The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Monster sets and mythics removed? Nocp

citats
citats
✭✭✭
The PTS 7.1.0 notes include a list of all the sets that will work in nocp when the next patch drops (this implies the rest will not).
There are no monster sets in this list, as well as no mythic items. And as far as I can tell there is nothing that clarifies this anywhere.

Were these items overlooked in the patch notes @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler or are they actually being removed from nocp?
What about strictly 1 piece monster set bonuses and 2 piece bonuses that give a flat consistent buff (no proc)?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To answer your questions:

1. One-piece bonuses are legal
    2. The only legal mythic is Shapeshifter's Chain
    3. The only legal monster sets are Mighty Chudan and Slimecraw
  • citats
    citats
    ✭✭✭
    I do see Shapeshifter's Chain in the official patch notes so fair enough.

Though I don't see anything official from zos saying that 1-piece monster bonuses and 2-piece chudan/slimecraw will be allowed.

Are they currently allowed on PTS?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a fair few sets that weren't listed on the official list that actually do currently work on the PTS.

I've tested a bunch of them and can confirm.
  • citats
    citats
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, at least we have a couple monster sets to work with. Hopefully they add/create new ones for nocp.

Personally I don't agree with zos consistently decreasing both the skill gap and build diversity, but it is what it is.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    There are a fair few sets that weren't listed on the official list that actually do currently work on the PTS.

I'd be interested in your findings. :)
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    citats wrote: »
    I do see Shapeshifter's Chain in the official patch notes so fair enough.

Though I don't see anything official from zos saying that 1-piece monster bonuses and 2-piece chudan/slimecraw will be allowed.

Are they currently allowed on PTS?

During the no-proc tests all 1 piece bonuses from Monster sets worked as long as they were just raw stats. I know a popular combo was Domihaus + Swarm Mother due to the hybrid magicka and stamina bonuses on the 1st piece. This was the equivalent of having 2 stamina and 2 magicka set boosts.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mentioned hc before, but please go on.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm being cagey because I don't want to see any sets get hit with the nerf bat before the patch goes live.

But I doubt that they're actually "bugs" so I guess I'll go ahead and list a few more:

New Moon Acolyte
    Shalks Exoskeleton
    Champion of the Hist
    Vampire's Cloak
    Toothrow
    Footman's Fortune

I would posit that the above sets working would imply that all sets that provide constant bonuses are likely to work - but I have not tested every such set in the game on the PTS.

There are also some other sets that will likely surprise people and perhaps ride the line between being a bug or intended behavior. I'm sure that they will come out soon after the patch goes live but it's sure to generate some threads on the forum because they are fairly high-profile sets.

My takeaway in testing so far has been that the No-Proc rules are much more permissive than they initially appeared and that they are far less restrictive than the 19 sets from the testing period. Assuming that these un-listed sets are not reverted to being banned, there might yet be hope for Ravenwatch.
    Edited by YandereGirlfriend on August 14, 2021 8:52PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm being cagey because I don't want to see any sets get hit with the nerf bat before the patch goes live.

But I doubt that they're actually "bugs" so I guess I'll go ahead and list a few more:

New Moon Acolyte
    Shalks Exoskeleton
    Champion of the Hist
    Vampire's Cloak
    Toothrow
    Footman's Fortune

I would posit that the above sets working would imply that all sets that provide constant bonuses are likely to work - but I have not tested every such set in the game on the PTS.

There are also some other sets that will likely surprise people and perhaps ride the line between being a bug or intended behavior. I'm sure that they will come out soon after the patch goes live but it's sure to generate some threads on the forum because they are fairly high-profile sets.

My takeaway in testing so far has been that the No-Proc rules are much more permissive than they initially appeared and that they are far less restrictive than the 19 sets from the testing period. Assuming that these un-listed sets are not reverted to being banned, there might yet be hope for Ravenwatch.

Awesome, thanks.
    I had suspicions/hopes for nma, shalk exoskeleton and champion of the hist. Excellent news!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden