Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the best 1v1 class?

xHotguy6pack
xHotguy6pack
✭✭✭
Now that I asked what the hardest mag class is to do well with. What's the best class for a straight 1v1/ duel?

What is the best 1v1 class? 66 votes

Magplar
1%
MadeInVN 1 vote
Stamplar
4%
milllaurieprice101610poochsnoocher 3 votes
Mag DK
40%
StxmmtaniacCozzy1991VevvevQwazzythankyouratAsardesOcelot9xSpurius_LuciliusWaltherCarrawayxAlucardx92n0she1teRValabrogESO_NightingaleZekkaWyrd88Alchimiste1baselinestunDakkxSorbin 27 votes
Stam DK
4%
HiImRexMetemsycosisWildRaptorX 3 votes
Mag Sorc
4%
WingpavlaprovazWabanakiWarrior 3 votes
Stam Sorc
3%
taugrimAmerises 2 votes
Mag Warden
0%
Stam Warden
10%
Aektanngamma71GERMANO-THE-IMPERIALadirondackblkjagmaster_vanargandMelivar 7 votes
Mag Necro
7%
NeillMcAttackThePedgeImSoProDaffenSkaraMinoc 5 votes
Stam Necro
22%
SolarikenThrabenRagnaroek93kuma82xMauiWauiTimeDazzlerQaghPhoenixGreyPlasma_ElfRed99JayKwellenRisenEclipsetheCampeR_divnyiArbiter7070 15 votes
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK
    Mag DK for me.

Mine seems to perform the best at 1v1. Providing it's not a templar and we don't end up standing there in an infinite cycle of boredom because they can just cleanse my abilities.
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Necro
    Definitely my best 1v1 fighter right now. 1 perfect dbos/bb combo is all it takes usually. After that if the opponent isn’t dead, they’re about to be from the following bb. :D Except vs Wardens…they eat damage like I eat fried rice.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag Necro
    Mag Cro and to a lesser extent Mag Sorc are ridiculous 1v1 due to the insane damage.

Every other class is not difficult to fight. DK is the weakest 1v1 which is weird because I see lots of them.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on August 14, 2021 1:20AM
    PC NA
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK
    Mag Dk is without a doubt the best 1v1 class. Best unblockable stun in the game and can potentially heal you depending on which morph. Has the best single target heal with coagulating blood if built into correctly. Has the best sustainable pressure with hard hitting dots and immobilises. Has the best blocking potential in the game. Synchronises very well with most proc sets in the game. Not only this Mag Dk gets alot of healing from being offensive. Whip can heal, shattered rocks can heal, burning embers can heal and battle roar when using an ultimate can heal. Thats alot of healing for being offensive. Unfortunately the things that make its so great in a 1v1 cannot help it very well in open world. U cannot be offensive 24/7 when outnumbered to get those heals, the overall sustain issue of mag dk is horrible but for 1v1 its enough. Mag Dk cannot sustain itself in open world with all the pressure thats on you. Open world PvP is primarily high burst rather than wearing down your opponent and mag dk isn't high burst its more of a slow build up class unless you spec into insane damage. King for 1v1, but a pile of trash in open world PvP
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Necro
    Regarding 1vs1, NOT Duel (in a Duel you are generally not allowed to kite sufficiently).

StamNecros can kite forever if they need to, but more importantly, their burst window has a higher uptime than any other stamina class(IF they wear harmony). If all the other skills are roughly the same, a StamNecro will win. Additionally, they are virtually immune to Dots.

Being a stamina class, they have all the advantages of a MagNecro, but none of their crippling weaknesses (mobility, lack of a real execute). The only place where you would prefer 'Magicka Necroes is group play (because of Magicka Detonation).
    Edited by Thraben on August 15, 2021 7:58AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Red99
    Red99
    ✭✭✭
    Stam Necro
    Stamnecro has all, tank megaheals burst dmg
    Edited by Red99 on August 15, 2021 7:51AM
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Mag DK
    Mag dk 100%. I know what to do against it, when to cleanse, both on my stampalar or stamden, but man, they are hard to beat. If a decent one in BG gets to me first, Im dead sooner or later. The only way is to run away...

Second option is tanky stamcro.
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK
    Magdk, your dots melt people and your whips have like 20k tooltips.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.o

Edit: not how I'd rank it
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 16, 2021 12:25AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MadeInVN
    MadeInVN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Next patch magplar will be the top dog with buffed purifying light. Pain's refuge CP giving players extra mitigation for every debuff will also be very strong against magdks.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see some people that were traumatized after running into a DK. That wasn't a mag one, it was a hybrid, look forward to next patch when the hybrids will be even stronger...

Also not every mag DK has a 32k coag blood...so you don't have to rank the class so high!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So nightblades didn't even make the list?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK
    MagDK feels like it was built for 1v1 and as such performs admirably in it. It'll burn it's foes down by nuking their stamina with Fossilize, apply constant pressure that needs to be purged or it'll eat through your heals over time, and they restore resources when they pop ultimates. Best way to beat them is to purge their DoTs but if you can't do that you're going to be in for a tough fight.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

Magblades would be the only contender here lol, stamblade doesn't really bring anything to the table, not good at 1v1s
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK
    Good in 1v1 not good in open world is a MagDKs chronic problems.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag Necro
    How is Mag DK #1? It's one of the easiest classes to beat 1v1.

Both Mag Cro and Stam Cro are more difficult.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on August 17, 2021 9:51AM
    PC NA
  • Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭
    Stam Necro
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    How is Mag DK #1? It's one of the easiest classes to beat 1v1.

Both Mag Cro and Stam Cro are more difficult.

Agreed. Necromancer has far too much healing, burst and passive damage mitigation. As well as the ability to cleanse. Stamcro gets access to constant major defile on an opponent as well. A meta Stamcro player going against any player of equivalent skill on any other class is most likely going to win. MagDK is a vicious opponent in a 1v1, but the necromancer is FAR superior.
    Edited by Arbiter7070 on August 17, 2021 6:48PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag DK
    MadeInVN wrote: »
    Next patch magplar will be the top dog with buffed purifying light. Pain's refuge CP giving players extra mitigation for every debuff will also be very strong against magdks.

Purifying light and potl got trashed on pts. They didn't even announce it.
    It will be pretty much the same damage as on live, aka garbage.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam Necro
    Nb isn't even a poll option and only one person realised that the class is missing Sadge
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on August 17, 2021 10:57PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

They don't want NB getting nerfed because everyone is playing them these days. It's probably the same guys that say "its so hard to bomb people" and yet if you see them on live, they are always running in a group o 20+ NBs all using tether on one target (and failing).

If that target happens to be playing DK, and gets away because they are a hybrid with a cleanse set on and happen to clean off that initial unbreakable CC + hold block then start killing them, that makes mag DK broken OP. Definitely not a skill problem, DK was broken in that situation, so it must be god in 1v1 to them.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nb isn't even a poll option and only one person realised that the class is missing Sadge

I also noticed that nightblades are not included but didn't comment until now. Magblade is my favorite class. :)

Magblade lost in the poll mentioned in the op (linked below). MagDK is the second loser. Oddly Interestingly, magdk is winning this one.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/583396/hardest-mag-class-to-do-well-with-in-pvp-right-now
    Edited by Dojohoda on August 18, 2021 7:21PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • xHotguy6pack
    xHotguy6pack
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to add nightblade and was too lazy to add it honestly lol