The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Very disappointed in no proc / no CP decision

• neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardhit wrote: »
    Introducing No-Proc into a campaign is a bad solution to the wrong problem. The dev focus should be on reducing lag and ensuring smooth game-play regardless of campaign.

The server/programming can't handle Gray Host at current population for current builds and add-ons when ball groups play and current population limits create unbearable queue times during prime-time play time.

A starting point is to re-balance server populations. ESO desperately needs more faction locked campaigns. Three faction locked campaigns would be ideal but a starting point would be to make at least one other campaign besides Gray Host Faction Locked.

An interesting test experiment would be to disable all add-ons in Gray Host as many speculate that add-ons are resulting in the majority of lag issues. (Even better would be to isolate the most offensive add-ons and disable the problem at the source - ie. create a global cool-down for add-on server pings in PVP zones).

Clearly, there is abundant interest in preserving a No-CP campaign but the players of No-CP should not be forced into a No-Proc environment. If devs are insistent on introducing No-Proc for the benefit of new players, create a separate campaign - the new equivalent of a <50 campaign. My advice - Faction Lock Blackreach, Keep Ravenwatch No-CP, and test full removal of add-ons in Gray Host with double AP bonus for a set time period. No-Proc isn't the answer to the right question.

If the devs are heart-set on Ravenwatch No-Proc, No-CP, do everyone a favor and at least faction lock it. That might at least limit the initial exodus.

Hardhit
    Heroes of the Pact (HOTP) Guild General

And yes, before anyone asks, HOTP continues to recruit high-quality members who love high-level PVP and PVE game-play.

No to the addon testing; we've had enough testing in Cyrodiil the past year :smile: 100% Agreement with everything else
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    I am happy with the decision. The test already showed nicer pvp. Less calculations from al those different sets that entangle the fights. Complaining on the forehand is not needed. Everyone can still use the same skills and run in the same group.
    From the start I had already a dislike of sets that do "the work", at least in PVP.
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    It is a shame that ESO went from "play how you want" to "play how the vocal minority wants you to"

exactly :( why dont they just do in game polling or something similar IN GAME rather than using these useless forums. It is literally the same like 10 names in every single thread.
  • Qrähe
    Qrähe
    ✭✭✭
    Whelp, I'm enjoying it. Funny how "high skilled" groups now fall so easily. Almost like something was carrying them.....
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you. I am not enjoying it at all and my guild has moved to Blackwood which I like even less. All the CP makes people stupid with sustain and the sets are out of contriol. I like the multitude of sets but without the CP to make it ridiculous.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Pattceht
    Pattceht
    ✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Good for you. I am not enjoying it at all and my guild has moved to Blackwood which I like even less. All the CP makes people stupid with sustain and the sets are out of contriol. I like the multitude of sets but without the CP to make it ridiculous.

What was you set variety before? If you're Stan you run something like vateshran + clever + pariah then either balorgh or blood spawn if your NB you replace pariah with a damage or sustain set. If you're mag you have. A little more variety but there's BIS for every class and why you deviate from it?

Or you just like variety for varieties sake?

I do miss a few sets but at the end of the day's set variety is just an illusion, think about how many sets are actually effective.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope I was a poison build. Not everyone is a slave to 'meta'
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭

To speak plainly, a number of EP guilds vanished out of Ravenswatch one or two campaigns ago when that faction no longer logged in to EMP and all 6 scrolls at the start of prime time as they had for like almost 2 years solid. To be blunt, most EP and DC guilds just don't know what to do with themselves when they aren't 20k points in the lead by day 5. While one may sympathize, it is what it is. Also, EP bullying its largest pug guild out of the game didn't help matters either. But those are both social reasons apart from any alteration in sets and that's what has accounted for EP's extremely low numbers for the last 3 campaigns.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Qrähe
    Qrähe
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like a NoCP no out of control proc sets campaign would be awesome.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qrähe wrote: »

Sounds like a NoCP no out of control proc sets campaign would be awesome.

Its the CP that makes the sets out of control. Without it the sets are fine.
    Edited by blktauna on September 1, 2021 3:52AM
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No proc no CP is very enjoyable. No CP with the new proc sets would be a real snipshow.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To speak plainly, a number of EP guilds vanished out of Ravenswatch one or two campaigns ago when that faction no longer logged in to EMP and all 6 scrolls at the start of prime time as they had for like almost 2 years solid. To be blunt, most EP and DC guilds just don't know what to do with themselves when they aren't 20k points in the lead by day 5. While one may sympathize, it is what it is. Also, EP bullying its largest pug guild out of the game didn't help matters either. But those are both social reasons apart from any alteration in sets and that's what has accounted for EP's extremely low numbers for the last 3 campaigns.

Ah, I wasn't aware of this aspect. I knew EP's pop had went down but I didn't know it was due to guild drama