The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Teleport price

HyekAr
HyekAr
✭✭✭
What do you think if teleport instead of being for golds, be for crystals?
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd prefer it stay as a gold price.. we have enough currencies :smile: I see it as paying a fee to the Mages Guild
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Do u think? Hmm I am acumulating a lot of crystals, and using them only for res and charge.. mb there should be more use of it. And also I thought that becoming as a consumible it would be valueble for trading
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do many people actually pay to use wayshrines? I don’t believe I’ve ever paid (not intentionally, anyway).
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HyekAr wrote: »
    Do u think? Hmm I am acumulating a lot of crystals, and using them only for res and charge.. mb there should be more use of it. And also I thought that becoming as a consumible it would be valueble for trading

I'd much prefer to keep my soul gems.. they're very useful when you do a lot of trials
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭

I'd much prefer to keep my soul gems.. they're very useful when you do a lot of trials

Yes, thats why it will get big value for trading, colecting
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still just prefer the current system..
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is OKay as it is, there are already too many currencies in the game.
    PC EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    Do many people actually pay to use wayshrines? I don’t believe I’ve ever paid (not intentionally, anyway).

I started doing so on a few occasions after I accumulated 50 million gold in my bank. But even now, I do it only rarely.

• Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pls do not go that way, selling 200 filled soul stones is good income as is.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I pay mostly while doing survey maps as I dont go back to wayshrines which are far away from where I had to go.
    Like me I see many doing the same,and it already costs nothing with the passive maxed out (73 gold) and it is even a only small one,but still a gold sink which we need more.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you pay for transfer when you have jump to friend / guild member / house for free?
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're in one relatively active guild, it becomes irrelevant anyway because you can port for free to a guild member. Even if one isn't in the zone you wanna go, you can jump to him and from there jump to where you wanna go for free. That's why I only filled the Wanderer CP passive to the first rank, to jump further in the three.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Why would you pay for transfer when you have jump to friend / guild member / house for free?

To save time.
    As I am talking about my perspective from doing survey maps,in those times most of my friends arent online or sitting In cyrodiil.With guild members it happens the same or they are in locations I dont need to go,and to save double loading screen I just pay 73 gold.
    Each their own but to me it saves a lot of time and well,73 gold is not really that much to pay anyway.
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on August 31, 2021 10:30AM
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Ksariyu
    Ksariyu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think it's okay to keep the gold fee on travel. It makes some sort of sense lore-wise, and provides at least some form of gold sink.

As for the issue of Soul Gems, perhaps a better solution would be to reduce the amount given by random tasks. It might not be a bad thing to go back to when people had to either buy them from other players or charge them themselves.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ksariyu wrote: »
    Personally I think it's okay to keep the gold fee on travel. It makes some sort of sense lore-wise, and provides at least some form of gold sink.

As for the issue of Soul Gems, perhaps a better solution would be to reduce the amount given by random tasks. It might not be a bad thing to go back to when people had to either buy them from other players or charge them themselves.

Given by random tasks.? Like what.? I loot mine and recharge them via the soul skill line
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To save time.
    As I am talking about my perspective from doing survey maps,in those times most of my friends arent online or sitting In cyrodiil.With guild members it happens the same or they are in locations I dont need to go,and to save double loading screen I just pay 73 gold.
    Each their own but to me it saves a lot of time and well,73 gold is not really that much to pay anyway.

I don't know, I have never used it on Live servers even with minimum price, as at the worst case I can jump to the outside of Cyrodiil Jungle House in Malabal Tor. That way I waste up to 30 seconds, maybe, on second loading screen, but that is nothing compared to an hour running back and forth collecting the survey in just one zone.
    one mer to find them,
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ksariyu wrote: »

Given by random tasks.? Like what.? I loot mine and recharge them via the soul skill line

That’s where most of mine come from. It’s nice that filling them automatically launders them.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Well I also think that most of the ppl who writes in this forum dont use usual teleport, but even so, there is a lot of gamers who does

The idea of souls is making them more demanded
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We lack goldsinks and albeit this being a small one I wouldn't want to see it removed. Personally I travel like that 95% of the time already even before ZoS added CP that half the cost of it.

It's a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of gold you get by just playing the game and a lot more people would use it if they were efficiency focused.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I value my crystals much more than the minimal gold I pay for the convenience of getting to where I want to go quickly.

I save my crystals for resurrection and for charging my weapons. Gold is very easy to earn.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. My 1st teleport costs 70 gold currently, if not mistaken.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not interested in giving you or anyone else another way to scalp other players. It's fine for gold.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have either of the first two, and #3 depends on where the house is vs my currant goal, and if I feel like going through two load screens.

So, yeah - sometimes I'll jump to a wayshrine. Especially during dailies and/or multi-alt events.
    (like with the Wrothgar thing right now - grab a delve daily, go do the delve, pay to port back out from where I killed the boss instead of fighting all the way back out. ~130g vs time? Easy choice.)
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just takes longer and always has the risk of others being at the wrong wayshrine just to save insignificant amounts of gold. A few houses are nice though now that we can port outside of them.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never paid to port, except once or twice by accident. Even so, it's pocket change.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »

I always teleport to my sugar bowl and then go to wayshrine

$131 is too expensive! Also I put craft stations and merchant/bank at home for fast inventory clearing.
  • Franchise408
    Franchise408
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because that wont always take you where you are looking to go
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because that wont always take you where you are looking to go
    It will take me to any wayshrine, from where in 30 seconds I will get to any other place (or in 5 seconds, if this is the same zone).
    one mer to find them,
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just comes down to whether play time or gold is more precious to you, whether you want to save ten pence by using the few seconds the extra jump takes.