Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OLDER PLAYERS

LuciusEsox
LuciusEsox
✭✭
Just wonder if there is anyone out there over 50 who plays ESO. Yeah I know but you don't stop playing coz you get old, you get old coz you stop playing.
As am over that age myself just looking to play with people of a similar mindset as I don't want to be younger playing the game I want to act my age in all it's shameful glory :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of us here. In fact, ZOS even had a dedicated test group just for us old folks back in beta.

Now back to my afternoon nap ...
    yawn.gif

• LuciusEsox
    LuciusEsox
    ✭✭
    Lol...

I didn't know that and have been playing on and off myself since release. So do you play with people of the more "mature" kind mostly and if so how can I get an in :)
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There a quite a few of us over 50 around these parts. However if you want to talk to the old people you might want to ask the 70+ gang.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are plenty of us. I’m 73 and I play everyday.
  • C0L0SSUS
    C0L0SSUS
    ✭✭
    I had a 72 yrs old Guldie and I am a grandpa ... hitting 90+ and clear all the vet and some HM trials ... I meet a lot of 'older' ppl in 6 yrs ESO 😇 .. some of them very skilled and " dangerous ". 😂😂
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    59 and counting...been here since a month after PC release
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Shalandoria
    Shalandoria
    Soul Shriven
    55 been playing for the last 5-6yrs.
  • LuciusEsox
    LuciusEsox
    ✭✭
    Wow, Cool, Hi all 👍

Next question then. Do any of you know where you could play with an older age group on a regular basis ? And if so can I play 😉😎
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't worry about age per se, just having fun...I have no idea how old or young my fellow guildies are come to think of it
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • LuciusEsox
    LuciusEsox
    ✭✭
    Your answers people have inspired me to look around and it seems there is a Guild posting on this forum that might just fit the bill.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you are on PC/EU, this is a good start:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/en-pc-mac-eu

I'm mainly on PC/NA (although i have an account on PC/EU), so i can't really help you with the whole guild situation.
    sad.gif

• Nazekeen
    Nazekeen
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm a guild officer in a guild that started as "high-end-mature", our oldest member is like, 75 and most of us are 40+. We accept members of all ages, though we aim for those over 30. Feel free to check us out https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/558843/clan-hammeraxe-small-mature-guild-seeking-active-members-to-join-our-adventures#latest
      Crazy Khajiit Lady
    • Nazekeen Khajiit NB: 9 trait crafter, farmer, housing enthousiast, built for speed, not damage
    • Addhiranirr Khajiit DK: tanking for fun only, no serious business
    • Ayliza Bloodmoon Khajiit Pet Sorc: Main character, dd
    • S'Raani Khajiit Healplar: Main healer
    • Rabynna Khajiit Magplar: solitary cat, likes quests
    • Aqir di Kha'Jay Khajiit Plar: experimental dd/solo build
    • Maiq the Healer Khajiit Warden healer: Only male character
    • Yenithka Rishajiit Khajiit Sorc Healer: Still learning
    • Qari Morna Khajiit Magcro: Working on learning DoT rotation
    • Jajofa Zatayer Khajiit Necro Healer/offDD: Catalyst/Saxhleel
    • Zissqara Khajiit Sorc: low level, going to be a tank
    • Zira Hejta Khajiit Arcanist: low level, going to be a dd
  • Anticrystal
    Anticrystal
    Soul Shriven
    Question: Are you PC NA? I looked around but didn't see anything about that one way or the other. Thanks!
  • Nazekeen
    Nazekeen
    ✭✭✭
    Question: Are you PC NA? I looked around but didn't see anything about that one way or the other. Thanks!

Assuming the question is aimed at me :smile: we are PC EU
      Crazy Khajiit Lady
    • Nazekeen Khajiit NB: 9 trait crafter, farmer, housing enthousiast, built for speed, not damage
    • Addhiranirr Khajiit DK: tanking for fun only, no serious business
    • Ayliza Bloodmoon Khajiit Pet Sorc: Main character, dd
    • S'Raani Khajiit Healplar: Main healer
    • Rabynna Khajiit Magplar: solitary cat, likes quests
    • Aqir di Kha'Jay Khajiit Plar: experimental dd/solo build
    • Maiq the Healer Khajiit Warden healer: Only male character
    • Yenithka Rishajiit Khajiit Sorc Healer: Still learning
    • Qari Morna Khajiit Magcro: Working on learning DoT rotation
    • Jajofa Zatayer Khajiit Necro Healer/offDD: Catalyst/Saxhleel
    • Zissqara Khajiit Sorc: low level, going to be a tank
    • Zira Hejta Khajiit Arcanist: low level, going to be a dd
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    C0L0SSUS wrote: »
    I had a 72 yrs old Guldie and I am a grandpa ... hitting 90+ and clear all the vet and some HM trials ... I meet a lot of 'older' ppl in 6 yrs ESO 😇 .. some of them very skilled and " dangerous ". 😂😂

Wow, so you are more than 90 years old?

• kate.georgeb16_ESO
    kate.georgeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes plenty of us here, I'm in my 60s and have played since the beta.
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Plenty of us here. In fact, ZOS even had a dedicated test group just for us old folks back in beta.

Now back to my afternoon nap ...
    yawn.gif

Don't have to be old timer to take afternoon naps o:)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of us. I’m 73 and I play everyday.

I'm @DarcyMardin's husband, and I play similarly often.

The day before the current event started, I stepped into Dragonstar Arena for the first time ever to gauge its difficulty, and soloed the first six rounds before getting overwhelmed by the sacrifice-spawned daedra. Darcy and I have been farming for Master's weapons accordingly.

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm old...er and I can recommend a nice guild called The Wombles on PC EU, that only accepts over 30s.

What I'd really really like though, is to play with some older people in my timezone - ie Australia, but apparently there aren't enough Australians interested in forming a guild on EU, let alone older ones ;_;
    Edited by LadyLethalla on August 31, 2021 10:34AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • OmniaRR
    OmniaRR
    Older player here (+/- 60) and there are some others in the guild, feel free to have a look B)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/597873/pc-eu-vae-victis-a-guild-for-cool-and-laid-back-people-is-recruiting#latest

...older player so please speak slowly... ;-) - Guild ...still searching ^^
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm 61 and have been playing nearly every day since the beginning. At this point, for many of us ESO is more of a hobby than a game. I do little of everything in ESO. Some PvP, Undaunted runs and I'm an active trader in my guilds.There are a lot of guilds run by older players. Of the 4 or 5 MMOs I've played over 30 years, ESO does better at delivering the content older players like. Only the ancient Ultima Online does as good a job as ESO at providing storytelling, PvP, crafting, guilds, etc. all of it in one game.

(ps. yes I'm aware of ESO problems, UO has problems like that also :p )
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting 63 this year and I'm playing ESO for five years now almost every day and I still enjoy it a lot !

Looking forward to next chapter and new companions B)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be 60 in April....

Can't act my age - I've never been this age before ;)