The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Splitting the upcoming patch

• jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I have fibre optic connection and unlimited downloads, so although it doesn't affect me, actually I think it's a good idea to split it between "fixes" and "Craglorn". Given that many people have download caps per month, and that Craglorn is veteran only content, let those people download fixes to the existing game as a separate patch, and Craglorn when they get to veteran level and want to access that content.

makes sense, though some times it is easier to push all the fixes and new content out at once.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    I have fibre optic connection and unlimited downloads, so although it doesn't affect me, actually I think it's a good idea to split it between "fixes" and "Craglorn". Given that many people have download caps per month, and that Craglorn is veteran only content, let those people download fixes to the existing game as a separate patch, and Craglorn when they get to veteran level and want to access that content.

makes sense, though some times it is easier to push all the fixes and new content out at once.
    It makes sense, however it would make two versions of the game who generates more problems
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altheina wrote: »
    While it's good to see a long list of ptr patch notes. The concerns I have are twofold:

1) From my understanding that the patch size is approximately 4gb? If that's the case, it will take a very long time to download considering the slow download speed that many players have even with good internet connection. I personally get an avg of 200-300kb/s with 200Mb fiber optic connection.

2) Get the patch that fixes all manners of bugs(e.q: quest bugs, vampire passive bugs,etc...) possibly out first before content patch such as Craglorn.

What do you guys think?

200Mb conn and downloading with 300k? i have 100mb and i download with 7-8mb. something is not right.
    Edited by AreoHotah on April 28, 2014 7:23AM
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    While it's good to see a long list of ptr patch notes. The concerns I have are twofold:

1) From my understanding that the patch size is approximately 4gb? If that's the case, it will take a very long time to download considering the slow download speed that many players have even with good internet connection. I personally get an avg of 200-300kb/s with 200Mb fiber optic connection.

2) Get the patch that fixes all manners of bugs(e.q: quest bugs, vampire passive bugs,etc...) possibly out first before content patch such as Craglorn.

What do you guys think?

200Mb conn and downloading with 300k? i have 100mb and i download with 7-8mb. something is not right.

Yeah, it's weird. Other games that I've played are fine only with TESO. I've tried the suggestion from the knowledge base to open the ports but all to no avail...

Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    jircris11 wrote: »

It makes sense, however it would make two versions of the game who generates more problems

I think it all depends on how Zenimax implement it; patch that fixes existing gameplay bugs would make big content patches that follow more stable I believe.
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    So funny watching people pretend they are tech experts and that they know about coding, etc..
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    I think it all depends on how Zenimax implement it; patch that fixes existing gameplay bugs would make big content patches that follow more stable I believe.

Well, if they pushed the fixes then waited to push the new content it might make the new content easier to debug.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • snigernissen
    snigernissen
    ✭✭

What do you guys think?

1) 200mb fiber optic ?? ofc your DL speed is slow then, this is nothing zenimax can help you with, you just need a faster connection really.
    A solution could be, get a friend with a fast ISP ( say like a 50/50 gig line ) to DL the patch and send you the file, which you then add to your folders yourself, should take about 10 min for you to do with a little tech savy.
    If your not that tech savy, then find a friend who is that can help you :)

2) all the bugs and such will take time to fix due to the long line of codings that needs to be sorted out and re-done ( and i think they are working on it atm tbh )
    stuff like this takes a ton of time to do, and with all the bots and goldspammer we have atm that are taking up so much place in the game now, they have to focus on that since this is what most people are complaining about, and the pvp issues as well.
    I've found that most quest bugs can be overridden by a relog ( dont force relog or you end up in the same "instance" again ) just let it count down, proceed to login screen and then log back on with your toon, if this does not work, then try the next day.
    I've done all my quests that was initially bugged doing this :) ( basicly ive done all the quests i could find so far and im lvl 31 atm )

The rest will be handled in due time, but for now i think that we just need to wait it out abit and then all will be well :) ( i hope so atleast :D )
    If not, then zenimax will take more than one arrow to its knee's !!!
    Edited by snigernissen on April 28, 2014 10:06AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it's good to see a long list of ptr patch notes.
    Sadly the main part of this release is an entire group-only zone, a sad reflection of ZOS' apparent shift in their plans for this game apparently.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 28, 2014 10:12AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Sadly the main part of this release is an entire group-only zone, a sad reflection of ZOS' apparent shift in their plans for this game apparently.
    How? the new zone was planned to be in game on launch but was delayed.
    Its group based end game, next content update will probably be thief guild and justice system who will be far more single player based.

probably followed by more PvP focus and back to PvE group play.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's posts like this that make me want to throw furniture out the window.

There are multiple threads in this forum complaining about what people feel is a lack of group content, and as is consistently pointed out in those threads, you can pretty much get to VR10 without ever grouping up, if that's your cup of tea. Are you honestly complaining that an MMO is going to have endgame features revolving around groups of people?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people not just leave the launcher up so it can download while you are at work or school? That way, download time means nothing.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    Why do people not just leave the launcher up so it can download while you are at work or school? That way, download time means nothing.

Probably for the same reason people get upset when you imply that if they're experiencing issues that most people aren't that it might be a problem on their end. For some reason, there's a subset of people who aren't very good with computers (not a problem) who also don't like taking advice from people who are pretty good with computers (a problem).
    ----
    Murray?
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭

Probably for the same reason people get upset when you imply that if they're experiencing issues that most people aren't that it might be a problem on their end. For some reason, there's a subset of people who aren't very good with computers (not a problem) who also don't like taking advice from people who are pretty good with computers (a problem).

Ah, well, yeah you are right there.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope the patch lets me re-do my first character as I had to guess at what her face was going to like at (zoom was broketh for the first character). Of course, there are a few quests that need tweaked yet.. anyways. They should figure out how to stream patches ala STO and the like.
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    demendred wrote: »
    Well, this is going to be hell on my dial up...
    They still offer that?

zaria wrote: »
    Fast question, if you have the launcher running but not the game will it start to update automatically?

This one assumes when launcher loads, it checks for version update, then patches. If launcher already runs and update arrives, it would need "active ping" for update to start.

OP is correct, that size is large and loads are slow. The makers should change to torrent mode, that gets faster the more mer and men have file. ISP also can throttle speed now unless zeni people pay them extra. Khajiit weeps for net-neutrality.
    Edited by Ri_Dariit on April 28, 2014 1:46PM
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, why didn't ZOS implement a Blizzard-style background downloader that works while you play over many days/weeks before the release day (since the vast bulk of a content update's size is stuff like textures, models and other resources that were done a long time ago and won't change before release) and can carry on in the background.

Edited by KerinKor on April 28, 2014 2:34PM
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Or, why didn't ZOS implement a Blizzard-style background downloader that works while you play over many days/weeks before the release day (since the vast bulk of a content update's size is stuff like textures, models and other resources that were done a long time ago and won't change before release) and can carry on in the background.

Pardon me if I'm wrong here but I believe this is not possible as long as the patch is not marked as 'ready to launch' as they are still being tested in house as well as in ptr, although I wouldn't mind trickle download...