The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Another disgraceful night in Cyrodiil

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
These are comments I took in chat in about an hour. I left early, when my Guild were still there because I coul not bear anymore this thing.
Is this the best you can do ZoS?

qONFWmg.png

75w2jRD.png

APLYvZS.png

Kk47Wq9.png

GXjmfIC.png

zVVbtEG.png

soUhId1.png

NEQB6ay.png

d6N4IqV.png

5cGLEQv.png

kLzXDME.png
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    NA or EU?

How come I never experienced any lag on EU server? Except streak can never hit anything, but not movement or desync lag that would sometimes happen in PvE zones.

I even survived one player tonight until another killed him :)
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably PC NA.

Playing at the same time in PC NA, had no lag.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    NA or EU?
    Look to his/her signature :)

I experienced exactly the same yesterday (look at my signature :) ) as OP.
    Even a fight 7 vs 5 was more laggy then usually when a ball fight vs. 40.
    It was just random what happend...
    Edited by Zabagad on August 14, 2021 7:43AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Ythotha
    Ythotha
    ✭✭✭
    Its very saddening but they are NOT going to fix lag issues in cyrodil
    Either they are unable to or unwilling doesnt matter, its been here 5 years ago, it is here today
    All the stuff they been doing past patches about "performance improvements" are just a carrot on a stick to make people not quit.
    I know this is a lot of salt but it is true

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by Ythotha on August 23, 2021 11:54AM
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ythotha wrote: »
    Its very saddening but they are NOT going to fix lag issues in cyrodil
    Either they are unable to or unwilling doesnt matter, its been here 5 years ago, it is here today
    All the [snip] they been doing past patches about "performance improvements" are just a carrot on a stick to make people not quit.
    I know this is a lot of salt but it is true

ZOS still hasn't fix the combat mount bug, yet.... Takes forever to reach from keep to keep when you're stuck in combat for most of the time. If they can't fix the combat bug... they certainly can't fix the lag issue.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 21, 2021 5:25PM
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else noticed that the Alliance War subforum is lucky to see 3 posts in 24 hours now days? Either the vast majority of the PvP players have moved on, or they feel it's a waste of time to post on the forum about the same issues they've posted about for the last 3-4 years.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the Alliance War subforum is lucky to see 3 posts in 24 hours now days? Either the vast majority of the PvP players have moved on, or they feel it's a waste of time to post on the forum about the same issues they've posted about for the last 3-4 years.

It's clearly a waste of time, I've given up. [snip]

I honestly wish there a big content creator that pvp's to make a video on lag, so it would be the first thing popped up on YouTube when searching the game.

[edited for discussing moderator action]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 23, 2021 12:50PM
  • Pattceht
    Pattceht
    ✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    CSose wrote: »

It's clearly a waste of time, I've given up. [snip]

I honestly wish there a big content creator that pvp's to make a video on lag, so it would be the first thing popped up on YouTube when searching the game.

There used to be alot of YouTubers posting but they appear to have long ago given up on that.

Cross healing obviously effects performance and so does aoe spam, its not rocket science, but if they change things again maybe they risk killing something which is already dying?

Or considering there's a new mmo pvp game coming out soon they cut their losses already.
    [edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 23, 2021 12:51PM
  • Pattceht
    Pattceht
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Pattceht on August 22, 2021 1:23AM
  • Klabbath
    Klabbath
    Best thing to do is just to leave. [snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 22, 2021 10:18AM
    PC - EU
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a double edged sword:
    1) play during primetime: lag, can't cast skills, rage
    2) play off times: few fights, horse simulator, bored

• Klabbath
    Klabbath
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    It's a double edged sword:
    1) play during primetime: lag, can't cast skills, rage
    2) play off times: few fights, horse simulator, bored

Indeed. For how long have this been going on? And if we think historically, as a point of reference. Will there ever be a change?
    PC - EU
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today in guild raid people were talking about how the mere use of the terms 'lag' or 'performance' got them auto silenced during the last live stream.

It does seem like that's where things are at. The message does seem to be "shut up or go away".
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

As a pvp community we’ve mostly accepted that this is the state of things. It won’t get better. There used to be so many pvp threads on these forums and Reddit, so many eso are pvp videos posted on YouTube regularly, so many pvp streamers.

[snip]

We remain because on the occasions the game runs smoothly we are reminded of the brilliance of eso pvp combat and mechanics. We see (or remember) how amazing it can be. And we stay because a viable replacement game hasn’t emerged. We’ll see what happens at the end of September.

[Edited for Bashing]
    Edited by Psiion on August 22, 2021 7:07PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    [snip]

As a pvp community we’ve mostly accepted that this is the state of things. It won’t get better. There used to be so many pvp threads on these forums and Reddit, so many eso are pvp videos posted on YouTube regularly, so many pvp streamers.

[snip]

We remain because on the occasions the game runs smoothly we are reminded of the brilliance of eso pvp combat and mechanics. We see (or remember) how amazing it can be. And we stay because a viable replacement game hasn’t emerged. We’ll see what happens at the end of September.

[Edited for Bashing]

[snip]

[snip]

Unfortunately, despite whatever the underlying cause is (desire vs. ability), history up to this point has clearly demonstrated that PvP can't be fixed. I've only been here two years, but all I have personally witnessed is a slow but consistent degradation of performance.

For me the most noticeable decline was with the block changes patch, and it's been a quickly accelerating downward descent from there. I have never once seen anything done that has improved performance on the players end, I have only ever seen it get worse. The "year of performance" was, if we're being honest with ourselves, just a year of continually decreasing performance.

I've already given up hope it will ever be fixed. I don't have anything to base that on but historical trends, but given those trends are consistent in their outcome, I have seen no reason to believe otherwise.

So, yeah. It's unfortunate. I'd really love for this game to work again (or ever, in my case), but I'm not expecting to ever see it.

[edited to remove quote and discussion of disciplinary action]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 26, 2021 12:29PM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

It's already noticeably worse due to the new sets. You can watch your performance numbers bottom out as soon as you get near people running some of these new sets.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been quite nice in no-cp lately
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the multi thread option, improves the gameplay for many players.
    Biro123 wrote: »
    It's been quite nice in no-cp lately

I agree non-cp have been nice the last days even in big fights.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the performance has only gotten worse and worse. Zos needs to fix this or theyre about to lose a lot of money to New World.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly the performance has only gotten worse and worse. Zos needs to fix this or theyre about to lose a lot of money to New World.

But the exodus to New World will take a lot of high apm players off the eso servers thereby improving performance. :|
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since activating multithreading I'm getting a much smoother experience. Ability lag still persists in server vs. server battles during prime time, but I experience way less stuttering, fewer framerate drops, etc. It still needs to be improved, and it can still be difficult to play during primetime especially with a melee set-up, but this is the first instance in a long time where I saw a significant improvement.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are comments I took in chat in about an hour. I left early, when my Guild were still there because I coul not bear anymore this thing.
    Is this the best you can do ZoS?

qONFWmg.png

75w2jRD.png

APLYvZS.png
    Kk47Wq9.png
    GXjmfIC.png

zVVbtEG.png

soUhId1.png

NEQB6ay.png

d6N4IqV.png

5cGLEQv.png

kLzXDME.png

I LOLED so hard at this I got a hiccup! :lol:
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?