The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Prepare for the Procalypse

Pelican
Pelican
✭✭✭✭✭
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No context to this gear the person who died was using or their stats.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

It hit for 27k, as a proc. Even no gear or max gear with more reduction, this is very wrong. Although I agree, I could use more context here too.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Procs are just the tip of the iceberg...
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelican wrote: »

You don't need much context to know it is an OP set, target HP was 37k, even if he was naked, their is no proc on live that deals even half the damage of convergence.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does it even deal so much damage against à single target? Isn't it like 2k tooltip and then another 4k to someone at the center?
    Edited by Dracane on August 21, 2021 1:36PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He’s a person i found on pts on a pvp build. If you guys are concerned I set this up, you can take my initial PL hit dmg (1875), and look at my present spell dmg/max mag etc and get a rough estimate that clearly shows its not a 0 resist guy or anything
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • MadeInVN
    MadeInVN
    ✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

37k HP and on PTS server where everyone tests builds.. I don't think anybody needs to know what gear the other person runs to see why this set is broken.

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelican is an upstanding player, they wouldn't set this up deliberately to make impressions. As for it going to live, it doesn't surprise me; ZOS has a history of ignoring the testing people have done on the PTS (on their own free, unpaid time, no less), letting broken sets and skills make it to live, thus having an entire patch of broken meta, and then nerf them in the next update.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there is no doubt that set is way overtuned for single target. They should at least require 4 people to get caught in the middle to have that much damage. If only 1 person gets caught it should be about 25% of that amount of damage.

If this goes live you will literally see everyone being warden in BGs with this, just jump into a pile and hit gripping shards and watch the show. What happens when 4 people put this down in the same pile. Or necro drop remote totem on a pile of players.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Convergence, as well as hrothgar and probably plague carrier will all need to be nerfed.

But this is nothing new. ZOS loves to add OP sets and then nerf them later as if it wasn't obvious they were too good. I'm guessing they just want players grinding for them.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Convergence, as well as hrothgar and probably plague carrier will all need to be nerfed.

But this is nothing new. ZOS loves to add OP sets and then nerf them later as if it wasn't obvious they were too good. I'm guessing they just want players grinding for them.

I think you are right this is a business model to give existing players something to grind. And by making the best ones part of PVP I think they are trying to buff up the diminishing population. As much as I am sick of BGs I might have to do them after launch just to fill up sticker book and sell some of this gear.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this damage is on paper without the person moving (you can move out of the range rather easily if you notice it), I predict that a lot of people will move to no-cp because of these sets. Not because of damage, but because it will be impossible to siege anything because there will be always that one bumhole that will pop out of wall and wipe 70% of the sieging group. Especially now when DK Corrosive also ignore Spell Resistance (so DK can now bomb with proxi too, pop Corro, pop Immovable pot, run inside the group).

Can we just return to that one week when sieges were bugged and did twice the damage to players instead of making the age of kamikaze?
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How surprising, another patch, another new gamebreaking stuff.
    This will make it to live, but will get fixed on the next DLC, don't worry.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played around with this set and honestly don't feel threatened by it. It's a very long 4 seconds before the explosion, with a very short (1 second) stun that actually "gifts" its targets with stun immunity. Even without the stamina to break free, targets have more than enough time to move away from the center, or mitigate with block, mist form, etc. After that, it's a full 16 seconds before the set can proc again.

The only time I ever see this actually connecting and killing targets is in very chaotic fights where targets are distracted, don't pay attention to what's going on and just "stand in stupid".

Edited by propertyOfUndefined on August 22, 2021 5:32PM
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 meter guys, you have 3 sec (with cc immunity) to go out of the 3 meter, one roll is literally enough.
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played around with this set and honestly don't feel threatened by it. It's a very long 4 seconds before the explosion, with a very short (1 second) stun that actually "gifts" its targets with stun immunity. Even without the stamina to break free, targets have more than enough time to move away from the center, or mitigate with block, mist form, etc. After that, it's a full 16 seconds before the set can proc again.

The only time I ever see this actually connecting and killing targets is in very chaotic fights where targets are distracted, don't pay attention to what's going on and just "stand in stupid".

All good 1v1 but once groups get paired up with sets that pull and then can be followed by a stun because the pull doesn't grant CC immunity...well. Good luck.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    All good 1v1 but once groups get paired up with sets that pull and then can be followed by a stun because the pull doesn't grant CC immunity...well. Good luck.

I believe it’s “rush of agony” that doesn’t give CC immunity. The 1 second stun from “dark convergence” does. Even without rolling, 4 seconds to get out of the aoe should be cake.

I just can’t imagine this working the way most people seem to think it will. I think it will be way less effective than using harmony + grave robber + silver leash, because with a combo like that the burst is triggered on demand.
    Edited by propertyOfUndefined on August 22, 2021 9:28PM
  • novemberhhh
    novemberhhh
    ✭✭✭
    deja vu
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »

but before you can grind, you need to BUY dlc and that's what it's all about
    Edited by hands0medevil on August 23, 2021 7:25AM
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter if there's a few seconds and "you can move out of the area". Have you ever been to Cyrodiil?

Good luck moving out of something that won't display is evening happening over half of the time. Never mind the part where it's going to be a lot more than 1 person with the set on and them or others utilizing rush of agony with it.

This patch should not go live yet.

Period.

This is getting ridiculous. You're going to release yet another bit of broken content for an entire game segment the same week or the week after (on consoles) as your most detrimental upcoming competitor is going to release an entire game that runs better?

I'm just saying. A spade is a spade.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This... scares me.

20210825000726_1.jpg

And this to a lesser extent. Teaches me to stand next to a bunch of purge spammers.

20210824231702_1.jpg
    Edited by Vevvev on August 25, 2021 4:15AM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK