The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

200+ games #1 on all leaderboards.. and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The Games

Q1F5ReI.png
OncwnQp.png
Cy4HeFY.png
glaqFqm.png
uQyniKk.png

Big Heals

mnNXwZf.png

The (Uninspiring) Rewards

VnJlFXx.png
2L4PwqA.png
Rri0giy.png

No title, mount, non-combat pet, weapon styles, etc. Just some gold gear I'll disenchant.

esZA0YO.png

Getting Chaos Guardian was a better reward than placing #1 on the leaderboards.

PuDDdJV.png
RpAceik.png
PC NA
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what was the t-shirt?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's over 7.5 a day on average for a whole week
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Now that everyone knows the rewards are garbage for getting #1 on leaderboards, maybe those 20 people who play over and over each day, can take a break. And stop ruining every match by treating everything like deathmatch.

Here's a question though on the leaderboards. It seems like for things like solo dungeons it takes your best score, but battlegrounds appears to be just adding up every score. Both these reward people for doing it over and over, but why not take an average score over all matches. Also why is healing so high scoring especially in group queue where you can easily spam heals if you group up with good players, but in solo queue you never know what you will get.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club on I did this and got sucky rewards, bgs are not special and from number 1 to number 100 you get the same crap bgs are great for crafters who want to max their resource gains but useful items no sir

Your biggest reward a lesson about bgs and why you can still get better rewards there,. just my take on the matter een iin the same boat before so have many others,.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do battle grounds all the time and dont even clear my mail of rewards save like once every 2 weeks to build up stock on crafting goods. or sell things for gold.

Yeah my ingame mail is normally always full.
    Edited by RedTalon on September 13, 2021 8:18AM
  • Dakkx
    Dakkx
    ✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Now that everyone knows the rewards are garbage for getting #1 on leaderboards, maybe those 20 people who play over and over each day, can take a break. And stop ruining every match by treating everything like deathmatch.

This seems like more incentive to treat every game like deathmatch lol. Why play objective when there is literally no point?
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dakkx wrote: »

This seems like more incentive to treat every game like deathmatch lol. Why play objective when there is literally no point?

To max AP gains remember the points you earn during a match factors in how much AP you gain, during land gabs I can latterly make someone chase me around a map and gets me points while they get zero for the kill
    Edited by RedTalon on September 13, 2021 11:48AM
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »

To max AP gains remember the points you earn during a match factors in how much AP you gain, during land gabs I can latterly make someone chase me around a map and gets me points while they get zero for the kill

Do you know how ap gained scales based on score?
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the rewards are garbage and they don't even bring enough gold to cover the potions/food costs.
    For some reason ZOS are terrified of making activities that aren't pure resource/gear farm rewarding. That's why oblivion portals in blackwood are already dead, or why endgame trial groups sell runs: it's their only way of making actual gold.
  • Dakkx
    Dakkx
    ✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »

Do you know how ap gained scales based on score?

Not to mention at this point a lot of players could not care less about ap.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the rewards are pretty underwhelming... Nobody can take away your success though! GG on being #1 across the board. That's pretty freaking awesome!
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭

But it's fun :D
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except for the fact that, you know, DMers who get stuck in Domination end the match 20-1 with an average of 500 points, making them the lowest scoring team member, which actively works against their performance on that leaderboard....

It's almost like they just enjoy the combat style and queue because they like the combat, not the item rewards...

• Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait, there's other settings besides death match? I just kill kill kill! Leroooooooy Jenkins!