Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Abah's Landing and Anvil should have writ turn-in locations

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I can do my daily writs in Abah's Landing but I can't turn them in there. I have to travel to another city like Daggerfall to turn them in. That doesn't make much sense. Please add places to turn in daily crafting writs in Abah's Landing and Anvil. Thanks.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How odd. I didn’t know they didn’t have one.

@ZOS_Kevin
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't DLC zones not have crafting turn in spots, like S. Elsweyr doesn't either iirc. Probably a hold over from when you had to turn them in to a specific location depending on your crafting level and alliance.
    PC NA
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Don't DLC zones not have crafting turn in spots, like S. Elsweyr doesn't either iirc. Probably a hold over from when you had to turn them in to a specific location depending on your crafting level and alliance.

@oterWitz
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-crafting-writ-turn-in-locations-list/

I don’t understand the reasons behind why some do and others don’t.
    Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on June 29, 2021 7:33AM
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did a bit of digging around on UESP, and prior to Update 16 (Clockwork City) you had to turn in writs at a specific location depending on the level of the writ. So, for example, I remember when I was just learning crafting, I had to turn in writs in Stonefalls, but once I maxed out my crafting I turned them in in Craglorn. Incidentally, I took a break from the game right before Clockwork City dropped and when I came back it took me a while to realize that I could do and turn in writs anywhere.

These zone specific drop offs matched the way you were meant to progress prior to One Tamriel, and how you still progress through the main story of each faction. I suppose this started changing with the DLCs, and then after the Morrowind chapter changed the tutorial and Vvardenfell became like a starting zone where people could level up instead of the starter island progression, it just made the most sense to make all crafting turn-ins everywhere. Because the chapter zones are so big and offer(ed) new tutorials (prior to Blackwood), it makes sense that they would have a full set of crafting writ boards and turn in locations so that new players could learn the crafting professions without being sent all over the map. The only odd-man-out is Orsinium, but people generally agree that Orsinium was like a chapter before the chapter system was developed, and I'm not sure about the evolution of crafting writs there. And again, the first part is what I found/remember, the second is how I understand from an outside perspective. The more serious long term players and crafters can probably weigh in with better insight.

ps sorry if that's a bit rambly
    Edit: Oh, and silly me, I missed where Bowd put the CWC thing right on his page too! Opps :) Hope that makes sense as an explanation though.
    Edited by oterWitz on June 29, 2021 8:13AM
    PC NA
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be so great if all the DLC capitals also allowed turn ins...

Imagine Senchal, Markarth, CWC, Limoth as nice turn in spots. I'd move my chars to those too!
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »

Imagine Senchal, Markarth, CWC, Limoth as nice turn in spots. I'd move my chars to those too!

ESO’s version of Markarth is so cool with all the Reach aesthetic. I’d love to make it a crafting hub. Murkmire and S. Elsweyr would be nice as well.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Are you talking about master writs? Because regular daily crafting writs can be turned in in the main DLC cities. I did mine and turned them in in Senchal today, since I was there anyway. But I agree it would be great to be able to turn master writs in everywhere you can turn daily crafting writs in — that would save a lot of traveling around the map.

• NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you talking about master writs? Because regular daily crafting writs can be turned in in the main DLC cities. I did mine and turned them in in Senchal today, since I was there anyway. But I agree it would be great to be able to turn master writs in everywhere you can turn daily crafting writs in — that would save a lot of traveling around the map.

...where in Senchal? I've never seen a DLC zone to have the regular "boxes" to hand in writs, only chapters.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Senchal does not have turn ins. I wish it did. Also Abah’s Landing. Such nice cities...never to be visited again.
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, it would bring some life to places that are virtually dead like Wrothgar and bring some extra new life in places like Abahs Landing that are relatively quiet. I would love to see this happen, maybe a special update where they could even play it in as Rolis has expanded his writ services and dailies can now be turned in at all major cities in each zone. Good thread @StarOfElyon
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Abah’s Landing was the only exception. None of the other DLC cities have writ boards, so you can’t pick up or turn in.

The Hollow City did get its missing Jewel station, so maybe there’s hope.
    Edited by ghastley on August 12, 2021 1:04PM