The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

LEADS AND CODEX are BACK!

• tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I thought from the beginning you had to dig up leads within 30 days or so or they expired. I even think I remember reading about that when they revealed antiquities. Are you saying that the timers were just turned on recently?

That was the intention, and what they fixed, but that's not how it worked.

All leads had a 30 day timer, but if you had already found and excavated one copy of something, the timer on future versions of that things would not work correctly. Basically you had 30 days to dig up your first Void Crystal. Once you got a second lead for it, the timer would still count on the UI (which was hard to find so most people didn't see it, and which vanished at 0), but internally it was registered as something that had been found already. The important thing is that once the timer hit 0, the UI timer disappeared but the lead itself stayed.

Most people don't use vanilla timers, we looked at the timers on the /displayleads addon, which reported those as having a 33d expiration that never counted down. Since they were infinite then, people liked to save leads since they didn't need another copy of the furnishing or wanted to save leads for days asking for a 'purple or gold antiquity' endeavor.

ZOS fixed it by making the previously-excavated things start counting as intended, but since that item didn't end up in the patch notes either on live or PTS, nobody had a warning to go clean out their leads list. When they did that to the mail, the timers were all reset to 30d so we had time to recheck mail and also still collect our rewards or screenshot everything. This one didn't reset timers and instead just went with the internal timers, so anyone who'd had stuff stockpiled that was at 0 just vanished right away, and the bug had it take all of the codex entries and the 'fount items' counter of that item with it.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they cannot fix the fact that they removed already dug up leads for mythic items, I will simply just stop participating in the antiquities system altogether as the best assurance to no be put in this spot again.

Mythic leads are not like all the other leads which are easy to get. Mythics can be exceedingly time consuming to drop, and depending on your RNG nigh impossible to find, as we saw in the recent Shadowfen plant camping out fiasco; it impacts a huge amount of time and the experience of the game for many players, setting them up to compete with others to get them. The whole issue of putting mythic gear pieces in antiquities was something I was never in favour of from the beginning. Such pieces should be placed as rewards for completing content, not for running around a zone for 50 hours digging up plants, or standing on a boss' head with 25 other people waiting to kill him to see if their lead drops. It's ridiculous.

Now this???

If they don't have the interest in even bothering to communicate what they are going to do about all this, then I now have zero interest in bothering to participate further in a system that can no longer be replied upon.

Sorry. Still bitter about this.
  • WildLight
    WildLight
    ✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    If they cannot fix the fact that they removed already dug up leads for mythic items, I will simply just stop participating in the antiquities system altogether as the best assurance to no be put in this spot again.

Mythic leads are not like all the other leads which are easy to get. Mythics can be exceedingly time consuming to drop, and depending on your RNG nigh impossible to find, as we saw in the recent Shadowfen plant camping out fiasco; it impacts a huge amount of time and the experience of the game for many players, setting them up to compete with others to get them. The whole issue of putting mythic gear pieces in antiquities was something I was never in favour of from the beginning. Such pieces should be placed as rewards for completing content, not for running around a zone for 50 hours digging up plants, or standing on a boss' head with 25 other people waiting to kill him to see if their lead drops. It's ridiculous.

Now this???

If they don't have the interest in even bothering to communicate what they are going to do about all this, then I now have zero interest in bothering to participate further in a system that can no longer be replied upon.

Sorry. Still bitter about this.

I hear you mate, that's exactly how I feel about antiquities after update as well. Absolutely killed my desire to bother with the system that wasn't even that fun and engaging in the first place. Non-existent communication from ZOS about issue, not even a warning beforehand only adds to that.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have been communicating about this.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584434/pc-mac-stadia-hotfix-august-24-antiquities-codex-entries#latest

Patches can take weeks rather than days, so keep your eyes peeled on the next patch.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 1, 2021 10:09PM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing in my leads is back...

Hey this is ZOS so what's expected!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They restored at least some of my leads that had been deleted, as well as at least some of my codex entries. I honestly have no idea whether the patch fixed 10% or 100%, because I wasn't keeping tabs on everything.

I've never acquired a complete mythic item or other special collectible, just some of their fragments, and as far as I know I'm not missing any leads or codex entries related to those things, since I always scry and excavate any leads that have expiration countdowns and I've never acquired a lead to any specific fragment more than once.

I do hope anyone who lost leads and entries gets them all back, but for me it's not an important issue, and I'm grateful they've restored what they did, because I'm sure it must have involved a lot of work to come up with, and then implement, a solution.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584434/pc-mac-stadia-hotfix-august-24-antiquities-codex-entries#latest

Patches can take weeks rather than days, so keep your eyes peeled on the next patch.

that is a different issue. Leads that were already dug up is not the same as leads that were on a timer, got pulled and removed their respective Codex along with it. They have said nothing about this and not responded to tickets.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is a different issue. Leads that were already dug up is not the same as leads that were on a timer, got pulled and removed their respective Codex along with it. They have said nothing about this and not responded to tickets.

It's the same issue. They have restored some codex entries and are working on restoring more.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 2, 2021 1:33AM
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the same issue. They have restored some codex entries and are working on restoring more.

No it is not the same. They are talking about leads that were still on their respective timers. That was not my situation and they did not respond to tickets about it.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it is not the same. They are talking about leads that were still on their respective timers. That was not my situation and they did not respond to tickets about it.

It's all being lumped together as one issue because they have same bugged source. They are literally closing threads about it and consolidating it all as one issue. They are working on it.

If your issue is not resolved after they say it should be, that's when you should submit another ticket. For now though, keep your eyes on the patchnotes for communication.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 2, 2021 1:42AM
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all being lumped together as one issue because they have same bugged source. They are literally closing threads about it and consolidating it all as one issue. They are working on it.

That does not excuse ignoring the players adversely affected who contacted them. Not everybody lives on the forums and gets their information from threads here, which are ---- obviously --- peppered with incorrect information.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That does not excuse ignoring the players adversely affected who contacted them. Not everybody lives on the forums and gets their information from threads here, which are ---- obviously --- peppered with incorrect information.

Did you not receive an auto-response at least? Too many people are having an issue to realistically respond to all of them individually, during such times it's pretty normal for most of the feedback to be put into a consolidated place on the official website.

They should definitely have an auto-response that says they are aware and working on it though if they don't yet.
  • comicfan22
    comicfan22
    ✭✭
    I've had a few leads return, but many MANY gold and purple leads are still missing. Especially the fully completed, difficult to ones. Please, continue to work on this ZoS. I don't mind waiting but these Codex entries were hard earned. I'm at @comicfan22 on PC NA.
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    I am still missing all my 40 something leads, nothing returned.

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Account:@viperflame

Character: Cylthia Springshade

Server: PC EU

It would be nice if you could restore mine too.

Thanks
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am still missing all my 40 something leads, nothing returned.

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Account:@viperflame

Character: Cylthia Springshade

Server: PC EU

It would be nice if you could restore mine too.

Thanks

In the other major thread Kevin said they should be back for everyone on PC/Mac tomorrow:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7380664#Comment_7380664

Edited to clarify: the codex entries, sorry, not the leads. ZOS has never said the missing leads were a bug or that they intend to restore them, only the codex entries.
    Edited by virtus753 on September 5, 2021 6:22PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a big mess, some entries got restored, some are still missing.

It looks like someone at ZOS just rolled the dice and shuffled things and called it a "fix".
    huh.gif

• whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine have not been restored, or at least some of them haven't.
  • Majia
    Majia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing restored at all from my lost leads
    Amélie Kara - Magicka Templer - PC EU
    Makellose Eroberin - Die Entfesselte - Geistschlächterin

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." (Terry Pratchett)
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    This is a big mess, some entries got restored, some are still missing.

It looks like someone at ZOS just rolled the dice and shuffled things and called it a "fix".
    huh.gif

Yeah, that would explain why some people have some codex entries restored but not everyone got everything back. We’ll see tomorrow if the fix for the fix does anything, I guess.

Wish someone from ZOS would comment here on the leads as distinct from the codex entries, though, since they seem to be treating them very differently. Wasn’t Kai or someone else on the German forums supposed to have acknowledged the leads were intended to disappear with the update if they had been in our journals longer than 30 days?
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    If leads were supposed to disappear if they had been in our journal longer than 30 days, shouldn't they tell us beforehand? Or did they say it and I missed that crucial information somehow?
    Edited by DahliaNightshade on September 6, 2021 7:49PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If leads were supposed to disappear if they had been in our journal longer than 30 days, shouldn't they tell us beforehand? Or did they say it and I missed that crucial information somehow?

I would have hoped so, but they didn't mention anything about it.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi Everyone. We want to share an update regarding missing Antiquities Codex entries. For those still missing Antiquities Codex entries, these missing entries will return after the incremental maintenance scheduled for Tuesday, September 7. Please let us know if there are any additional questions after the incremental maintenance and we can address them. Thank you for your continued patience.

Update on this issue for those still missing leads.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually found a lost lead/codex problem just today. On one account EU, I apparently had a lead for the Reach blue whatever it's called. I know that only because the codex is empty for that (while I have numerous of the green leads excavated - like 18 or so).

I don't really care personally. As far as purple and gold leads go, I never ignore them - I get them, and go dig them immediately.