The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Does learning furniture recipes affect the chances of receiving a writ from a crafting daily?

Ruj
Ruj
✭✭✭
Does learning furniture recipes affect the chances of receiving a writ from a crafting daily?
Edited by Ruj on August 25, 2021 2:03PM
  • Disturbed_One
    Disturbed_One
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But doing the crafting recipes uses up the tempers, especially the purple ones, so master writs become harder to complete.
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    No.

Thank you.
    Edited by Ruj on August 25, 2021 2:03PM
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    But doing the crafting recipes uses up the tempers, especially the purple ones, so master writs become harder to complete.

This is unrelated to my question. I'm aware furniture recipes and crafting use the same mats.
    Edited by Ruj on August 25, 2021 2:01PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tradeskill mastery (which determines your odds of receiving a master writ from a top tier writ reward box) is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft. This varies from tradeskill to tradeskill.

For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.
    For Provisioning, this is instead your collection of known purple and gold recipes as they are a strong overall representation of dedication to craft.
    With Enchanting, we instead look at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

Over time, the contributing factors for this may expand as the associated tradeskill mechanics do.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    Tradeskill mastery (which determines your odds of receiving a master writ from a top tier writ reward box) is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft. This varies from tradeskill to tradeskill.

For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.
    For Provisioning, this is instead your collection of known purple and gold recipes as they are a strong overall representation of dedication to craft.
    With Enchanting, we instead look at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

Over time, the contributing factors for this may expand as the associated tradeskill mechanics do.

Thank you so much <3
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am a grand master crafter ---- i havent pulled a gold master writ in over 3 months.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am a grand master crafter ---- i havent pulled a gold master writ in over 3 months.

Writ quality appears to just be random chance and isn't affected by your grand master crafting status. You can increase your chance of receiving a writ, but there doesn't appear to be any way to affect the quality of that writ.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Writ quality appears to just be random chance and isn't affected by your grand master crafting status. You can increase your chance of receiving a writ, but there doesn't appear to be any way to affect the quality of that writ.

true -- it is all rng --- but i get maybe two purples a week also. but i get a bunch of the blue jewelry writs
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

true -- it is all rng --- but i get maybe two purples a week also. but i get a bunch of the blue jewelry writs

Are you doing writs on just one character currently? It may be worth exploring the option to level up some alt crafters for more daily writs if you have the chance. If you're able to use addons, they are incredibly fast to do on multiple toons once you have them ready to go.