The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Speak Up Please

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
If its not too much to ask can we please get someone from ZOS to speak up about the planned direction for battleground pvp and pvp balance in general?

There are so many posts about what class balance should look like. But everyone has their own opinion of what that should look like.

I would like to see some kind of official road map or statement pointing out the things focused on for things like balance.

Like are you guys intentionally wanting high damage builds that can kill in 2 seconds. Are you wanting crazy tanked out builds that can still hit 9k individual spells. Are you wanting all the classes to be at a similar damage range and if so is that range high damage or low damage? Do you guys (ZOS) consider pvp to be fine as it is?

I think there is a lot of confusion around this game and people's idea of what it should look like versus what it actually looks like. Because everyone wants their class or build to be best.

I think as players this would help educate us better about the game. And it would allow us to better decide if this is a game worth sticking around for. Or help educate us as to what builds we should be aiming for.

I think the lack of communication might be a major contributor for all the anger you see around battlegrounds.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    From what I saw in previous patches, ZOS loves, just loves making OP builds. If they wouldn't want that, previous proc tank meta would never existed. I just don't believe that they are so dumb, that they don't know what they were doing when applying those changes.

With that being said, I don't think ZOS does any favors to themselves with that behavior. Because I played BGs constantly, I could spend days just doing nothing but PvP. And what I noticed I see the same people over and over, meeting someone you killed before in another match is no big surprise.

Queue is very long too for the population ESO has and with no faction restriction in BGs, I think it should take 2 min at best. I also play SWTOR, population there is a lot lower, they have no faction restrictions in BGs either, and the pop is almost instant. I would understand if ESO BGs were faction restricted, like in WoW, that would bring they wait time for queue up. But there is none, so my only conclusion is that PvP isn't that popular in this game. And ZOS to blame for that, because new players are instantly discouraged from playing, too many reasons to list, and I made a long reply already... I will just mention that OP builds don't do justice to the game, except for that 1 or 10% that likes the way things are, those who don't like it, just leave, leaving that 10% of the population to playing among themselves..

I've been on the winning streak and I've been on the loosing streak, but what I noticed, that to take some players down, I have to use like two buttons, and they don't stand a chance, people that do that, calling it skill, but I don't see skill anywhere when the enemy doesn't stand a chance, its like killing a mob... With difference in gear being only set bonuses, I would say it's not a good balance, there is no balance, and often no challenge in this game. It all comes down to figuring out the most OP sets and sticking with them. Just use those sets and all the defensive buffs you find, and then, usually you won't need your skills, since you will kill people with one combo and those poor [snip] will just tickle you...

Didn't expect to write so much, but I guess I had to vent :D
    [edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 22, 2021 4:25PM
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually trying to intentionally not go after zos on this one or compare them to other games.
    I genuinely am just interested in what vision they have for their own game.

I think it might be a better use of time to instead of saying "these are all the things I don't like" , saying instead "what should this game look like". And then making my own mind up about the game based on the answer rather then what I wish the game was.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    I also play SWTOR, population there is a lot lower, they have no faction restrictions in BGs either, and the pop is almost instant

That's because SWTOR has the best battleground of all time, Huttball.
    PC NA
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slimwaffle wrote: »
    I was actually trying to intentionally not go after zos on this one or compare them to other games.
    I genuinely am just interested in what vision they have for their own game.

I think it might be a better use of time to instead of saying "these are all the things I don't like" , saying instead "what should this game look like". And then making my own mind up about the game based on the answer rather then what I wish the game was.

I've shared the very same sentiment in the past. However, I'm not sure they want to disclaim their goals.
    If the did, they'd have a standard and expectation to live up to and people would measure their success against said goals.
    It's much easier to keep things ambiguous. At least that's my suspicion.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    I also play SWTOR, population there is a lot lower, they have no faction restrictions in BGs either, and the pop is almost instant

That's because SWTOR has the best battleground of all time, Huttball.

Its a shame swotor wasn't more popular. That was a far superior game. And the pvp was on point.