Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has there been any word on a 3rd companion?

Khold90
Khold90
Soul Shriven
Basically the title. Searching around I can only find results from June about the 2 existing companions and radio silence since then.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I've seen from Rich it's to be decided upon zos's info after some time companions are live, so it's probably not in works until they'll see the data about people liking this feature enough.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not expect any word of an additional companion until the next zone DLC is spoken about and only then if it would be part of that DLC. It would not make sense to start talking about that DLC until the current dungeon DLC is fully released.
  • Khold90
    Khold90
    Soul Shriven
    I would hope that 3 months would have been enough time.

Would be a real shame if the keystone feature of blackwood isn't expanded with at least 1 more character so we can spec them into the trifecta.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khold90 wrote: »
    I would hope that 3 months would have been enough time.

Would be a real shame if the keystone feature of blackwood isn't expanded with at least 1 more character so we can spec them into the trifecta.

It has not been three months since the current DLC has been fully launched because we are in the middle of that launch. Also,

I would be surprised if Zenimax added new companions to every zone DLC so I would not be surprised if we do not see any more until next year.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No word yet however there has been rumors of a fourth companion.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m hoping for at least one of each class. After we get one for each class, I would assume they would start selling them in the crown store because then the differences in the crown store versions would be cosmetic only.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my days… imagine a Khajiit companion!

I think the companion thing has been done a lot better than I expected.. I’ve been quietly impressed I must say…
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @Khold90. No news on a new companion to share at this time. Keep tabs on our various news and social channels for future updates.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In an interview a few months back Rich said there would be more but they wanted to focus on quality over quantity.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't used the companions feature yet, but I've been reading the threads discussing them. What I'd like to see is for the existing companions name and appearance to be changeable, e.g. via a "Companion name/appearance change token" ? That would solve the "Attack of the Clones" problem.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I haven't used the companions feature yet, but I've been reading the threads discussing them. What I'd like to see is for the existing companions name and appearance to be changeable, e.g. via a "Companion name/appearance change token" ? That would solve the "Attack of the Clones" problem.

The companions are particular characters not pets. They won't, and shouldn't, get features that change their character significantly.

So no altering their faces, races, changing their name, etc.

We should be able to give them helmets or major adornments though, those aren't different than clothes.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

The companions are particular characters not pets. They won't, and shouldn't, get features that change their character significantly.

We should be able to give them helmets or major adornments though, those aren't different than clothes.
    I understand that, but it's weird seeing all these copies. If they're particular characters, we should only see 1 of each, so having each one as a "companion" of who-knows-how-many players is odd, to say the least.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that 95% of work with companions was making whole system from scratch. Adding more is some work (designing new character, wrote lines, voiceover for them, making quests and skills, etc.) but it's that much work to do, so I have hope that we will see one new character in Q4 DLC. It would be lame to keep us with only teo companions for whole year, especially when whole system is new. In future we can have lesser frequency of adding new characters, but now we need more.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey ZOS - Please lean into developing companions, feel free to go weird. It's a great way to explore corners of lore, each companion is their own unreliable narrator of.. IDK... a reluctant werewolf behemouth... a half-minotaur exiled from their clan... a necromancer with a literal change of heart... or just the nastiest rogue.. you tell the story and I will enjoy.

It took me ages to find my forum log-in, and I did it because companions are the only non-event thing in ESO I've been passionate about for too long. In my ideal world all of my 18 characters would have their own unique companion.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

I understand that, but it's weird seeing all these copies. If they're particular characters, we should only see 1 of each, so having each one as a "companion" of who-knows-how-many players is odd, to say the least.

That's why I think they should allow helmets.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi @Khold90. No news on a new companion to share at this time. Keep tabs on our various news and social channels for future updates.

I hope the next companion is someone a little more shady... one that doesn't freak out when you use the Blade of Woe or do any stealing, access thieves troves, etc. At least Mirri doesn't mind the stealing, but the negative rapport from Blade of Woe or Dark Brotherhood stuff is annoying... and Bastian is pretty much useless for anyone who participates in anything that isn't a 'white knight' playstyle. It would be great to have a companion who actually made sarcastic comments when you DID the white knight stuff... and was pleased when you do the more shady things. ;)
    Edited by ADarklore on September 1, 2021 9:48PM
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are going to do it proper there needs to be nine companions ;)
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Khold90
    Khold90
    Soul Shriven
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    a reluctant werewolf behemouth...

I would love a werewolf behemoth companion. Especially if they use a scaled down model like they were a runt from moon hunter keep who escaped before we went there.

Plus being a MHK werewolf they would have access to magicka based attacks. Between destro staff arcane nova and perhaps some melee magicka from warden they could be rather fun.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the companions in every way but my only real niggle is they take so long to level rapport with - I swear the bar hasn't moved.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope we get more companions. Like, at least one of each playable race? And maybe even a Sea Elf companion?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cynical, pessimistic, snarky female argonian templar.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Hey ZOS - Please lean into developing companions, feel free to go weird. It's a great way to explore corners of lore, each companion is their own unreliable narrator of.. IDK... a reluctant werewolf behemouth... a half-minotaur exiled from their clan... a necromancer with a literal change of heart... or just the nastiest rogue.. you tell the story and I will enjoy.

It took me ages to find my forum log-in, and I did it because companions are the only non-event thing in ESO I've been passionate about for too long. In my ideal world all of my 18 characters would have their own unique companion.

If Bastian isn't weird enough... ;)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wouldn't expect either a warden or necromancer themed companion for a very long time...we've already received a dragonknight and nightblade companion build...either a templar or sorcerer (with some kind of ability to summon i'd imagine) next...

sorcerer seems like it will be difficult to execute - my guess is the next companion is some sort of templar themed build...race wise - i wouldn't expect to see an argonian or khajiit anytime soon, probably an altmer or nord...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 1, 2021 11:29PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TwoHawks
    TwoHawks
    ✭✭
    Please make one of the new companions be a Khajiit.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the record, i wouldn't mind if bastian had less instances of dialogue...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin your message isn't showing up in the Dev tracker.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    they need to make a mute button for Them. Or we need some savy modders to make em shut up.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No word yet however there has been rumors of a fourth companion.

😂😂😂😂😂
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the catch, @Ratzkifal! Added it.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if it's not possible to retrofit back to older quests, at least going forward have our companions react to quest decisions we make appropriately with rapport.

Perhaps have more of these decisions as well so leveling rapport isn't all about grinding dailies, but a more organic experience.