The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Glorious Year One coffers not dropping motif or style pages

• LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Ticket # 210827-002758
    I sent a help report in as requested and even mentioned this post in the forum and I got back an answer telling me motifs *are not* guaranteed from the Glorious coffer and linking me to the page that specifically states they *are* guaranteed. [snip] ZOS is aware of an issue and I'm still getting incorrect information and linked to a page that directly contradicts what support told me and what was posted in this thread.

Yep, got the same answer today. Sometimes I wonder if the first reply to a ticket is purposefully useless so that people will just stop bothering since it’s so much of a hassle to even get someone to read the ticket properly. It’s disheartening.

I'd encourage you to respond to the survey if you received it and explain that your answer was 100% incorrect and that support must need more information, training or higher standards because sending contradictory information on a known problem isn't satisfactory to anyone. [snip]

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_GabeS on August 29, 2021 5:21PM
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a stolen purple coffer, I think from looting a thieves trove in Wrothgar. It contained 7 stolen Key Fragments, which can not be laundered (other stuff in it was fence compatible). I assume it's a bug.
    Edited by rpa on August 29, 2021 7:52PM
  • comicfan22
    comicfan22
    ✭✭
    Heya, Im just chiming in that I also recieved a glorious year one coffer with no style page. @comicfan22 PC NA.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    I got a stolen purple coffer, I think from looting a thieves trove in Wrothgar. It contained 7 stolen Key Fragments, which can not be laundered (other stuff in it was fence compatible). I assume it's a bug.

Maybe if you can get enough additional stolen key fragments, you can assemble them to make a stolen key? /jk

Seriously, though, some stolen things can be used as-is without needing to be laundered, such as lockpicks, motif pages, and Provisioning ingredients. I think stolen treasure maps should also work without being laundered, although I've never tried that because I always launder and bank them. I wonder if stolen key fragments can be used without being laundered?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd. If either gotten a maelstrom or old Orsinium drop every day.
  • Luvtantius_Micocia
    Luvtantius_Micocia
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, updated the message here. Previously, we noted that the drops were working as intended. We were just notified by the dev team that they were able to reproduce the issue of the style or motif page not dropping as intended for some players. They are looking into the issue now. Sorry about the confusion earlier.

If you are not receiving a page, please submit a ticket and we can check out your case individually as the issue is being investigated. Thanks so much.

I submitted a ticket and explained the problem. I got a canned response back with what drops from this event. is there another way to have checked out my case?
    I like eating sweetrolls and crushing skulls, and I am all out of sweetrolls.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All, updated the message here. Previously, we noted that the drops were working as intended. We were just notified by the dev team that they were able to reproduce the issue of the style or motif page not dropping as intended for some players. They are looking into the issue now. Sorry about the confusion earlier.

If you are not receiving a page, please submit a ticket and we can check out your case individually as the issue is being investigated. Thanks so much.

I submitted a ticket and explained the problem. I got a canned response back with what drops from this event. is there another way to have checked out my case?

I replied to my ticket that the info that was sent back was incorrect and got a response back saying I was indeed correct. They asked the name of the character and approximate time I opened the coffer. Luckily, I took a screenshot when I opened it.

Here’s hoping the character name Zosferatu isn’t against any terms of service…
  • Ariont
    Ariont
    ✭✭✭
    ticket submitted today - reference # 210830-001419
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm waiting for a response to my ticket after the initial please tell us the problem email. It didn't help that Zos treat gmail and googlemail as two different domains and wouldn't let me reply until I had added the other domain and set it to default to reply.
    Soupy twist
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone for submitting tickets related to this. We are getting them. We are currently working on addressing the issue related to the motif and style pages. We'll chime back in once we have a fix. Thanks everyone for your tickets and helping to identify this issue.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi Everyone. We want to update you on the issue around the Glorious Year One Coffer issue. We just deployed a hotfix to address this issue. Motif chapter style or the new Old Orsinium style pages are now working as intended. If anyone comes across additional issues related to this, please let us know. Thank you again for your patience.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Even though it's happened to me as well, I'm not worried about it enough to submit a Support ticket, especially since I didn't keep any sort of screenshots or other corroborating evidence.

About the only thing that comes to mind in the way of a SWAG is that when it happened to me, I got a new style page from my first golden coffer on one server, but didn't get either a style page or motif page from my golden coffer on the other server, so maybe the fact that it wasn't my first golden coffer that day-- even though it was on a different server-- somehow mucked up the "guaranteed to drop" logic.

same boat here actually, I know it hasn't dropped any style pages the past 2 days, maybe 3 but wasn't paying attention and don't have the proof so can't be bothered to file a ticket now. If it happens again tomorrow though I probably will. And I only play on 1 server so that wasn't the issue you had
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone. We want to update you on the issue around the Glorious Year One Coffer issue. We just deployed a hotfix to address this issue. Motif chapter style or the new Old Orsinium style pages are now working as intended. If anyone comes across additional issues related to this, please let us know. Thank you again for your patience.

Cant you fix the Edu daily as well while you're at it?
    The fact that the prisoners have to be farmed by each player individually is extremely bad.
    Same with the rice at Ri'Atarashi at Southern Elsweyr.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna rly bother with submitting tickets because I already have motifs from this style and as for the style pages they do not really interest me anyway, I am more Dunmer focus player ;)
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL good thing they got this fixed on the day I got the last tickets i needed!

Yeah, I won't deal with CS unless absolutely necessary (like the vanishing items in the storage chests!)
    and that too was a huge waste of my time.

Just gotta keep telling myself it's like going to the movies; just because it sucks don't mean they gonna give you a refund.

• stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i open 2 yellow chest, with no motif or style page
  • Mycelius
    Mycelius
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin
    Hotfix not working.
    3rd Glorious box with no Style Page. Also no motif, just trash items.

PC-NA
    Edited by Mycelius on August 31, 2021 11:41AM
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    Uhhh, just opened a Glorious box and got a Legion Zero style page, no Old Orsinium page or motif. That's not right is it?

EDIT: On PC-NA
    Edited by HansK on August 31, 2021 1:07PM
  • Deanathrae
    Deanathrae
    ✭✭
    I have been having the same issue. Though I didn't take screenshots, and supposedly it's now fixed. I hope so!