.17% damage or 12.17*660 = 8,032.2 penetration = 8032 / 1487 = 5.4015
    • 3300 crit resist = 16% damage or 16*660 = 10,560 penetration = 10560 / 1487 = 7.1015

Armor

Aetherial Ascension
    • Base Stats = 2
    • 5 piece = 7377 / 1487 = 4.961 + 2 = 6.961
    Buffer of the Swift
    • Base Stats = 2
    • 5 piece w/ 50% mitigation = (6600 / 1487) / 2 = 2.2192 + 2 = 4.2192
    Brass
    • Base Stats = 2
    • 5 piece = 3460 / 1487 = 2.3268 + 2 = 4.3268
    Pariah
    • Base Stats = 2
    • 5 piece @ 100% health = 2532 /1487 = 1.7028 + 2 = 3.7028
    • 5 piece @ 90% health = 3229 / 1487 = 2.1715 + 2 = 4.1715
    • 5 piece @ 80% health = 4258 / 1487 = 2.8635 + 2 = 4.8635
    • 5 piece @ 70% health = 5049 / 1487 = 3.3954 + 2 = 5.3954
    • 5 piece @ 60% health = 5829 / 1487 = 3.92 + 2 = 5.92
    • 5 piece @ 50% health = 6579 / 1487 = 4.4243 + 2 = 6.4243
    • 5 piece @ 40% health = 7423 / 1487 = 4.9919 + 2 = 6.9919

Magicka and Spell Power

Necropotence
    • Base Stats = (3 * 1096) / 1355 = 2.4266
    • 5 piece = 3132 / 1355 = 2.3114 + 2.4266 = 4.738
    Crafty
    • Base Stats = (3 * 1096) / 1355 = 2.4266
    • 5 piece = 2550 / 1355 = 1.8819 + 2.4266 = 4.3085
    SPC
    • Base Stats = 1 + (1096*2) / 1355 = 2.6177
    • 5 piece = 430 / 129 = 3.3333 + 2.6177 = 5.951
    Spell Strategist (single target damage)
    • Base Stats = 2 + 1096 / 1355 = 2.8089
    • 5 piece = 460 / 129 = 3.5659 + 2.8089 = 6.3748
    War Maiden (magic damage only - great for elemental weapon, haunting curse, and crystal frags)
    • Base Stats = 1 + 1096 / 1355 = 1.8089
    • 5 piece = 600 / 129 = 4.6512 + 1.8089 = 6.4601
    Heartland Conqueror
    • 5 piece = 3276 / 1487 = 2.2031 + 1.8089 = 4.012
    Burning Spellweave (requires flame damage. proc only lasts 8 seconds and can occur every 12 seconds)
    • 5 piece = 490 / 129 = 3.7984 + 1.8089 = 5.6073
    Spinner's
    • Base Stats = 1 + (2*1096) / 1355 = 2.6177
    • 5 piece = 3460 / 1487 = 2.3268 + 2.6177 = 4.9445
    PC NA