The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guilds leaving Cyrodiil PvP en masse

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    LarsS wrote: »
    Didact805 wrote: »
    Desyncs, server lag and in general the new sets... yeah no wonder there's backlash lol. PvP will die.

Have you tried the new multicore video option? I improves game play for many.

Lars move on, endgame PvP in ESO is dead now

We dont see that, we are growing with both new and experienced players, some comming from other games.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will fix the lag B)
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is no clear development plan for pvp in ESO, which is sad because fast combat and Cyrodiil were supposed to be key elements of this game. PVP is still an unpolished gem, I mean there is so much potential in it but after 7 years it is still in beta phase and right now it feels like this beta failed and developers want to forget about it. So why PVP players would stay?
    Edited by hands0medevil on September 3, 2021 10:29AM
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭
    Desyncs, server lag and in general the new sets... yeah no wonder there's backlash lol. PvP will die.

We dont see that, we are growing with both new and experienced players, some comming from other games.

I give you a hint:

When - like yesterday in early prime time - you zerg down Fare and BM with 20+ players while DC is pop-locked and AD has between 1-2 bars, pvp is legitimately dead. This is like the definition of PvD.

Not that I mind, do whatever you enjoy. But please don't call this pvp.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I give you a hint:

When - like yesterday in early prime time - you zerg down Fare and BM with 20+ players while DC is pop-locked and AD has between 1-2 bars, pvp is legitimately dead. This is like the definition of PvD.

Not that I mind, do whatever you enjoy. But please don't call this pvp.

The current pop sitiation on Ravenwatch PC/EU sucks, no doubt about it. But this is not a first, it was similar for quite some time during Sotha Sil, just with different colors.

Here's hoping it will even out a bit when the event is over and people get annoyed by the CP procfest.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well my bad for hinting you are an endgame PvP raidguild. But IF you take your head out of the sand and look around what DO you see? I know you guys dont like to visit bleakers to get stomped at but still, u must noticed anything, or are u just pvdooring and zerging all the time theese days?
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We called it quits due to final frustration over performance, didn’t even get to see the new sets. Looks like we made a good call seeing what it looks like right now.

I am curious what ESO will look like without organized guild presence from the old guard. Which is about where we’re headed given what I’m hearing of other old guilds like mine heading out.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Whether intentional or not, many guilds are leaving organized group PvP in Cyrodiil at an alarming rate. I am aware of four guilds who have left just this week. I'm sure there isn't just one factor - we could list several:

(1) New World impending release
    (2) the new anti-zerg sets
    (3) multiple unresolved performance issues
    (4) crashing becoming more frequent
    (5) lack of any improvement or adjustment to cyrodiil gameplay
    (6) overall boredom

My goal posting is not to argue whether the 'year of performance' was successful or not; not to discuss the benefit/value of the new proc sets; or even to add yet another comment about NW. Just awareness to the general PvP community that guilds are leaving. For those of us who are staying on ESO pvp, we will have to adapt. Maybe we won't miss the guilds and players who are leaving, but I suspect we will.

Maybe Zenimax will be interested in knowing this as well. I hope so.

Good post, I havent logged into eso in probably 3 or 4 months now and a handful of my friends is in the same situation. Mainly due to 3 reasons that you mention in your post.
    adirondack wrote: »
    (3) multiple unresolved performance issues
    (5) lack of any improvement or adjustment to cyrodiil gameplay
    (6) overall boredom
    The 6th reason is there because of the 2 prior reasons. RIP.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good post, we have been struggling with desyncs, bugs and most notably lagg for years now, but the devs seem to have only one type of sets in their minds whenever they release new ones...proccsets proccsets and more proccsets. The games pvp is 90% itemization now. I havent logged in for months because of the new sets they keep spewing out.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Good post, we have been struggling with desyncs, bugs and most notably lagg for years now, but the devs seem to have only one type of sets in their minds whenever they release new ones...proccsets proccsets and more proccsets. The games pvp is 90% itemization now. I havent logged in for months because of the new sets they keep spewing out.

It has to be, because the true endgame is inventory management!

Now where'd I put my 190th legendary stave for my new build...er...it's around here somewhere!
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm Multiple pvp guilds on each side in Grayhost have disbanded since the most recent patch. @ZOS_Kevin
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an alternative, it took time before I decided to try it though. Go non-proc, non-cp. It's close to the original ESO PVP where skill and teamwork is decisive. There is still enough sets around to create variation in the game play.

Whenever anything or anybody looks backwards instead of forwards for the best, this is a huge sign of trouble.

So i should log onto no cp no proc just so I can have a semblance of what I did so long ago? Are we in a retirement home or something? Why invest time, energy, and money for something you know wont ever get better?

And I stress semblance because you cant just remove a few proc sets and CP and tell me it's akin to original ESO. No it's not. In 2015, I still believed the devs would improve the game and there would be better days ahead. The class I loved to play still had a distinctive identity. The game had reasonable stability such that I basically knew the rules and basic mechanics of the game wouldn't radically changed from patch to patch. There was a full time PvP developer. I had confidence that if there were issues with balance, because there was only one game system (instead of cp, no CP, BGs, no CP no proc sets, etc), the potential at least existed that busted stuff could be reasonable addressed. In short, back in the original ESO, I still looked forward to the game improving, whatever my reservations were about the changes they did make.

Edited by Joy_Division on September 6, 2021 12:26AM
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to warn people here that ZOS’ solutions to the issues of ball groups and performance, were gonna be more detrimental than achieving a functioning game as a priority, even if that meant 4 man max size, no cross healing, no healing stacks etc.

If Cyrodiil functioned on a fundamental level, these sets would never have even been needed. There are already ways to deal with ball groups, they are called Nova bombs, vat S&B, negates, and timed crowd control. Unfortunately, as many will be aware, it is literally impossible to execute the co-ordination needed as Cyro is so laggy, it can take a full 6secs to cast two skills, and varies per person.
    These sets are a cop out from ZOS, almost admitting that without them it will not be possible to stand up to these groups. That AOE, non-targeted heals, snow threaders, and heal stacking will always dominate due to poor performance. Ironically, these ball groups are actually the leading cause of this performance, and have adapted a play style that excels therein, no targeted spells, smart heal stacking, snow threaders, minimum health values etc. making it virtually impossible, without a serious amount of luck, to actually compete.

I seen this coming a mile away. Without a functioning game. You have to make rash decisions to create an illusion of progress, or just simply, change the meta drastically to try and hold on to players. It’s not working unfortunately. Ravenwatch EU, the former most populated Campaign in the world, is struggling to get even one faction filled. GG.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an alternative, it took time before I decided to try it though. Go non-proc, non-cp. It's close to the original ESO PVP where skill and teamwork is decisive. There is still enough sets around to create variation in the game play.

Whenever anything or anybody looks backwards instead of forwards for the best, this is a huge sign of trouble.

So i should log onto no cp no proc just so I can have a semblance of what I did so long ago? Are we in a retirement home or something? Why invest time, energy, and money for something you know wont ever get better?

And I stress semblance because you cant just remove a few proc sets and CP and tell me it's akin to original ESO. No it's not. In 2015, I still believed the devs would improve the game and there would be better days ahead. The class I loved to play still had a distinctive identity. The game had reasonable stability such that I basically knew the rules and basic mechanics of the game wouldn't radically changed from patch to patch. There was a full time PvP developer. I had confidence that if there were issues with balance, because there was only one game system (instead of cp, no CP, BGs, no CP no proc sets, etc), the potential at least existed that busted stuff could be reasonable addressed. In short, back in the original ESO, I still looked forward to the game improving, whatever my reservations were about the changes they did make.

You miss my point. It's easier to balance the pvp without the proc sets and cp. If zos have any intention to do that I dont know.

I think its rather obvious that if you want pvp to be based on individual skills and teamwork, one should avoid factors like CP and proc sets, because it increases the difference between a new player and a long time player. Not because the long time player is better, but because the player have a high cp and a big pool of sets.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    In the past a lot of the disbanded guilds just reformed with different name and a different leader. Same people. This time it feels like entire guild rosters are leaving.

This ^ is what happened to two of my PvP guilds. Both guilds had formed in the first years of ESO. Within the last year or so both guilds rosters changed. There are still a few old members left, but it's mostly newer players leading the guild now. One guild I'm still in, the other I left.

As for NW, it will draw away some PvPers permanently because the end game is mostly PvP focused. I believe most PvE players will see that NW is geared mainly for PvP progression, (right now), and they'll get bored quickly unless they really like life skilling and merchant trading guilds.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on September 6, 2021 12:57PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You miss my point. It's easier to balance the pvp without the proc sets and cp. If zos have any intention to do that I dont know.

I think its rather obvious that if you want pvp to be based on individual skills and teamwork, one should avoid factors like CP and proc sets, because it increases the difference between a new player and a long time player. Not because the long time player is better, but because the player have a high cp and a big pool of sets.

How is it easier to balance something like purge when you have one campaign where if you hit a button you can explode for 35K and another campaign where that cannot happen? It can;t be done. You either play one campaign where it is way too efficient or you play in another campaign where it's a suicide button. If you wanted to impress me with your group's skill and teamwork, you wouldn't run off to no CP where your group could spam purge without consequence; something ZOS finally acknowledged was a disruptive mechanic in Cyrodiil which is why the Plague set was introduced in the first place.

If I want PvP to be based on individual skill and teamwork, I should avoid factors like playing a game with no full time PvP developer, a game with that tries to balance multiple PvP rule-sets simultaneously, a game that seeks solutions to meta problems by selling gear, and then creates a campaign where said gear isn't allowed, etc.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 6, 2021 1:43PM
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is it easier to balance something like purge when you have one campaign where if you hit a button you can explode for 35K and another campaign where that cannot happen? It can;t be done. You either play one campaign where it is way too efficient or you play in another campaign where it's a suicide button. If you wanted to impress me with your group's skill and teamwork, you wouldn't run off to no CP where your group could spam purge without consequence; something ZOS finally acknowledged was a disruptive mechanic in Cyrodiil which is why the Plague set was introduced in the first place.

If I want PvP to be based on individual skill and teamwork, I should avoid factors like playing a game with no full time PvP developer, a game with that tries to balance multiple PvP rule-sets simultaneously, a game that seeks solutions to meta problems by selling gear, and then creates a campaign where said gear isn't allowed, etc.

Man you've always gave me hope throught out the years as a templar main. It's painfull to see ESO in this state.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sarcasm here.

ZOS is killing it alright.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last month I logged in to get tier ones, but that's it. I still have ESO plus because I'm hoping I might be interested again at some point, but it's looking less likely so that's probably done soon.
    It's just been too long with the same nonsense and neglect. ZOS trying to fix everything with sets in Waking Flame was the final push for me to start looking elsewhere for fun.
    Edited by Sandman929 on September 7, 2021 1:00PM
  • Ostonoha
    Ostonoha
    ✭✭✭
    I can only speak for me personally and others close to me that I have spoken to. But these seem to be the major factors for people just outright done with pvp in this game. Again this is mine and their opinion on the matter of a dying cyrodill.

Performance worse than it ever was and getting worse each patch. We could go on at length the different performance issues. But fighting the constant positional desynch is my new favorite worry in pvp.

Bugs and issues that have been in pvp for years and never fixed (stuck in combat, stuck in walls from knock ups, the list could go on) At some point it just gets old and tiresome.

Less fights to be had overall. I cant speak for EU only my experience in NA. But outside of a a few small groups and large coordinated 12 man guilds. Every time I log into PCNA GH it appears to be each faction massed together in one super zerg going from keep to keep. Without ever even attempting to break free from the faction stack. We used to have fights going from ash-nickle. ales-bleaks sej-brk at all times. Now you are lucky outside of primetime hours to find a single nightblade on those paths. Attempt to take resources at a keep. You might get a few to respond but many times it seems to be ignored unless the keep itself is threatened. And it is always the same names due to pop caps being lower and a shrinking pvp population. Not much new blood in pvp. so if you are tired of killing or dying to the same people over and over. Not much escape or variety to be found. PCNA Standard is a roll of the dice. You might get a fight you might not. Otherwise it appears everyone there is more intent on pvdoor than fighting anything. I dont play PCNA no cp much but it appears dead now except for primetime?

There seems to be no long term vision for pvp at all. Just throwing things at the wall and hoping it sticks. What kind of pvp does ZoS want? they commented at one point of wanting people to spread out to improve performance, but introduce the hammer into pvp. (this is not a hammer complaint but an issue over vision) that drags entire factions to it. Doing the exact opposite of what they wanted. We get major swings in METAs. they wanted to make dot damage outside of bleed builds powerful, so they buffed dots to massive levels to the point dots became oppressive, only to nerf them back into almost uselessness. We get a proc meta, only to have the proc meta removed. To go back today to another proc meta. This time with 3 extremely powerful procs. (yes they are effective at knocking out ball groups and zergs. and I am sure many people are happy to see these sets. But all anti zerg sets in turn end up being abused by the zerg against smaller groups and in the end nobody wins). Sure games need to evolve and change overtime. But the changes ZoS makes are drastic and haphazardly done.

All these issues together. Why would players continue to want to invest time and money into the game.
  • Didact805
    Didact805
    ✭✭✭
    I was desynced 4 times today (in BR) lol.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, if all ball, oh sorry pvp-guilds, will make an exodus it's just a best patch ever. I hope the next step will be a limitation of purge to 4 ppl/cast and tiny range so it won't hinder to show a true skill of fellow ballhardcore pvp players