The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Warden improvement Suggestion

Reistoph
Reistoph
✭✭
Hi, I have some suggestion for Warden, hope ZOS can consider it.

*Note - (Plus) means it's just crazy idea.

1. Fasten the Warden's animation for smoother combat. A lot of Warden animation are very slow compared to other class.
The animation are including:

a. Dive
- Casting and projectile speed
b. Swarm
c. Shalks
- Casting
d. Netch
- Casting
e. Lotus
- Casting

2. Skill Reworks. Some of the skill are needed for rework, at least in my opinion.

-- Animal Companions
a(i). Cutting Dive
- Like Sorcerer, Necromancer and DragonKnight, rework this skill to have combo also
- Enemy who has Race Cliff fired to them will have a stack of Cliff Cut,
which we can see a Cliff Racer's flying hovering on their head, up to 2 stack
- Upon the third attack, the hovering Cliff Racer will dive to pierce the enemy,
dealing 50% or 25% of original damage per stack to the enemy,
leaving the enemy bleeds for 100% of the original damage for 5 or 10 seconds.
The bleeds can stack up to 3 only.
- (Plus) Upon reaching the forth stack of bleeds, the artery bursts, consuming
alltogether 4 stacks of bleeds to deal 400% of original damage. This would be need
a total of 12 Dive in order to execute this. Just an idea. Kinda like Dark Souls bleed.
a(ii). Screaming Cliff Racer
- Attacking enemy will apply yourself Cliff Rush, increasing the speed of projectiles by
by 2% and the next damage of this skill by 10% or 5% for 5 seconds.
- Can be stacked up to 10 Cliff Rush stacks. Can be refresh.
- Maximum of 10% projectile speed and 100% or 50% more damage for the next Cliff Racer.
b. Netch
- Make the Netch to stick at the back instead of hovering around
c. Falcon
- (Plus) If activating while targeting the enemy, will dive to enemy, but only 3 meter nearer based
on original enemy position.
d. Bear Ultimate
- Upon activationg Guardian's Wrath, the Bear will leap to the enemy to deal damage.

-- Green Balance
a. Fungal Growth
- Starting cone heal could possibly make it bigger, instead of narrow edges.
- Something like this:
SZFOk.jpg

b. Exhilirating Seeds (Renamed from Corrupting Pollen)
- Cost stamina to recast.
- While standing in the area of casting, gain Minor Protection and Minor Vitality.
- Can cast up to 3 circles on ground
c(i). Lotus Flower
- Will cost 1k Stamina and Magicka
- While slotted, gain Major Savagery and Prophecy.
- While dealing damage, you stored 20% of the damage, up to 16k damage stored.
- Upon activation, the lotus will bloom, healing the area for how much damage you've stored.
- You can activate it earlier for it to take effect.
- After activation, you must wait 2 seconds before lotus seed replanting, allowing you
to store the damage. You can seeds from heaven decending in order to plant the seeds
c(ii). Bloody Vampiric Lotus (Renamed from Green Lotus)
- Will costs 1k HP + (0.5% * damage stored)HP
- While taken damage, you stored 20% of the damage, up to 30k damage stored.
- Upon activation, the lotus will bloom, healing the area for how much damage you've stored.
- After activation, you must wait 2 seconds before lotus seed replanting, allowing you
to store the damage. You can a roots grasping from underground hell in order to plant the seeds.
c(iii). Golden Revival Lotus (Renamed from Lotus Blossoms)
- No waiting windows.

-- Winter's Embrace
i. Frost Cloak (Basic)
- Will also summon 5 ice spears. Will consume one ice spear upon light attack to be launch at enemy.
Damage based on highest offensive stats.

I hope ZOS can reconsider at least some skills rework on the list to be implemented.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i came up with a similar idea that you have with frost cloak a long while back but for crystallised slab. and i think it's fair to say that that kind of gameplay doesn't really have anything to do with magden's existing toolkit and therefore likely wouldn't be a good fit.

Dive currently has the issue with not fitting into the class well at all appart from thematically, because it no longer has combo potential like it did pre-summerset, it's side effects are bizzare and don't mesh with scorch in the slightest and the worst problem it has is that it has an absurdly long minimum cast time which makes it feel plain horrible to use in melee range. Scorch and it's morphs are what i call the "anchors" of our class when it comes to DPSing, because it's central to our identity, your rotation is based around casting them immediatly on their very short cooldown. and since they are also a unique "aimable" frontal aoe, it makes it our most defining damage skill by far. so i think that a future skill rework should work well in tandem with it.

to cover your other skill ideas i simply think that you are thinking too complex with some of your suggestions. most are honestly fine at base and should only use some minor tweaks.

Dive and it's morphs: seems way over the top. the damage over time that cutting dive does is already very good. but it's probably fairer that it's some of its power should be traded for a far easier proc condition. the suggestions here make dive so much more powerful than any other spammable option, realistically, it would be better if dive was changed to no longer have an incredibly long minimum travel time, and if the "ranged from target" effects were replaced with either the reverse or something else, and cutting dive should probably only stack 3 times but have a proc condition other than off balance.

Falcon's Swiftness: suggestion seems kind of pointless. and if warden was to ever get an offensive gap closer it would make more sense for it to be on something like a reworked Bursting Vines or Frozen Retreat.

Feral Guardian: a straight up teleport to the enemy you cast guardian's wrath on would be incredibly helpful. jump would be weird and would also take up time.

Fungal Growth: seems solid.

Corrupting Pollen: not sure what the intent is here, a stamina morph of budding seeds? minor vitality is pretty strong, i don't think it really needs that. pve stamina wardens would probably thematically benefit from something like a bleed damage based version of budding seeds that refreshes its duration and increases its damage when it "blooms".

Lotus Flower: i don't think a complete rework of this skill is necessary but it's a cool idea i would save for another class or something. Lotus Flower and it's morphs could use a bit of help though. they're not very good at the moment.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on August 18, 2021 3:21PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reistoph wrote: »
    Hi, I have some suggestion for Warden, hope ZOS can consider it.

*Note - (Plus) means it's just crazy idea.

1. Fasten the Warden's animation for smoother combat. A lot of Warden animation are very slow compared to other class.
    The animation are including:

a. Dive
    b. Swarm
    c. Shalks
    - Casting
    d. Netch
    - Casting
    e. Lotus
    - Casting

2. Skill Reworks. Some of the skill are needed for rework, at least in my opinion.

-- Animal Companions
    a(i). Cutting Dive
    - Like Sorcerer, Necromancer and DragonKnight, rework this skill to have combo also
    - Enemy who has Race Cliff fired to them will have a stack of Cliff Cut,
    which we can see a Cliff Racer's flying hovering on their head, up to 2 stack
    - Upon the third attack, the hovering Cliff Racer will dive to pierce the enemy,
    dealing 50% or 25% of original damage per stack to the enemy,
    leaving the enemy bleeds for 100% of the original damage for 5 or 10 seconds.
    The bleeds can stack up to 3 only.
    - (Plus) Upon reaching the forth stack of bleeds, the artery bursts, consuming
    alltogether 4 stacks of bleeds to deal 400% of original damage. This would be need
    a total of 12 Dive in order to execute this. Just an idea. Kinda like Dark Souls bleed.
    a(ii). Screaming Cliff Racer
    - Attacking enemy will apply yourself Cliff Rush, increasing the speed of projectiles by
    by 2% and the next damage of this skill by 10% or 5% for 5 seconds.
    - Can be stacked up to 10 Cliff Rush stacks. Can be refresh.
    - Maximum of 10% projectile speed and 100% or 50% more damage for the next Cliff Racer.
    b. Netch
    - Make the Netch to stick at the back instead of hovering around
    c. Falcon
    - (Plus) If activating while targeting the enemy, will dive to enemy, but only 3 meter nearer based
    on original enemy position.
    d. Bear Ultimate
    - Upon activationg Guardian's Wrath, the Bear will leap to the enemy to deal damage.

-- Green Balance
    a. Fungal Growth
    - Starting cone heal could possibly make it bigger, instead of narrow edges.
    - Something like this:
    SZFOk.jpg

b. Exhilirating Seeds (Renamed from Corrupting Pollen)
    - Cost stamina to recast.
    - While standing in the area of casting, gain Minor Protection and Minor Vitality.
    - Can cast up to 3 circles on ground
    c(i). Lotus Flower
    to store the damage. You can seeds from heaven decending in order to plant the seeds
    c(ii). Bloody Vampiric Lotus (Renamed from Green Lotus)
    - Will costs 1k HP + (0.5% * damage stored)HP
    - While taken damage, you stored 20% of the damage, up to 30k damage stored.
    to store the damage. You can a roots grasping from underground hell in order to plant the seeds.
    c(iii). Golden Revival Lotus (Renamed from Lotus Blossoms)
    - No waiting windows.

-- Winter's Embrace
    i. Frost Cloak (Basic)
    - Will also summon 5 ice spears. Will consume one ice spear upon light attack to be launch at enemy.
    Damage based on highest offensive stats.

I hope ZOS can reconsider at least some skills rework on the list to be implemented.

I would like to see screaming cliff racer get the same treatment as the stam morph and decrease base skill and morphs minimum travel time.
  • Reistoph
    Reistoph
    ✭✭
    @Greek_Hellspawn for my suggestion, the Mag Dive one, you can get double damage almost all the time after the 10th stack which is the 10th dive, as the stack will always refresh.

While the Stam Dive will always need 12th Dive on the same enemy to fully consumed the stack bleed, which is I put (Plus) as this one kinda like a wild idea.

The different is, Stam Dive stack depends on enemy, while Mag Dive stack on you to empower the next Mag Dive. Stam Dive need 12th Dive on the same target, while Mag Dive doesn't even need to be on the same target to stack.
  • Reistoph
    Reistoph
    ✭✭
    @ESO_Nightingale My Frost Cloak suggestion to thematically add the Ice Shot, and also can sync well with LA, as it deals additional damage when LA.

I think for Dive, you probably look at the (Plus), as that one kinda like a wild idea. The stack idea is kinda like a reward for using this skill consecutively, such like Stone Giant, Venom Skull and Crystal Fragment.

The Corrupting Pollen change is for PVE StamWarden healer to get something replacement from the Restoration Skill staff, the AOE heals. My suggestion is to only have AOE HOT Landed for stamina, and this skill doesn't have recast to instantly heal, but can place up to 3. I know, I know, you probably gonna say Echoing Vigor, but I think at least one Stamina AOE HOT Landed would be ok.

Fungal Growth, it's easy to miss when your allies are too near, hence came up with this suggestion.

Lotus Flower suggestion is kinda want to make something more unique, like Berserker-like skill, more damage deal or taken, you stored it and BAAM! Not dead yet.
    1. Fasten the Warden's animation for smoother combat. A lot of Warden animation are very slow compared to other class. The animation are including:

a. Dive
    b. Swarm
    c. Shalks
    - Casting speed
    d. Netch
    - Casting speed
    e. Lotus
    - Casting speed

But to be honest, if ZOS just cater this, I would be really satisfied, as buffing as Warden really broke the flow of battle, as the casting speed is so slow.