The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Am I the only one bothered by backwards books on bookshelves?

Catseye2001
Catseye2001
Soul Shriven
I searched the forum, and I don't see anything on this specific topic, but it's driving me nuts.

I love libraries and bookshelves, but I can't stand having books with their spines to the back of the bookshelf, which seems to be the common placement for them on new bookcases since Western Skyrim. I literally can't stand to use any of the beautiful new bookcases that have this flaw, because I don't want to waste furnishing slots putting books over the backward books.

The skyrim ones were particularly annoying, because even though they could be approached from either direction, about half of the books were backwards either way!

Couldn't we maybe have "X-type bookshelf, disorganized" and "X-type bookshelf, orderly"?

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Frankly, it's a wonder that the Nords of Solitude even own books at all, much less stored some of them the correct way." - some snotty Dunmer, somewhere.

But, uh, yeah. This is ridiculous.

o71ZSBO.jpg
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 1, 2021 3:59PM
    Answer ✓
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're definitely not alone. They can't even fill them properly or place them standing, and they continued this garbage with the Leyawiin bookshelves

original-2b9b9908a876af7e8429484c2dc616f5bf009cc0.jpg

Way to ruin a big, nice bookcase.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on September 1, 2021 7:04PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Answer ✓
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are not the only one.

*eye twitches*
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Answer ✓
  • Catseye2001
    Catseye2001
    Soul Shriven
    You're definitely not alone. They can't even fill them properly or place them standing, and they continued this garbage with the Leyawiin bookshelves

original-2b9b9908a876af7e8429484c2dc616f5bf009cc0.jpg

Way to ruin a big, nice bookcase.

YES!

This bothers me so much about the Leyawiin bookshelves, because they're beautiful otherwise.

If I had an insane character as likely to chew on books as to read them, maybe I could use these bookshelves, but I don't have any Orcs at this time. ;)
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭

If I had an insane character as likely to chew on books as to read them, maybe I could use these bookshelves, but I don't have any Orcs at this time. ;)

Urag gro-Shub from the College of Winterhold is offended by your Orc comment.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also wish pre-filled bookshelves were more neatly done, and had spines I. I don't mind that there are some stacks, and would be good some some knick-knacks asses as well, but these are just sloppy looking.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it seems like little to no effort went into these. Honestly I wouldn't mind it so much IF they had also done a neat orderly one as well! It would have been nice to break them up visually. I would have liked for the less filled one to be mostly neat though. Then you have room to customize it a bit. I honestly don't know WHAT they are thinking half the time!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You clearly aren't alone, but i'm less offended by their placement than others seem to be. Some heavy or tall books are best stored horizontally. Besides, books are meant to be handled and enjoyed; their unordered appearance gives me that impression sometimes.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine these huge bookcases full of books placed properly! But zos has other plans.