The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

(XBOX) Actions taking longer after update

HugoG92
HugoG92
✭✭✭
I've noticed that after the update some actions are taking longer to fire, such like mounting, accepting group finder requests and choosing targets ( a.k.a. tab target ). These are the ones I've noticed so far. Are these intended or something went wrong with the update? @ZOS_Adrikoth
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on March 3, 2023 5:00PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @HugoG92

Thanks for reporting the issues that you encountered! Which console are you using (base console, Series X|S, etc.) and are you using Performance Mode? If so, do you encounter these issues in Fidelity Mode as well?
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on September 8, 2021 8:57PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • HugoG92
    HugoG92
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there @HugoG92

Thanks for reporting the issues that you encountered! Which console are you using (base console, Series X|S, etc.) and are you using Performance Mode? If so, do you encounter these issues in Fidelity Mode as well?

I'm playing on the Xbox One X, but my guild mates playing on the Series X|S are reporting the same issue. Apparently any action that needs to hold any button is taking longer to fire. One of my guildies playing on the series x noticed that holsting weapons and multi deconstruction is taking longer too.

PS: by taking longer I mean we need to hold the button longer
    Edited by HugoG92 on September 8, 2021 9:12PM
  • HugoG92
    HugoG92
    ✭✭✭
  • MyChaelG
    MyChaelG
    This is the same in both video modes @HugoG92
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am on PS4 Pro and mounting via the touchpad requires a much longer press of the button.

Also, as mentioned in another thread, unsheathing weapons takes longer, too.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS5 EU performance mode and having the same issue when trying to hard target. Haven't tried mounting yet
    Edited by fizl101 on September 9, 2021 7:17AM
    Soupy twist
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A friend and I experienced a one secondish delay to everything yesterday. Casting my extended ritual on templar seems to take a long time before actual cast.
  • zammo
    zammo
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm this is also a thing on base PS4
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm on both PS4 and PS5. All my guildies and zone chat have noticed this too. It seems that inputs are now take twice as long to activate.

For me on my control layout... I think B... I noticed the issue happening with these actviites:
    • Sheathing Weapons (Holding Left on D-Pad)
    • Bringing up the wheel of options on another player.... invite to group, trade, duel, etc (Holding START)
    • Accepting group, trade, duel invite from another player by bringing up the wheel again (Holding START)
    • **Tab Target** this is the worst offender (Holding Square)
    Edited by Vaoh on September 9, 2021 11:24AM
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    series x -- same as above --- also noticed that typing messages in chat is taking a lot longer -- and for some reasons i had to rediscover the ayleid wells in blackwood.
  • HugoG92
    HugoG92
    ✭✭✭
    series x -- same as above --- also noticed that typing messages in chat is taking a lot longer -- and for some reasons i had to rediscover the ayleid wells in blackwood.

The Ayleid Wells thing happened to me too lol
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zammo wrote: »
    Can confirm this is also a thing on base PS4
    Indeed, and this is TERRIBLE.
    After 6 YEARS my Muscle Memory is ALWAYS WRONG NOW.
    ZOS, please revert the timing changes.
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    Also happening on PS5 with PS4 game, and it is really annoying.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also noticed that it affects multi-crafting in that I don’t hold the square button long enough to select more than one item, so it just crafts one each time.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth

Also on Xbox one X, having the same issues with multiple actions, like mounting up for example. I go to mount, and since you now have to press the button longer I end up just opening thr map over and over instead of mounting up. It's extremely annoying.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • FOULMISCHIEF
    FOULMISCHIEF
    ✭✭
    I noticed this myself and did my own testing. I’ll attach a screen shot of my results that I originally posted on Twitter here (alongside a GIF showcasing the old and new hold durations). I have yet to receive a response there.

Testing was done using the performance graphics mode.

@ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_BillE

1yp0gx63g8wb.png
    3dtgawqo1k5d.gif
    Edited by FOULMISCHIEF on September 14, 2021 9:48AM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS5 NA Performance mode - hard targeting is a nightmare now because of this, especially in the middle of a fight like Cloudrest where you may need to swap between Zmaja and one of the minis.
  • HugoG92
    HugoG92
    ✭✭✭
    Just got online and noticed that the issue persists after the maintenance. Can we get an ETA for a fix or at least an acknowledgment of the issue? @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • FOULMISCHIEF
    FOULMISCHIEF
    ✭✭
    I've been told this issue was being looked at by the team (QA?). Any news for us? @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_BillE
  • FOULMISCHIEF
    FOULMISCHIEF
    ✭✭
    Maintenance for the week of October 4:
    Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 6, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
    PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 6, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Incremental patch incoming next week. Let's hope there's a fix in there.
    Edited by FOULMISCHIEF on October 1, 2021 8:27PM
  • HugoG92
    HugoG92
    ✭✭✭
    Incremental patch incoming next week. Let's hope there's a fix in there.

One can only hope. Can we get an update or an ETA? @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    If PC's latest patch notes are any indication, this still will not be getting fixed. This is an issue with gamepad in general, not just console version.
  • FOULMISCHIEF
    FOULMISCHIEF
    ✭✭
    If PC's latest patch notes are any indication, this still will not be getting fixed. This is an issue with gamepad in general, not just console version.

Yeah, when I saw the PC patch notes, I got super disappointed.
  • HugoG92
    HugoG92
    ✭✭✭
    There's no fix listed on today's patch notes. RIP.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve only noticed this yesterday on Ps4NA. Unsheathing weapons and hitting the first skill in combat is really slow.

Someone mentioned above about rediscovery in Blackwood. That’s likely an unrelated issue but I had to rediscover wayshrines I already had unlocked in Blackwood across all 18 characters. Didn’t notice until after the Blackwood event started.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening to me too Xbox 1x, EU server.

Any updates?
  • FOULMISCHIEF
    FOULMISCHIEF
    ✭✭
    No mention of a fix in the update-32 PC patch notes.

Update, please? @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober
  • FOULMISCHIEF
    FOULMISCHIEF
    ✭✭
    No mention of a fix in the update-32 console patch notes.

Update, please? @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I got this annoying 1 second lag... and for me, It has to do with Keyboard login option. When I use the gamepad UI for login (KB login disabled), this happens. I hope it helps anyone
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in September 2021. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.