Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Glorious Year One coffers not dropping motif or style pages

RevJJ
RevJJ
✭✭✭✭✭
*sigh*

E3-A826-A0-EC6-E-4-C6-E-9355-2-D6190-E8-BF45.jpg
Edited by RevJJ on August 27, 2021 6:21AM
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's bloody fantastic. Dare I say, GLORIOUS? Bwahahahaha!

In all seriousness I did get a motif page yesterday. Haven't done it today. It was one of the old ones though.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't been on since reset.

Opened my gold box yesterday and got a Ro Gada motif worth a few grand. Opened 8-10 purples and got a bunch of garbage- one style page, some fishing bait, 20 raw mats and the usual "treasures" that sell for 100 or 250 gold a piece. Oh, and an Ancient Orc style mat!

Decided the rewards were trash and not worth it. I'll do the bare minimum to get the event tickets and then... idk... go back to pvp I guess.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. Already opened 2 and didn't get a style page or a motif page from either of them.
    PS | EU
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The drops have definitely been lackluster. Only doing one daily quest in Wrothgar to replenish event tickets. Not worth doing any more than thar.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have yet to get a style page, and the rewards in general have mostly been vendor trash.
    Would love to at least get mats, instead of 100 gold item to sell to a vendor.

But yes, can confirm style pages are not "guaranteed" on the glorious coffer.
    Yes, they should be, but I have yet to get one....as OP has said.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got a style page from the second day gold coffer. I'm pretty sure I got a purple motif from the first day's, but I don't remember for certain. I've also gotten 3-4 motifs from the purple coffers without farming for them. Either I'm super lucky this event or it's bugged for some people but not others.
    PC NA
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got a orsinium page from a coffer I got after finishing MA.
    Was a purple box,didnt get any yellow one because am not doing dailies.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 2 of them so far.. They are not guaranteed, but they are there
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've gotten a couple of pages but I'm mainly doing it for the event tickets. Although it is nice farming 2x mats in Craglorn.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Except they're supposed to be guaranteed, so if people are opening the gold boxes and not getting a Motif or Style chapter, it's a bug.

@ZOS_Kevin
    Something to possibly look into.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? I even got style pages out of the purple ones. Have 3 of the event style already as well as multiple other style pages.
    Edited by L_Nici on August 27, 2021 12:30PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    Except they're supposed to be guaranteed, so if people are opening the gold boxes and not getting a Motif or Style chapter, it's a bug.

@ZOS_Kevin

Does it say so in the event disclaimer.?
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin

Is this one of those “tell me you haven’t read the opening post without telling me you haven’t read the opening post” things? 🤔
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be working for me. I’ve only got the Old Orsinium stuff so far across a number of accounts.

EDIT: Just got my first motif page - Malacath Shields.
    Edited by GenjiraX on August 27, 2021 1:29PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, updated the message here. Previously, we noted that the drops were working as intended. We were just notified by the dev team that they were able to reproduce the issue of the style or motif page not dropping as intended for some players. They are looking into the issue now. Sorry about the confusion earlier.

If you are not receiving a page, please submit a ticket and we can check out your case individually as the issue is being investigated. Thanks so much.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on August 27, 2021 4:40PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin

Is this one of those “tell me you haven’t read the opening post without telling me you haven’t read the opening post” things? 🤔

I simply asked.. I haven't read the entire text.. But it would not be the first time someone thought they were guaranteed, when they were not
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happened to me last night too. Not gonna bother submitting a ticket, it's just style pages.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, updated the message here. Previously, we noted that the drops were working as intended. We were just notified by the dev team that they were able to reproduce the issue of the style or motif page not dropping as intended for some players. They are looking into the issue now. Sorry about the confusion earlier.

If you are not receiving a page, please submit a ticket and we can check out your case individually as the issue is being investigated. Thanks so much.

Thanks for your reaction! Hopefully tickets won’t get the “ Item drops are based off of random loot tables. Etc.” auto response :)
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin

I simply asked.. I haven't read the entire text.. But it would not be the first time someone thought they were guaranteed, when they were not

The OP is literally one word and a picture showing the event disclaimer. It’s the very first post - the OP. I 100% know you only read the thread title and then commented.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is literally one word and a picture showing the event disclaimer. It’s the very first post - the OP. I 100% know you only read the thread title and then commented.

Which is ironic, his reason for assuming was that others sometimes assume.
    Edited by ArielSira on August 27, 2021 9:19PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though it's happened to me as well, I'm not worried about it enough to submit a Support ticket, especially since I didn't keep any sort of screenshots or other corroborating evidence.

About the only thing that comes to mind in the way of a SWAG is that when it happened to me, I got a new style page from my first golden coffer on one server, but didn't get either a style page or motif page from my golden coffer on the other server, so maybe the fact that it wasn't my first golden coffer that day-- even though it was on a different server-- somehow mucked up the "guaranteed to drop" logic.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A style page is guaranteed from the yellow coffer?
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »
    I 100% know you only read the thread title and then commented.

Not entirely true, but not worth the discussion either
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting low-value old motif pages.
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Guaranteed". I guess ESO Dev's and we players understand that word differently.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Folkb wrote: »
    A style page is guaranteed from the yellow coffer?
    No offense intended by this, but...again, it's stated right in the screenshot of the official post the OP posted in their first post that yes, the golden boxes are supposed to be guaranteed to drop either an Old Orsinium Style chapter, or a Motif chapter relating to the three DLCs that are part of the event. Kevin confirmed it several hours ago.

Please guys, read the OP and the posts in a thread, especially if the thread isn't even a full page long. Trust me I know it can be annoying to scroll through numerous replies but there are many cases where the answer to a question you have has already been provided.

EDIT because I can't do proper word order for the life of me tonight.
    Edited by Arunei on August 28, 2021 1:38AM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also got a gold coffer without a style page today.
    PC NA
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Ticket # 210827-002758
    I sent a help report in as requested and even mentioned this post in the forum and I got back an answer telling me motifs *are not* guaranteed from the Glorious coffer and linking me to the page that specifically states they *are* guaranteed. [snip] ZOS is aware of an issue and I'm still getting incorrect information and linked to a page that directly contradicts what support told me and what was posted in this thread.

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_GabeS on August 29, 2021 5:20PM
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Golden coffer but no style page today.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Ticket # 210827-002758
    I sent a help report in as requested and even mentioned this post in the forum and I got back an answer telling me motifs *are not* guaranteed from the Glorious coffer and linking me to the page that specifically states they *are* guaranteed. [snip] ZOS is aware of an issue and I'm still getting incorrect information and linked to a page that directly contradicts what support told me and what was posted in this thread.

Yep, got the same answer today. Sometimes I wonder if the first reply to a ticket is purposefully useless so that people will just stop bothering since it’s so much of a hassle to even get someone to read the ticket properly. It’s disheartening.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_GabeS on August 29, 2021 5:20PM